Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=15158a629e63e47e4810aab52229a7d1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Y-Wing pilot helmets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, from his price list, he doesn't have any prequel stuff.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Ed.

Jedi Loreen Shadowchaser wrote:
We are? Shocked

Let's just get the X-Wing Pilot project done before we start thinking about Naboo Pilots! Surprised

I guess it can't hurt to find out about helmet availabilty for future reference, though.
wink2

Okay, I was thinking of doing a group Naboo pilot in the future. wink2

Yes, the X-Wing is next year's project. I even recruited a couple of 501st guys from the Southern California Garrison wink2
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did we get a price update yet? *excited* Wink
Reaper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not yet, still exchanging emails on more the a few projects with Richie, all further updates will be by email though, Smile
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Smile

Though if I get a grey suit... thats gonna lead to an AT-AT pilot too... they have cool helmets lol
Reaper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper wrote:
ok, still talking to Richie about the Y-Wing kits, no price yet, but I do have a ball park figure.

Email me at etoc630@hotmail.com for details, I'll give it a few days and then send out a group email about things.

ok, info is in and passed along to everyopne who already emailed me. All others, whatcha waiting for?
Jack Killian (Andrew Marsh)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

money thats what im waiting for...No point in myself getting all excitied if I don't have the dough right now. Might have to sell a prop or to Ed but im interested.

Andrew
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karma ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received my RA Y-wing helmet. I'll be painting it this weekend.

Question- Is there supposed to be something in the round indent on the left side of the helmet? Some photos look like it' just painted while others look like there's something in there. I got something for the oblong indentation along the jaw...but not the round one.

Thanks,
Reaper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the Richie's Kit is supposed to come with an insert, but some of the screen used helmets did have something in there. I also don't think it was consistent in the movie helemts.

I am looking forward to seeing the completed paint scheme for your helmet! The way you described it to me sounds unique.
Lots of pics my lady!!!
Karma ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper wrote:

I am looking forward to seeing the completed paint scheme for your helmet! The way you described it to me sounds unique.
Lots of pics my lady!!!

I painted the main scheme today, I need to make a few touch-ups and let it dry real good before adding the striping detail. I don't think it will be as stripe-y as I described....after seeing the curves in the helmet, I think less will be more.

From the Y-wing pix I see on here and over on wookiepiedia and richie's site, I don't see much in the way of decals on the y-wing helmets...I'm going to put a rebel symbol on the back of the helmet but I don't think I'll put any victory signs or anything else.

For those of you wondering what my scheme will look like....only a hint for now...let's go Mets!

JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Who, me?" Y wingchickpilot wink2

I found some helpful reference pictures at: The Star Wars helmet archive Partway down you start to see Y-wing helmets.
Tigerantilles (Gregor Sink)
Active Legion Member

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are we going to put a group order in for gray and other stuff?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me, outside of the helmet, I already have the grey Jumpsuit. I use it for my informal "Hawkbat" pilot. It's aMilitary Style Flightsuit with the collar mod'd. None of the other pockets have been mod'd. I won't be using this costume for any "Official" Movie Canon Events, cause the suit does have patches attached to it. (With Velcro, but the velcro is black, so it's noticable when you remove the patches lol) I have a Hawkbat Patch on one shoulder and either a legion, Base or Starfighter Command on the othere.

I should have a completed Vest coing my way. I'm going to look into replacing the lower box with a bog, similar to the A-Wing. But those are just tweeks. I also might have to adjust it for size.

Teh webbing is White, not grey and the pattern is different. I'll see if I can get pics of it for people interested in the costume. It's the same for the A, B and Y wing, so that would be overly helpful in all these costumes.

The only thing I'm going to be missing after all this are the spats. I'm going to try to get my sister to make them for me.

With this costume, there isn't much for group orders, other then the helmets. I have a Email out to Richie about how he wants to handle the orders, but details on that coming soon to the Email group.

Maybe we can get some of the parts done as a group project. but it'll need alot of people who can sew to make it happen. I'd be able to do the ejection straps, cause even hand sewing it won't take long. The main parts, for most people will be the vest and chest box pieces. Then the Spats.

Gloves are the same as X-Wing pilots, so most of us have that covered already.
Howlrunner ()

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is doing the Y-Wing helmet, check out my collection of photos - these are the best resources I've found anywhere!

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/msbillen/Rebel%20Pilots/Y-Wing%20Pilots/

As you can see, some of the helmets have greeblies in the circular and oblong indentations on the right hand side, and some don't - depends how accurate you're going for or if you're doing a custom job. Very Happy
Karma ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for posting those links.

I'm going to leave the circle empty for now....if something comes along that would look good there, I'll use it. Smile

I slightly pooched my paint job today. I bumped into the helmet which was drying on the table and in my haste to fix the mark, made it worse because the paint was in its "tacky" stage. I waited until it dried better and sanded it down a little, re-primed, and re-painted. You can see that something's wrong there, but I think it's a prime place for a decal!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: