Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6068acfb0768fc5f0c45616b5cc027a0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

PLEASE READ: Event Sign-up Concerns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GokaiRed (Michael DeGuzman)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: PLEASE READ: Event Sign-up Concerns Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

Recently myself and others in the other LFL groups have noticed an increase of people signing up for the same troops with multiple groups. We applaud those members who are willing to pull double duty or more at events. I myself am among those that does this and I know first hand it isn't always easy.

However we have had some issues recently at some events that have necessitated this post. We wanted to remind everyone of the following:

1. Head Count - Events such as sporting events often give us a maximum head count that we can use between all LFL groups. We will often post if there is a head count for the event. We ask that if you do sign up to represent multiple groups that you state whose list you will be on. This ensures we can maximize the number of people we can get into events from all groups. Myself and the other COs will do our best on our ends to maintain this, but we are asking members to help us out here.

Example Post: "Hey Guys, I will do this event as both 501st and Rebel Legion. I am already on the 501st list. I will change costumes mid way into the event."

2. Comp Tickets - Also on this same thought with the head count, make sure if you do get a pass from another group or use one from Rebel Legion that you follow-through with trooping for the group you received your ticket from. An example is if you got your ticket via the 501st that you follow with that commitment. I ask the same for any of our Echo Base members who wish to double troop for the 501st, Saber Guild, or the Mandalorian Mercs.

Example: The ECG requires you to be in your 501st kit for at least 2 hours. If you got your WinterCon pass from the ECG, you need to ensure you are in your 501st costume for that 2 hours sometime during the day. As long as you can fulfill that and the ECG is aware and ok with it, you can spend the rest of the time in your RL costume. However, getting a pass from the 501st but using it to only appear in your Rebel Legion costume is not acceptable.

Note: We also know people sign up to one group as a place holder just in case they can't get on the list of their preferred group. (IE: Sign up to the Rebel Legion just in case the 501st list fills up since Rebel Legion got it posted first). That is fine, but we ask that if you do successfully get on the list for your preferred group you'd rather troop with that you let the other group(s) know so they can free up that slot/ticket. This way we can bump up someone who may be on the waiting list or hoping to bring a handler with them.

3. Communication - We know life happens and for all of us this is a hobby. All we ask is that if you have to bail out of a troop you signed up for, please communicate it to someone either via the forum or if it is last minute letting the someone who will be at the troop know and/or someone in the command staff for the base. Not only is this so that we aren't left wondering if you are safe because you haven't showed up yet, but if you are part of a head count/pass holder for an event, we can bump someone who may be on the waiting list.

Note: We ask also that if you sign up for a troop, but another one the same day crops up that you'd rather do due to distance/convenience, that you ensure you post accordingly.

thanks,

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: