Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=65c43dbfea7c52c9bc99ae0b2e940ee9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Dress To Be Turned Into Some Dignitary Costume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rab96 (Becca)
Blue Ridge Base CO
Blue Ridge Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Dress To Be Turned Into Some Dignitary Costume Reply with quote

Hey guys! I have this dress from high school of mine, I only wore it once and instead of just letting it sit in my closet for years I decided I should make it into a cosplay!

I think it could work for either Padmé or Satine but I'm not sure which one, I'm leaning more towards Padmé but you never know what it could turn into!

Dress: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149279294@N02/33353100523/in/dateposted-public/

Dress:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/149279294@N02/33353101343/in/dateposted-public/

Possible Padmé outfit:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/149279294@N02/34164431675/in/dateposted-public/

Look forward to hearing from everyone!

Becca Leia Buns
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I guess that depends on what you are after. Smile Are you after an full costume or something to use for fun at gatherings? I know a lot of people makes SW inspired dresses to use at parties or conventions with fellow geeks.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally support trying to make that costume. I am all for more Clone Wars Padme in the Legion. It looks to me from the references that that dress is a solid blue under-dress, so the lower half of your existing dress is great, but you'd have to replace or remake all of the rouching around the waist and on the chest. What you have now could be a great source of fabric for it, though.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
rab96 (Becca)
Blue Ridge Base CO
Blue Ridge Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking a full costume!

I think I will end up making it that Padmé dress. Just because the skirt is literally so perfect for it. I believe I will need some champagne/gold fabric for the waist part it looks like. Also the top of her dress is flat, I'm thinking its a modest neckline with short sleeves or thicker tank top like straps.

I will definitely need all the help I can get with this one! If you guys know of any good fabric that would be good for the outer cloak/jacket or the top I'd love to hear and look!

Thanks!
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put together galleries of all of the Clone Wars Padme costumes on the RLGS web site, including this one: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=padme-amidala-clone-wars-blue-and-gold-swirl-gown

If it were me, I would look for some sort of swirly gold brocade for the trim on the outer dress and something with nice body and luster but not shine for the lighter blue part of the dress. Think a matte satin or something like that.

It looks like you started a topic in the Padme form but something funny happened to it, so I'm going to move this threat in there to continue your discussion.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: