Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3f08639c4f7aab472bbef5a8893763f7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Blade clips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Jedi Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedifry (Glenn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Blade clips Reply with quote

I made something that I have been planning on making for a good while now. For a while I wanted to have something to hold my blade so I could have my hilt on its own on my covertech clip. So I made some blade clips that go on my belt. All together it should cost about 10-15 dollars for the materials.

You will need tin cutters and a hot glue gun
You will need this

Cut the threads off to the desired length

I cut a peice of aluminium sheet at 2.5x5.5 in for a place for them to sit on and bent it to form a clip onto my belt

Drill holes in the middle of the clip and the metal sheet. I attached it with leather sewing string and hot glue but feel free to try your own securing method.

And that's my super simple blade clips thanks for the read.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clever!

One thought, I wonder if you line the inside with felt (may need a slightly larger size?), it might protect the blades from getting scratched up, since if you regularly clip them in the same area, eventually you're going to have some noticeable scratches.
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
Clever!

One thought, I wonder if you line the inside with felt (may need a slightly larger size?), it might protect the blades from getting scratched up, since if you regularly clip them in the same area, eventually you're going to have some noticeable scratches.

Hmm this is a good point I have been trying to keep it clipped where the blade goes into the hilt but I'll work on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Jedi Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: