Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=315a9555dbc0d84051931b02483e84fcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

LB customs saber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gruntsky (Jake Rainsford)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: LB customs saber Reply with quote

I've just recently purchased a secondhand LB customs saber from a seller in the states. The only problem is when it arrived, the only sound I can get from it is when I remove the recharge plug from the housing. Using either of the buttons beneath the leather wrap doesn't operate the sound or the LED. Are there any tips or is it likely the seller has sold me something that requires work?

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This appears to be the saber you bought: https://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=41919.0

If it still has the Petit Crouton 2.0 soundboard, the sound you hear when you pull the kill plug out of the recharge port is the boot sound, indicating the board is ready and powered up. Only one button is to activate it, the other is the auxiliary FX button.

Make sure it is fully charged, and see if that helps. Otherwise, it may need to be serviced.

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions Jason. I recharged the saber but it didn't change anything. However after I took the recharge plug out I found out that the saber will fire up no issues. Seems like I just need to remove the recharge plug whenever I want to turn it on. Once on, if I replace the recharge plug, it powers down the saber. Looks like I'll just have to remember to remove the plug whenever I want to turn it on. Thanks.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that plug is the "kill plug", it kills power to the board when storing the saber. Otherwise, over time the passive draw of the Petit Crouton 2.0 will drain your battery and trigger it's protection PCB. For the saber to operate properly, it is supposed to be removed.

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok, thanks for your help!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime!

Jason Detachment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: