Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e4ef49be6f7e71b58e4ccfeed9ff4a69Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Helmet chin greeblie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Y-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wtyler3 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Helmet chin greeblie Reply with quote

Does anyone have a picture of the right side chin original greeblie for the Y wing helmet?

The one that is most seen is the one with the Yamaha engine cover on the circuit board helmet that is missing the chin part.

I know I saw a picture of that helmet with that part intact, and then it went missing.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what the part is but I know what you're talking about. I'll search through my references when I'm back on my PC and see what I can find.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wtyler3 ()

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I should have mentioned the helmet that is seen a lot when one searches for Y wing helmets. I left the first message pretty vague.

It is the one with the missing ghosted greeblie on the right side of the chin. Yellow with green striping on the brow, and the JJ decal on the right side above the Yamaha bike engine greeblie.

I know I saw a pic somewhere of that particular greeblie before it went missing from subsequent photos available.

I asked the guy on shapeways to recreate that particular one (he did the mic holder, circular circuit board thing and the Yamaha cover before) and he was interested in making one.

I have a resin cast of the greeblie that really needs to be redone. And I am sure that others would like a more detailed, accurate copy of it.
wtyler3 ()

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is interesting that there are two other helmets, one with green brow striping, and another one with orange brow striping that seem to have the same right side chin greeblie. And the ghosting of the missing one seems to mimic the shape of those other two. So perhaps all three had the same one?

The part that came with my RA kit looks like a part of an engine, with cooling vanes, etc.
wtyler3 ()

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to keep posting on this, but there are 4 other helmets that I can find online, but only the one with the missing chin part has tons of photos.

Are there any photos out there for the other helmets? I would love to be able to see the sides and back of them.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you're talking about the greeblie like these, yes?

It's hard to tell exactly what the part is, and it's hard to say if the different Y-wing helmets had that same part or different ones. In some pictures the part just looks like a metal tube with some nuts and bolts threaded onto it, in other pictures it looks a bit more complicated. It looks a bit like the ones on the side of the B-wing pilot helmet but not exactly so, a little thinner and maybe a little longer...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ywingfighter (Frank)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part you are looking for is from Tamiya 1/6 BMW Modelkit!
wtyler3 ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ywing,

Are you talking about the earpiece cover? With Yamaha on it? Or the chin item?

I saw that the ear piece is from that kit. I looked it up and the kit is several hundred bucks. Think I will stick with the 3D printed replica:)
ywingfighter (Frank)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I mean the cylinder part on the chin but its my mistake, its from Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidson FLH 1200 Police Bike!
https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Harley-Davidson-FLH1200-Police-Bike.html
wtyler3 ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is awesome. I looked over the parts trees and the whole thing must be a combination of parts? I cant quite tell which of them it must be though.

All greeblies have been identified then, except the circuit board thing? Mic holder, mic tip, helmet port, ear piece cover, bottom circular plug?
ywingfighter (Frank)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had looking for myself for that parts and some are identified but some are
mistery. So the cylinder part, mic holder mictip , earpart and connectors.
For the cicurite board you can use a 3D printed one.You can found them on shapeways. The cylinder part is made by 3 parts. Look at the Dented helmet forum at your thread. They had a good picture.
wtyler3 ()

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y wing,

That is the pic I was originally talking about. Awesome it got posted. The thing is it seems that the 2 helmets from the game have the same pattern greeblie as the helmet that is missing the one. A much more simple add on. Any thoughts?

I need to start posting pics of my build. I have an RA kit and I have to basically redo the whole thing to get it correct. Don't get me wrong, it is fine if one just wants to have one and isn't that concerned.

But I am kind of a stickler for accuracy so I am forced to cut it up and start over:(
wtyler3 ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a better picture of the other forehead greeblie? Not the 50 pin connector one. I cant seem to find a good picture of it.

I asked gucabe (the guy on shapeways who did a number of the helmet greeblies on there) and hes has done 2 of the other ones seen so far. But I am trying to see if he will do this other one. The helmet has orange forehead banding and grey chin banding lines. A circle with an heaxgon in the middle just on the right side of the forehead.....
wtyler3 ()

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: New greeblies available Reply with quote

Check shapeways for the two new greeblies. Got them in today and they are pretty darn good.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DDXG6RPAB/y-wing-helmet-left-side-piston
https://www.shapeways.com/product/NQHDUBEJH/right-side-grill-y-wing-helmet

He is also working on three more for us. The engine part left chin greeblie, another right side greeblie from a second helmet, and the other forehead one. He is taking some artistic license with that one as I can't find a really good photo if it with enough detail. There is one that has some details that can be made out....
krystrom (Dubos)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Y-wing Helmet Reply with quote

Hi, I seek to get the Y-wing pilot helmet, could you tell me where I then find it, thank you very much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Y-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: