Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cb2cb9c1005f04e58f351fbb83896669Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Senatorial Leia WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corriban (Corrie)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Senatorial Leia WIP Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I've been roaming the forums the past few days for tips and tricks on costume and have come across some amazing info. Seems to be a good idea to check in on things I've found for feedback to make sure I'm on the right track.

I've ordered a custom Leia gown from one of the ladies here on the forum. I bought the rubies blaster on Amazon and got some extensions for the buns. Below are some pictures of my buns. Critiques are welcome!

I think I have an idea for making the belt on my own, but I did see this belt on etsy and she says it's RL approved. https://www.etsy.com/listing/471672661/princess-leia-belt-ceremonial-princess

Only part I'm having trouble with are the boots! (of course) but I think I found some really good ones on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H4HK4PC/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I think they are pretty close and they have good reviews as well. Looks like I'll just need to wear insoles with them. What are your thoughts? Leia Buns[/img]
LaV317 (LaVonne)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the same boots. I do like them, but yes, you will need an insole. Just an FYI: I wear a 7.5, so bought a size 8, as they only come in whole sizes. They were a tad big, so I tried them on with an insole and thick-ish socks. Worked beautifully.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the info! I think I'll go ahead and grab them then. I usually wear an 8.5 so 9 ought to work for me.
Lora Skywalker ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buns look good, but you'll have to find a way to keep the ends from escaping. Smile There also seems to be some color difference between your own hair and the extensions.

Regarding the belt, the top dip do look rather sharp, but the plates look good. And never trust any seller, who says their stuff is up to standards, but check against the standards and references yourself. Many make this claim, but few are right.

The boots does look nice. Smile

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

She/Her They/Them

corriban (Corrie)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Buns look good, but you'll have to find a way to keep the ends from escaping. Smile There also seems to be some color difference between your own hair and the extensions.

Regarding the belt, the top dip do look rather sharp, but the plates look good. And never trust any seller, who says their stuff is up to standards, but check against the standards and references yourself. Many make this claim, but few are right.

The boots does look nice. Smile

I picked those extensions because my hair is currently ombre and the middle of the bun is my actual hair, so I grabbed extensions that were also ombre similarly to my hair. Does that make sense? Razz I think I will need more practice with shaping them and probably more bobby pins too to keep the fly-aways in place.

The etsy belt looks very similar to the belt shape at the top on the guide which is why I'm considering it.

rusope (Ruth Sonja)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Practice practice practice with the buns! It gets better. They are pretty messy now, and they are also too small... Maybe try to make them slightly looser when twisting.
Lora Skywalker ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dip is sharp and sharper than in the movie, but that does not mean it would be a problem. I do think it's good to be aware of this, however, so you know what to look out for. I personally would like something less sharp, but it might look better on you in person rather than in the picture. Smile

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

She/Her They/Them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: