Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c9cab9f14c98776278c3d608bbfd299cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Edmonton chewbacca build.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Outrider Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcalus ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Edmonton chewbacca build. Reply with quote

Hello all

My name is Jon and am new to the rebel side. I've been trooping with the badlands as a sandtrooper, and resently added a tie pilot. But I've been wanting to do a chewbacca for quite some time now and have finally started on him.
I've finished my stilts, have a Wookiee workshop skull/mask kit on order along with all that hair!.. but in the mean time I picked up some from a local (Edmonton) sally beauty supply to practice straightening and latch hooking.

My first question is.. won't be the last I'm sure. But, how do I load pics from my gallery to the site?
Any help would be great thanks!
CJKatz (Colin Smith)
Outrider Base XO
Outrider Base XO

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there! Welcome to the Rebels!

I'm excited to have a new Chewbacca in Edmonton, great to see some face characters around here.

The recommended way to display photos on the forums here is to set up a photobucket account and then link it using the "img" forum shortcut above your post.

I can be more detailed if you need it.
jcalus ()

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJKatz wrote:
Hey there! Welcome to the Rebels!

I'm excited to have a new Chewbacca in Edmonton, great to see some face characters around here.

The recommended way to display photos on the forums here is to set up a photobucket account and then link it using the "img" forum shortcut above your post.

I can be more detailed if you need it.

Yes please. I set up a photobucket account, but not sure how to transfer the photo/link..
I'm sure I'm totally missing something obvious..

Thanks for the help...
CJKatz (Colin Smith)
Outrider Base XO
Outrider Base XO

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so once you upload your photo to Photobucket, click into the the individual picture. Just above the photo itself will be a row of coloured icons for sharing. (Facebook, Twitter, etc) To the right of those will be four grey icons, (link, envelope, download, share).

Click the grey link icon (hover over says "Get link codes")

In the the pop up that appears, on the right side, there is a "Photo Links" section labelled 'Email & IM", "Direct", "HTML", and "IMG"

Click the "IMG" box and copy the whole long string and paste it into your post here. The text should start with something like [URL=http://s296.photobucket.com/user/...... etc

That's it. Do that for each picture if you have multiple to share and it should appear normally here.
jcalus ()

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]

ok... i see a bunch of letters so i hope this works..

[/img]
jcalus ()

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet, it did work.

Thanks Colin. I'm much better with tools than computers.. lol..
CJKatz (Colin Smith)
Outrider Base XO
Outrider Base XO

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good start. Make sure you also pop into the Chewbacca/Wookiee Forum to create a work in progress thread. The members and judges there can give a lot of great advice on your build for easier approval.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Outrider Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: