Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5699be441c496196abaad4ebba7f427dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[Standard Revision] Shaak Ti EP 2 & 3 - Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leroni (Leroni)
Suspended Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: [Standard Revision] Shaak Ti EP 2 & 3 - Discussion Reply with quote

Time to redo this standard:
Quote:
REQUIRED ITEMS:
1. Full floor-length full dark brick red skirt. Fabric must be either finely pleated or be of a crinkle fabric with a pleated look.
2. Long sleeved dark brown top with lower-cut neckline.
3. Golden/Tan thin tabard/neck scarf (describe by Trisha Biggar as silk seersucker hanging tabs) with circle print or made from a highly textured/ scrubby fabric. Should extend down to about knee-length.
4. Brown belt with bronze rectangle buckle.
5. Accurate calf length leather/leather like tabard/skirt panel. If leather, can be hand tooled and painted. If leather-like fabric is used, it would need to be painted with the accurate design and could be shaded to give the appearance of tooling.
6. Accurate and proportional Lekku/headpiece with head and face jewelry.
7. Nails must be painted silver, silver with a black stripe or all black.
8. Dark brown Jedi robe. Front of robe does not reach floor and curtains down.
9. Orange-red and white accurate paint on face, neck, chest, and hands.
10. Lightsaber – no toys – if bladed, the blade color must be blue.
11. Footwear is barely seen as skirt touches the ground, but should be a smooth toed brown boot/shoe.

OPTIONAL ITEMS:

1. Shaak Ti lightsaber hilt
2. Black contact lenses

--------------------------------------------

Pictures can be found here:
http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=shaak-ti-episodes-ii-iii

SHAAK TI EP 2&3
Shaak Ti was a female Togruta Jedi Master, hailing from the planet Shili, serving the Galactic Republic as a member of the Jedi Order in the final decades of the Republic Classic era. Joining the Jedi High Council in the years before the Clone Wars, she took up the ranks of General within the Grand Army of the Republic and was tasked with the oversight of clone trooper training on the ocean world Kamino.

REQUIRED ITEMS:
MONTRAL:
Torgruta montral, with two uprised horns that curl slightly at the tips and are as tall as costumer's face. The two front montrals hang to about mid thigh or around 10 inches from costumer's natural waist. A third montral hangs down just past the waist and is twice as thick as the two front. Montral are off-white base color with gray-blue bands as seen in reference pictures

SKIN:
Orange-red, evenly applied makeup on face and back of hands. Two white ovals encircle the eyes from forehead to cheeks leaving a orange-red outline at the montral, center of the forehead and sides of the face.

TOP:
Long sleeved dark brown top with lower-cut neckline.

SKIRT:
Floor-lenth circle skirt in Brown-red/rust red color, with a train that drags on the back. Fabric must be either finely sunray pleated, or a crinkle fabric to resemble the fine pleats of original.

TABARD:
One wide, leather or leather like, central calf-length tabard with accurate pattern in shades of brown as seen in the reference pictures. Should be hand tooled if leather or appear tooled if a synthetic is used. Paint may be used to add shading.

BELT:
Wide Brown belt (~3” / ~7 cm) with a big bronze rectangle buckle. The buckle is ~ 2/3 width of the tabard and full high of the belt.

SCARF:
Golden-brown thin neck scarf made from highly textured square, waffle like fabric (piqué). The scarf extends down to about knee-length and is about 10 cm wide.

FOOTWEAR:
Darkbrown, closed-toed boots or shoes with a low heal. Footwear is barely seen as skirt touches the ground.

ROBE:
Dark brown Jedi robe with wide sleeves as long as costumer's fingertips that are gathered at the wrist creating an asymmetrical hem where fabric is shortest at the wrists and longer in the back of the sleeves. Hem of robe is shorter in the front ending about shin lenth and has a train in the back. Robe train is shorter than the skirt train. The hood should be full enough that it extends past the shoulders when raised (montral off ) and when down hangs past the sholders.

NAILS:
Nails must be painted white with a black stripe.

HEAD ACCESSOIRES:
The white markings on the face is framed by a set of metallic silver teeth connected to each other with small metal loops. There should be about seven teeth down each side with a center tooth in the middle of the top forehead. Two thin metal chains with pearls are attached to the top of the center tooth and run back over the head between the montrals as a counter weight.
From the loops on each side of the center tooth two small metal chains run down to a small oval silver medallion with a light greenish-yellow stone in the middle. The oval has medium sized white pearls on either side and on the bottom. A short center chain hangs down with a medium sized pearl at the end. From the other two lower pearls the chains continue down along the white markings and follow the face markings around to the each of the lower teeth on either side. There are small pearls at the smallest point of the nose between the eyebrows and higher up roughly halfway between the nose pearls and the medallion.

LIGHTSABER:
Lightsaber (No toy sabers, no Ultimate FX short saber). If bladed, blade is blue.
----------------------------------
OPTIONAL ITEMS:
1. Shaak Ti lightsaber hilt
2. Black contact lenses
3. Togruta teeth

-----------------------------------------------

- in the meantime we know that togruta dont have lekku they have montral.
- even painting need to be written down.
- the tabard is in shades of brown ... saw some strange painting...
- its a special wide belt also the buckle is not in a normal size, thats why i thougt it is important to say
- the scarf is a scarf ... not a tabard... (is it important in the standard to know what Trisha Biggar said?)
- maybe some of you can help me with the correct english at the footwear
- every picture i saw the nails look like white with black stripe. are you sure that its silver? i am not sure.
- separated the chain on the head because we have it also separated at other cs,and its a special item not a part of the montral.
- lightsaber should have a standard sentence.

yours
Leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

Last edited by Leroni (Leroni) on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:50 am; edited 5 times in total
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see this getting updated. Smile

The scarf has what I would call a heavy waffle texture. I don't think a print would give off the heavy textured weave that this fabric has.

I think boots/shoe should cover it as they are normally closed over the toes. Smile

I will have to disagree on the robe. I have a reference photo from AOTC where it does touch the ground albeit on top of the skirt, which drags in the back.

Accessories are missing the teeth and jewellery with pearls on the forehead.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking into possibly doing this costume in the nearish future, has any more discussion been had behind the scenes on this one?
Leroni (Leroni)
Suspended Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smile
no, no other discussions i would know.

yours
Leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Twilek - Saga

Leroni (Leroni)
Suspended Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:

The scarf has what I would call a heavy waffle texture. I don't think a print would give off the heavy textured weave that this fabric has.

I think boots/shoe should cover it as they are normally closed over the toes. Smile

I will have to disagree on the robe. I have a reference photo from AOTC where it does touch the ground albeit on top of the skirt, which drags in the back.

Hello Lora,
could you give me some help with the wording for the accessories please?
and the wording for the robe.

i have changed the scarf.

yours
Leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Twilek - Saga

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroni wrote:
Hello Smile
no, no other discussions i would know.

yours
Leroni

Hello!
Well I guess this is the discussion then, and I will join the fun! My suggestions are in Blue and my comments are in green .

Reference Pictures used

For skirt reference

For face decoration and painting

For robe

REQUIRED ITEMS:
Montral:
Togruta montral off-white with dark blue (with grey tint) bands. Must match reference pictures.

Torgruta montral, with two uprised horns that curl slightly at the tips and are as tall as costumer's face. The two front montrals hang to about mid thigh or around 10 inches from costumer's natural waist. A third montral hangs down just past the waist and is twice as thick as the two front. Montral are off-white base color with gray-blue bands as seen in reference pictures

I feel it's important to mention that Torgruta montrals have three tentacles (not sure if that's what they are called) most pictures only show Shaak Ti from the front so it's kinda easy to miss. Also in reference to the back montral, the deleted scene of her death on the invisible hand shows her sitting down crosslegged her back montral looks like it barely reaches the ground

Skin:
Orange-red (even painting) with accurate markings in the face. Must match reference pictures.

Orange-red, evenly applied makeup on face and back of hands. Two white ovals encircle the eyes from forehead to cheeks leaving a orange-red outline at the montral, center of the forehead and sides of the face.
Top:

Skirt:
Full floor-length wide dark brick red skirt. Fabric must be either finely pleated or be of a crinkle fabric with a pleated look.

Floor-lenth circle skirt in dark brick red, with a train that drags on the back. Fabric must be either finely sunray pleated, or a crinkle fabric to resemble the fine pleats of original.

Added the train and the circle skirt part.
Tabard:
One wide, leather, or leather like, calf length tabard, with accurate coloured (shades of brown) pattern. Must match reference pictures. If leather, it can be hand tooled and painted. If leather-like fabric is used, it would need to be painted with the accurate design and be shaded to give the appearance of tooling.

One wide, leather or leather like, central calf-length tabard with accurate pattern in shades of brown as seen in the reference pictures. Should be hand tooled if leather or appear tooled if a synthetic is used. Paint may be used to add shading.

re-worded a bit
Belt:
Wide Brown belt (~3” / ~7 cm) with a big bronze rectangle buckle. The buckle is ~ 2/3 width of the tabard and full high of the belt.

Scarf:
Golden-brown thin neck scarf, made from a highly textured fabric. The scarf extend down to about knee-length.
Golden-brown thin neck scarf made from highly textured square, waffle like fabric. The scarf extends down to about knee-length and is about 10 cm wide.

Added the width and the texture wording in the US it's called a Waffle texture.
Footwear:
Darkbrown boots or shoe. They have to be low heeled and (closed? – missing the correct English word when you cant see the toe) Footwear is barely seen as skirt touches the ground.
Darkbrown, closed-toed boots or shoes with a low heal.

Robe:
Dark brown Jedi robe. The front of the robe is shorter (middle of the shin) than the sides and the back. the robe does not reach the floor.
Dark brown Jedi robe with wide sleeves as long as costumer's fingertips that are gathered at the wrist creating a waterfall hem where slaves are longer in back and shorter on top. Hem of robe is shorter in the front ending about shin lenth and has a train in the back. Robe train is shorter than the skirt train. The hood should be full enough that it extends past the shoulders when raised (montral off ) and when down hangs past the sholders.
Added more details
Nails:

Accessoires:
Chain that surrounds the eyes and goes up to the montral. Must match the reference pictures.
a thin chain outlines the border of the white painted section of face surrounding the eyes. Chain has small white pearls. Fifteen triangular teeth border along the forehead at the montral. A bronze or antique gold pendant hangs centered at the top of white face paint. Four medium pearls dangle on the bottom of pendant and a chain with pearls dangle from the center of the pendant. Chain extents between the two uprised montrals ending in the back of the head.

Added more detail
Lightsaber
Lightsaber (No toy sabers, no Ultimate FX short saber). If bladed, blade is blue.
Silver toned lightsaber with gold detail on blade emitter. Lightsaber has black line details.

Added more details. I personally like that the exact Shaak Ti lightsaber hilt be optional as I have searched for one and have come up empty. I could likely create a nonfunctional one that's close. If anyone knows if a FX version has been created I would be interested.

OPTIONAL ITEMS:
- Shaak Ti lightsaber hilt
- Black contact lenses
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroni wrote:
Lora Skywalker wrote:

Hello Lora,
could you give me some help with the wording for the accessories please?
and the wording for the robe.

i have changed the scarf.

yours
Leroni

I shall give it a try. Smile

Head accessories:
The white markings on the face is framed by a set of metallic silver teeth connected to each other with small metal loops. There should be about seven teeth down each side with a center tooth in the middle of the top forehead. Two thin metal chains with pearls are attached to the top of the center tooth and run back over the head between the montrals as a counter weight.
From the loops on each side of the center tooth two small metal chains run down to a small oval silver medallion with a light greenish-yellow stone in the middle. The oval has medium sized white pearls on either side and on the bottom. A short center chain hangs down with a medium sized pearl at the end. From the other two lower pearls the chains continue down along the white markings and follow the face markings around to the each of the lower teeth on either side. There are small pearls at the smallest point of the nose between the eyebrows and higher up roughly halfway between the nose pearls and the medallion.

Does calling it a medallion work? Or should another word be chosen?

Leroni (Leroni)
Suspended Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies,
how do you think about this:

(red colour need to be found other wording)

Montral:
Togruta montral off-white base colour with dark blue (with grey tint) bands. Must match reference pictures.

Skin:
Orange-red (even painting) makeup on face and back of hands. Two white ovals encircle the eyes from forehead to cheeks leaving a orange-red outline at the montral, center of the forehead and sides of the face. Must match reference pictures.

Top:

Skirt:
Floor-lenth circle skirt in dark brick red, with a train that drags on the back. Fabric must be either finely pleated or be of a crinkle fabric with a pleated look.

Tabard:
One wide, leather or leather like, central calf-length tabard with accurate pattern in shades of brown as seen in the reference pictures. If leather, it can be hand tooled and painted. If leather-like fabric is used, it would need to be painted with the accurate design and be shaded to give the appearance of tooling.

Belt:

Scarf:
Golden-brown thin neck scarf, made from a highly textured fabric. The scarf extend down to about knee-length.
Golden-brown thin neck scarf made from highly textured square, waffle like fabric. The scarf extends down to about knee-length and is about 3,9” (10 cm) wide.

Footwear:
Darkbrown boots or shoe. They have to be low heeled and closed-toed. Footwear is barely seen as skirt touches the ground.

Robe:
Dark brown Jedi robe with wide sleeves as long as costumer's fingertips that are gathered at the wrist creating an asymmetrical hem where fabric is shortest at the wrists and longer in the back of the sleeves. Hem of robe is shorter in the front ending about shin lenth and has a train in the back. Robe train is shorter than the skirt train. The hood should be full enough that it extends past the shoulders when raised (montral off ) and when down hangs past the sholders.

Nails:

Head accessories:

Lightsaber

OPTIONAL ITEMS:
- Shaak Ti lightsaber hilt
- Black contact lenses
- TEETH ?

yours
Leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Twilek - Saga

Last edited by Leroni (Leroni) on Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroni wrote:
Ladies,

Robe:
Dark brown Jedi robe with wide sleeves as long as costumer's fingertips that are gathered at the wrist creating a waterfall hem where slaves are longer in back and shorter on top. Hem of robe is shorter in the front ending about shin lenth and has a train in the back. Robe train is shorter than the skirt train. The hood should be full enough that it extends past the shoulders when raised (montral off ) and when down hangs past the sholders.

dark brown Jedi robe with wide sleeves as long as costumer's fingertips that are gathered at the wrist creating an asymmetrical hem where fabric is shortest at the wrists and longer in the back of the sleeves......

I think asymmetrical may translate better. Or maybe take that section out leave it as gathered at the wrists, then move to the next sentence.
Leroni (Leroni)
Suspended Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers wrote:
Leroni wrote:
Ladies,

Robe:

dark brown Jedi robe with wide sleeves as long as costumer's fingertips that are gathered at the wrist creating an asymmetrical hem where fabric is shortest at the wrists and longer in the back of the sleeves......

I think asymmetrical may translate better. Or maybe take that section out leave it as gathered at the wrists, then move to the next sentence.

Changed.
Thank you Smile
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Twilek - Saga

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops. Just noticed a small grammatical error.

Head accessories:
The white markings on the face are framed by a set of metallic silver teeth connected to each other with small metal loops.

The above sentence has had the grammatical error fixed. Smile (I didn't read through it all, just skimmed it).

darth_ana ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I offer a suggestion to this? I think the color wording of the skirt needs changed.

I would suggest it read a "brownish-red color" or "Reddish-brown color", rather than brick red, as that shade seems to vary and tends toward the purple side of the spectrum.The skirt really is more brown than red, and it posed the biggest hurdle in getting approved for me, personally, so highlighting the importance of the brownish tones might be useful.

Thanks! Smile

Costumes: Shaak Ti, ANH Leia, Darth Talon, Juno Eclipse (501st, SL22031)
In progress: Battle Buddy child's armor conversion, Rebels Ahsoka, Cassus Fett for the hubs
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it could be "brownish-red/brick red"? Or "Brown-red/rust red"?

darth_ana ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would work well!

Costumes: Shaak Ti, ANH Leia, Darth Talon, Juno Eclipse (501st, SL22031)
In progress: Battle Buddy child's armor conversion, Rebels Ahsoka, Cassus Fett for the hubs
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay! I have a new thing. Very Happy

I was just reading about fabric names and types the other day, just because, and I came across the type called 'piqué'. It's a very 3D, waffle-weave type of fabric due to the special technique used in construction.
I would like to suggest adding in piqué. Smile
Piqué perfectly describes what the scarf should look like. Of course, it should be noted that it's a large pattern, and perhaps make sure 'waffle' is in description.

A quick search to show it off: https://www.google.dk/search?q=piqu%C3%A9+fabric&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjU3Nzpq-TWAhUCY1AKHRYXDvUQ_AUICigB&biw=1600&bih=742#imgrc=QLjb96V14yrcEM:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: