Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=27b9273757fdaf23f11d31577e2a20c5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ep2 arena padme advice..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noc ()
Coruscant Base CO
Coruscant Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Ep2 arena padme advice.. Reply with quote

One of my friends has wanted to join the rebel legion as non-ripped white ep2 padme. She doesn't know how to sew or able to make it. She is looking to have one made.

Can anyone recommend this seller on etsy? She says she offers a rebel legion approved padme .

https://www.etsy.com/listing/503456838/padme-amidala-cosplay-arena-costume-made?ref=market

Price isnt a factor with my friend but she wants something she can join in the fun with. Any help would be appreciated !

Nocie
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if someone is a Rebel Legion approved costumer, that can't guarantee that their costume would be approved under current standards, or that it would fit you, so I would be wary of that assertion anywhere on Etsy.

I would ask her for full-length photos of the front and back of previous versions of this costume that she has made so you can see for yourself what her craftsmanship looks like.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always a bit iffy when someone uses movie pictures instead of pictures of their own creations in their listings. Confused You can literally see nothing of what their work is like.

Usually the best bet would be to find a good local seamstress so it can be fitted to your friend as it is done. It won't be cheap, but getting it fitted is important.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

noc ()
Coruscant Base CO
Coruscant Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah great ideas . I asked for pictures that she will send me in a few weeks so ILl post them here to see what people think. Id hate for my friend to spend 300-400 dollars on something she couldnt use with us for our charity events. Thanks everyone. Also if someone knows someone who does an approvable padme please PM me.

Thanks everyone.

James
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Ep2 arena padme advice.. Reply with quote

noc wrote:
One of my friends has wanted to join the rebel legion as non-ripped white ep2 padme. She doesn't know how to sew or able to make it. She is looking to have one made.

Can anyone recommend this seller on etsy? She says she offers a rebel legion approved padme .

https://www.etsy.com/listing/503456838/padme-amidala-cosplay-arena-costume-made?ref=market

Price isnt a factor with my friend but she wants something she can join in the fun with. Any help would be appreciated !

Nocie

I have used this seamstress. I am actually currently working with her on the ripped version now as I want both versions. She is basing her patterns off of my approved pants and top for the full version (non ripped). Actually met with her this morning to give her the fabric I purchased for the costume. I am guessing that once mine is done and submitted for approval (and hopefully approved!), she will post photos of the actual costume she has made.

While I agree with what Jenna and Lora stated, I will say that she is very thorough and when I needed changes made to my Mustafar Padme for approval, she worked with me to get it done. She has excellent communication and I have found her to be a great source to get sewing done on things I cannot do myself. Good luck to your friend! It's a great costume.

white battle padme
In progress/submitted: Padme Amidala Deleted Scene/X Wing Pilot/Clone Wars Padme (maroon vest)
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: