Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=48f88ac5ff9e099ef4a6df95f7e14d21Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP for Rey (Scavenger)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> New Star Wars costumes ep 7 on
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Limotro ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: WIP for Rey (Scavenger) Reply with quote

Hello! I am pretty new to all of this, so if I'm doing something incorrectly, please let me know!

Recently, I went to a local con dressed in my Rey cosplay. I had never heard of the Rebel Legion and all the great things you guys do! After speaking to my local group, I really want to try for a membership!

This is what I have so far, please let me know what you think, I know there are a lot of mistakes, but I just wanted to get a feel for how close I am. I just received my Po-Zu boots in the mail a few days ago, so I know I'm at least good there! Very Happy

Rey by Limotro, on Flickr[/img]

Sorry for the weird color in my basement, the lights are VERY yellow.

Rey-Front by Limotro, on Flickr

This is how I wore it to my local con.

Rey-Back by Limotro, on Flickr

Rey-Right by Limotro, on Flickr

Rey-Left by Limotro, on Flickr

I'm currently working on a new belt, and bracer. I put most of this together in less than a month, and didn't have many options for my resources, it was all just for the con, so I'm trying to figure out where else I should be focusing. Thank you for taking a look!
halyonix (haley valdes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what fabric are you using for your shirt and body wrap?
TFA Jakku Scavenger Rey
AOTC Tusken Raider female
Limotro ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the shirt I used either linen or muslin, I can't remember now. For the wrap I used papyrus gauze.
Limotro ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to bump my post to get opinions. Please let me know what y'all think! Thank you!
gallica (laure)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ! This is a great start ! I think there some things to fix indeed, before applying to RL. I will try to help you Smile

I think you need indeed to replace the belt. There is an insert in the back instead of rivets. The bracer needs to be darker brown too, the middle part is lighter.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/3e/15/aa/3e15aa50b4dbf23ed1f860b2fe9b212c.jpg

For the color of your costume, the undershirt looks ok, but the side-cut at the bottom of it has to be removed. You can sew it together and it will be approvable. I really like the V-neck you made.
The color of the tabards looks too yellow indeed Mr. Green but even with this kind of light, you can add a bit of tan/taupe to it. It should look sand/tan color, not yellow. In sunlight, it will be either grey or taupe (depending of weather)... this is the tricky thing about this costume, so be sure to check the color indoor AND outdoor when you'll dye it. I have to made it 3 times before getting the color I want Rolling Eyes

(indoor, white light) https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14184451_1101853593230882_8373951407327359873_n.jpg?oh=43e02c6202d9a61b6dd6209efe0f79b3&oe=590976FE

Your pant looks great! Personally, I like it this way, but I think other judges might think it's too light compare to the rest. You can dye it a bit more with grey (if you can. I know it's difficult with silk, if it's what you used). If it's darker in reality, try to send another picture for the RL application where the pant looks darker (I know from experience that camera false colors). There is a cuff made of strip of leftover fabric at the bottom of it, you need to add it. Wink

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d9/2e/0b/d92e0b97237dfc1aca8a16c3f0f785bb.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/474x/5c/77/f9/5c77f9a5bc726146e0b6616f38b3a0fd.jpg

I believe you need to find another pouch too, it's looks too dark. There is also too side buckles and and an ALICE clip to it. I hope this will help you !
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14212065_1101849886564586_6696050178196372433_n.jpg?oh=7520e7eaeb61f4acb204671d6a3c3bd7&oe=5923F604

I'm looking foward to see your work Very Happy
Limotro ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your input! Everything you pointed out is what I was curious about, you've put my mind at ease, and my hands to work! Do you know of any satchel patterns hanging around here? I tried to search, but wasn't successful.
gallica (laure)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome ! Smile
I know that the accurate one is the british signal satchel WW2 pattern 37. The right side has to be cut. I got mine on ebay.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/474x/48/ec/8b/48ec8b3483fd0d877990bd34ea7ff084.jpg

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=479157&d=1432047784
Limotro ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the bag supposed to be a certain size, or is it like the staff, where it is proportionate to me?
gallica (laure)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be proportional to your body in size. Mine is 7' X 9' (2' thickness) - 18X23X6cm
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear in mind, most adults fall into a vaguely similar size range, so unless you are EXCEPTIONALLY small (child-size) or EXCEPTIONALLY large, there's unlikely to be a huge difference in pouch size. An inch or two variance at most, I'd think.
gallica (laure)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, exactly you are right Wink We have actually a lot of applicant who made bag that are too large... be careful, because these are not be approvable and we often ask to cut some inches.
Limotro ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, everyone!
Limotro ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated quite a few things, so I just wanted to get opinions! Thank you! Oh and I am sharing photos inside and outside to get opinions on color.

DSC_0241 by Limotro, on Flickr

DSC_0244 by Limotro, on Flickr

DSC_0246 by Limotro, on Flickr

DSC_0252 by Limotro, on Flickr

DSC_0256 by Limotro, on Flickr

DSC_0251 by Limotro, on Flickr

DSC_0255 by Limotro, on Flickr

DSC_0250 by Limotro, on Flickr

DSC_0254 by Limotro, on Flickr

DSC_0253 by Limotro, on Flickr

DSC_0260 by Limotro, on Flickr

DSC_0261 by Limotro, on Flickr
These are my arm wraps next to everything else for color comparison.

DSC_0264 by Limotro, on Flickr

DSC_0266 by Limotro, on Flickr

DSC_0262 by Limotro, on Flickr

DSC_0263 by Limotro, on Flickr
My bag isn't finished yet (obviously), I just wanted to share to make sure everything is looking okay.
Limotro ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After making a few adjustments to the color of my pants, I have officially been accepted for membership for the Rebel Legion!!!
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, and welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> New Star Wars costumes ep 7 on All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: