Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5af2f58e7f0476239d708d57e24ce741Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Is the D-ring mandatory?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuma Dashana ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Is the D-ring mandatory? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm getting ready to submit my generic Jedi and I've a question about the lightsaber.

I'm not too fond of the wheel + covertec combo, so I opted for a Stile B belt with hook (original trilogy).
My idea was to wrap my hilt in leather cord and make a loop with the same cord to hang my hilt from (most for show, since I generally have my blade on and the sword in hand).

In the costume standard I read:

'For the “hook/clip” type of lightsaber attachment, the lightsaber (itself) will likely have a D-ring'

'likely' makes me think that the D-ring isn't mandatory and other ways of attaching the hilt to the belt are permissible, am I wrong?

Thank you.
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's mostly about the belt. the 2 options for the belt accessory are:
covertec clip, or metal hook (for catching the D-ring on the lightsaber).

but consider: MANY jedi-costumers don't wear a hilt on the belt at all,
because their lightsaber has a permanent blade attached.

^^ in this case, then the belt-accessory is just for show.
(and the D-ring on the lightsaber is irrelevant).

IF you had a proper metal hook on the belt, but NO D-ring on the lightsaber.. then this would be fine.

it would be the same scenario, as the person with the "permanently bladed" lightsaber,
who never hangs it from the belt at all.

either way: the belt MUST have either, a covertec clip or a metal hook.

hope this helps. cheers.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect! My belt has a metal hook (I made sure of that before ordering), so I'm set.

Thank you, Cobalt-60. :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: