Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=afb309297a9afd997da5e786c776c969Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Shakka- Approvable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Twi'leks and Togruta
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Shakka- Approvable? Reply with quote

Hello all!

I think it's about time I build a good twi'lek. (I at least want to have it ready by the next Celebration in 2019.)

I was thinking Shakka from Phantom Menace- she is a consort/slave girl of the wealthy pod race better named Graxol Kelvyyn. She is seen sitting beside Kelvyyn during the pod race.

Hasbro also made an action figure of her, Kelvyyn, and Watto in a figure set called "Watto's box."

Now the reason I ask if she's approvable is because we don't quite get a full length shot of her in the movie; she has her legs up in one photo and we see all of her except her feet. (However, her action figure features her in black strapped sandals.) This is the almost full length shot that I am referring to:

And her costume was also on exhibit:

So I think the basic components/standards for the costume would be:

1. Skin and long lekku painted red/orange (Lethan Twi'lek)
2. Dog-spike styled black leather collar, with 4 chains descending down and connecting to the bra.
3. Matching dog-spike style leather armbands on each upper arm
4. Chain link bikini bra with dangling beads and chained straps. The 4 chains that descend from the collar should attach on the top of the bra cups (2 chains per cup.) (and judging from the exhibit photo, the bra cups should be lined with red/orange fabric)
5. Chain link bikini bottom (wide enough in the back to cover the buttocks and probably also a good idea to line with the same red/orange fabric as the bra.)
6. Whiteish-silver leather headband that has the "Oola style" ornament in the center with accurately shaped twi'lek ear caps showing on the sides.
7. Black strapped sandals

I hope I can work on this costume, but I would just like to know if there are enough sources that would make it eligible to be approvable.

Alien judges; please let me know if you think there's enough source material for her to be doable! Wink
Rebel Legion Costumer of the Year 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Twi'leks and Togruta All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: