Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=83d8ab9cca7bc9e70277904962408533Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Flight suit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyperBluPanda (Madē Tjandi)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Flight suit Reply with quote

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had found any good and relatively cheap flight suits that could be modified to fit the Blue Squadron flight uniform from Rogue One. P.S Preferably an Aussie website or store, having a bit of trouble :/
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the consensus is to build this from the ground up. They did for the screen, presumably patterning off of the Air Force flight suits. To find the right teal color in something else, then rip it completely apart to add all the new pockets, arm pleats, etc, it's just easier starting from scratch.

One of our guys found a really nice teal nylon, and I'm checking it out tomorrow actually. I won't be able to start tinkering with a Blue Squadron suit until after Celebration though... I'm making a few TFA pilot suits and such before then.
Massiff Squadron CO

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
TheSnapWexley ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philonius wrote:
I think the consensus is to build this from the ground up. They did for the screen, presumably patterning off of the Air Force flight suits. To find the right teal color in something else, then rip it completely apart to add all the new pockets, arm pleats, etc, it's just easier starting from scratch.

One of our guys found a really nice teal nylon, and I'm checking it out tomorrow actually. I won't be able to start tinkering with a Blue Squadron suit until after Celebration though... I'm making a few TFA pilot suits and such before then.

Well if you start making them in the Blue Squad style let me know. I will be on the list to order one Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: