Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=be6c4d9e7fef3b513f0549feeca5dc27Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

2017 CO Statement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwinchell ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: 2017 CO Statement Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I am excited to be serving as your Base Commanding Officer for the next few months. I have been part of Alpha Base since the fall of 2012, and I've served as Base Membership Officer for the past few years.

We'll be having a larger staff than usual in hopes of lightening the load for everyone while still doing a lot of cool things. The rest of my officer corps consists of:

XO & Events Coordinator: Caela Mandigo
Webmaster: Crystal von Oy
Merchandise: Sarah Florian & Katie Gelgisser
PR: Dino Ignacio

Caela and I will both be leaving the state this fall. We’d like to leave the base active and thriving, and we have some ideas on how to make that happen. Here are our goals for the next few months:

Emerald City Comic Con
-We'd like to have a merchandise run completed and ready to be passed out by ECCC this year. Caela and I would like to do t-shirts, but if there is a strong preference for something else we're willing to oblige. We don't have a lot of time however, so whatever we do needs to happen quickly. Suggestions are appreciated.

-Richard donated the remainder of the Alpha Base patches he purchased to the base. If you're a new member who doesn't have a patch, find Caela or I at ECCC or another event to get one.

-Alpha Base Group Photo(s): We'd like to have a group photo for Alpha Base members at ECCC this year. We need to decide on a day & time, and find someone who isn't an AB member to take the pictures. As for location, we can meet right outside our room by the Legion banners. We can also set up group photo times for the Temple and Squadron if there is interest.

-Legion Dinner (Friday) & Gus's Party (Saturday) : These are both great events! Sign up for them (and shifts for discounted passes) on the GT forums: http://www.garrisontitan.com/theboard/viewforum.php?f=165

Social Events
-Caela is heading up the organization of a “Ladies of the Legion” spa day. This will be primarily organized by Alpha Base, but also open to Garrison Titan, Jet City Saber Guild, and the local newly reformed Mandalorian group. I’ll let Caela give you more details on that.

-Summer Picnic: This is tentatively set for the beginning of June. Similar to last years event, but less focus on costume pictures and more of just a social event for Alpha Base members. We can advertise this more heavily on our social media in order to bring in more potential members.

-We’re open to other ideas! If someone wants to have a build party, laser tag night, etc. speak up!

AB Social Media
In case you've missed it, Alpha Base has several social media pages. If you want your event pictures on them please email them to me at rebelkatherine@gmail.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlphaBaseWA/
Alpha Squadron Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Alpha.SquadronWA/
Tumblr: http://alphabasewa.tumblr.com/

There are also "secret" members-only Facebook groups for both Alpha Base and the Temple of the Rains. If you are not part of these groups PM me the email address associated with your FB account and I'll add you.

Other Merchandise (If there is interest)
-Temple of the Rains patches
-Alpha Squadron patches
-Base Trading Cards
-Temple Trading Cards
-Squadron Trading Cards
-Other ideas?

I'd like to end with a quote from the Legion charter:

The Rebel Legion values each member regardless of sex, race, religion, creed, nationality, sexual orientation, age, or physical handicap. We value the enduring passion and attention to movie grade detail fans put forth into their costumes. And we value the charitable goals set down by Lucasfilm Ltd. by giving all we can to the community.

It is very important to me that Alpha Base and the Legions as a whole remain a safe and friendly environment to everyone, regardless of race/gender identity/sexual orientation/etc. If you are experiencing intolerance or harassment please let me know and I will do all in my power to rectify it.

I look forward to working with all of you in the next few months.

-Katherine Winchell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: