Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=89d410c8301454e08326ffb8c341efe5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Saw Gerrera's Jedha Militia Costumes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OddViking (Colin Adams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That donut of Saw's rebels sometimes looks white, and sometimes just unpainted metal color (not white). Here are some reference images I got from some behind the scenes parts on the bonus disk.

And for another reference to that helmet, in Rebels Season 3, where we meet Saw in the tunnels in Geonosis, a bunch of his men are missing, and they just find the helmets. They have them with a solid/rigid looking top and sides, but they are clearly white donut helmets.

G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorn_Korrd wrote:
Well, it doesn't in my book.
Are we done picking nits and back on the topic?

I'm quite certain that the visual similarities to, let's say, the Cairo thugs from Raiders of the lost ark is not a coincidence.

What's cool about the terrorist cell is that it gives the costumer a wide variety of costumes to choose from: simple robes to more complex costumes.

This IS the topic. You posted and asked for feedback/ discussion, and were giving it to you.

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigwillis wrote:

What sort of steps would need to be taken in order to get some basic requirements/standards done up?

As former DCO and current judge, the things that come to mind is:

How does this costume fit into RAID?
Why does this costume fit into RAID?
Do these characters represent an organized group such as The Rebellion or the Resistance, or, like Denizens and smugglers, operate outside the influence of those organizations?

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa
navarre1095 (CHARLES GRAY)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorn_Korrd wrote:
Well, it doesn't in my book.
Are we done picking nits and back on the topic?

I'm quite certain that the visual similarities to, let's say, the Cairo thugs from Raiders of the lost ark is not a coincidence.

What's cool about the terrorist cell is that it gives the costumer a wide variety of costumes to choose from: simple robes to more complex costumes.

You need to dial back the tone or go play elsewhere.

Rebel Legion Costumes: Fleet Trooper, Tusken, Old Ben (informal), Clone, Malakilli,

501st Costumes: Imperial Navy, Crew, Bantha Rider, Clone, Zuckuss, Snowtrooper, Malakilli, A'sharad Hett

XO- HMS Hexapuma, Captain (jg) TRMN

Ordained Priest, Church of the Latter Day Dude
JohnMorog ()

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'nott sH'urr wrote:
Pigwillis wrote:

What sort of steps would need to be taken in order to get some basic requirements/standards done up?

As former DCO and current judge, the things that come to mind is:

How does this costume fit into RAID?
Why does this costume fit into RAID?
Do these characters represent an organized group such as The Rebellion or the Resistance, or, like Denizens and smugglers, operate outside the influence of those organizations?

I think that is a good point. This costume isn't necessarily RAID, since they're more outcasts of the Rebellion. They're not really smugglers/bounty hunters either though. I could see them being classified simply under the Alliance Citizens (like Willrow Hood) category. Or just a new category specifically for Saw's militia.

That opens up costuming standards a lot.
I think some generic base-line standards would apply to all characters, for instance:
A helmet
- Choose one:
---a Rogue One ERT-style helmet (not a ROTJ ERT helmet)
---a black Alderaanian style helmet with red visor
---a shadow (black) scout trooper helmet.
Clothes
- Black or tan cotton twill shirt extended to mid-thigh. Long sleeve
- Cargo pants, or 'Arabian Knights' style baggy pants (I'm really not sure what these are called)
- Red or black shemagh
- Goggles
Accessories
- Cross-bandolier style pouches
- pouch belt
Weapon
- Pretty much anything. You could even require that no standard-issue weapons be used in this category (has to be a custom modified blaster either based on standard-issue, or completely original, but fitting in the universe).
rtdubz (Trey Walker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The technical term for these guys is "Partisans" or "Saws Militia", even though they are technically ex-Rebel alliance, they are still a Rebel Cell fighting against the empire and should be classed as RAID due to their notable uniformity and style with the rest of the rebellion forces along with their recent alliances
rtdubz (Trey Walker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also suggest the wording for the helmet mention it has to be a weathered silver, the rogue one donut wording could also refer to the metal grey and metal blue Rebel helmets specific to the soldiers of "Rogue One" mission to scarif
JohnMorog ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rtdubz wrote:
The technical term for these guys is "Partisans" or "Saws Militia", even though they are technically ex-Rebel alliance, they are still a Rebel Cell fighting against the empire and should be classed as RAID due to their notable uniformity and style with the rest of the rebellion forces along with their recent alliances

rtdubz wrote:
I also suggest the wording for the helmet mention it has to be a weathered silver, the rogue one donut wording could also refer to the metal grey and metal blue Rebel helmets specific to the soldiers of "Rogue One" mission to scarif

Yes, while 'Jedha jihadis' has a nice alliterative ring to it, Partisan is probably the most accurate term, or Saw's militia since more people would probably know what you were referring to.

As far as the helmet goes, I agree. It's only a Rogue One *style*, NOT a ROTJ style helmet (they are slightly different shapes, and have different vents on the back).
I personally feel the color could be either eggshell or the brushed/weathered silver. Eggshell makes a little more sense to me since they were in the desert.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although this would probably fit better in Supporters, I am not opposed to having these costumes in R.A.I.D. until such time as they find a better home should that ever happen.

Saw's Militia will be the official name for this group of costumes as far as this discussion goes.

Any costumes that would be considered for membership would have to be based on individual characters. We need shots of the front, back, and sides.

Moar pix plz.

Rebel Legion Costumes: Fleet Trooper, Tusken, Old Ben (informal), Clone, Malakilli,

501st Costumes: Imperial Navy, Crew, Bantha Rider, Clone, Zuckuss, Snowtrooper, Malakilli, A'sharad Hett

Last edited by navarre1095 (CHARLES GRAY) on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Fringe Detachment XO here. I hesitated to post earlier because there's a great discussion going, and I don't want to be seen as trying to "take" a costume from another detachment, but recent comments seem to be open to finding them another home.

For what it's worth, there's a category in Fringe/DB94 for "Unsanctioned Rebels," and I'm including Saw's Partisans in that. We have several Two Tubes costumes approved already.

PS: Dual detachment is also an option if people want to do both.

Commanding Officer, Docking Bay 94 Detachment
2017/18: DXO DB94, BMO Freedom Base

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."
~HK-47
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no issue with it. I feel that these costumes are a cool idea that need to be explored. Where they wind up is not as important as them finding a home.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: