Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=66874e71fae8e93250593191951efea9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Work in Progress: Generic Jedi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dagobah Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
808jedi ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Work in Progress: Generic Jedi Reply with quote

Hey all,
I'm having my costume made for me by KhloesCustomClothing on Etsy. The tunic, tabbards, obi and dickey style under tunic will be lined and made of crinkle cotton fabric. They'll also provide the pants and robe. I'm anxious to see the results and welcome your feedback.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/85507823/jedi-tunic-jedi-robes-star-wars-obi-wan

For the belt and boots, I'm curious if these will work from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Pouches-Capsules-Costume-Accessories/dp/B011KOLEVI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1486681923&sr=8-5&keywords=jedi+pouches

https://www.amazon.com/Funtasma-Pleaser-Halloween-Walker-130-Brown/dp/B001AH59YE/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1486682580&sr=1-2&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=jedi%2Bboots&th=1&psc=1

If they can be modified to meet Rebel Legion Standards, please let me know. Thanks!
blitz1027 (Zadok)
Dagobah Base XO
Dagobah Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they come out well. The materials they typically use are cheap and thin. The belt is approvable (barely) but it's made of pleather instead of leather and will cheapen the overall look of your costume. The boots you linked to are actually the same boots I used on mine and while they are also cheap pleather they work and are approvable.

There are several members on here that can help you make a belt fairly inexpensively and out of actual leather.

Clone Pilot, Swoop. Formal
Generic Jedi, Dyza. Formal
Krysis (Evan)
Dagobah Base CO
Dagobah Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the etsy order, they are typically Hit or miss. Personally I am not familiar with that maker so I won't speculate on the quality.

With the Generic Jedi in particular, it is important that the costume fits you appropriately. One of the major points is the length of the outer tunic, it must be long enough (generally mid thigh length or longer)

As far as the belt goes, as Blitz said we have many people in the base, including myself, that are handy enough with leather to help you with or make your belt. It could cost a bit more then that amazon listing but it will be of much better quality.

Please post pictures of the robes when you get them so we can help you on your next step.
"I wear my robe so that I am warm; I carry my lightsaber so that I am safe; and I keep enough credits for my next meal, so that I am not hungry. If the Force wants me to have more, it finds a way of letting me know."

Dagobah Base CO
Vanguard Temple Master
Nightingale Leader (Louisiana 501st Spec Ops)
Krysis (Evan)
Dagobah Base CO
Dagobah Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to comment on the boots...
there are many Jedi that use those boots, just as a heads up they are what I call "disposable boots" they will not last very long especially if you troop often or do a lot of walking in them.

they are an acceptable pair of boots over all, they just may not last long.
"I wear my robe so that I am warm; I carry my lightsaber so that I am safe; and I keep enough credits for my next meal, so that I am not hungry. If the Force wants me to have more, it finds a way of letting me know."

Dagobah Base CO
Vanguard Temple Master
Nightingale Leader (Louisiana 501st Spec Ops)
Jara Cab (Chip Lechner)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck and just echoing the above comments on the boots ( I have the same ones) I have lost a sole twice during troops and a heel cap on another troop easy enough fixes but bothersome to say the least Gorilla Glue is your friend with these. Also shop around and use a web crawler like camelcamelcamel to find a better deal on them you can often get them in the $40 range if you shop around.

Best of luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dagobah Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: