About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=48b9f3522a96b38a0dadf4278527d9b7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ROTJ Slave Leia costume done!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady K (Karen)
Dagobah Base XO
Dagobah Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience sculpty clay has no give at all after it's been baked. I have made a couple of accessory pieces with scuply and I've had a couple pieces break. I personally think that sculpy is a little fragile for the skirt part of the Slave Leia costume. However, it's probably good for the chain, hair pieces and armbands and the bra top if you based it with wire.
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, that makes sense...I wonder if building a big piece using a re-bar style reinforcement might work...I'll have to try it or maybe something like they do for gunnite concrete, (chicken wire mesh under concrete)....ooo experiments Very Happy thanks for the tip though

501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Lady K (Karen)
Dagobah Base XO
Dagobah Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could use paper mache' like I did. Mine is very hard and durable, (I've worn it 4 times now and it's still exaclty like I made it. I notice no wear on it yet) and it's light weight. I think if it was much heavier I would have trouble keeping it on.
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paper mache' and I don't get along....I'm not very good with it....which is why I'd like to work with something like sculpy...I'll figure something out, once I figure out how I"m going to do it I'll post what I did

501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made my bra using a wire "skeleton" and formed the sculpy over the top of the wire. I've worn it a few times (never for very long though) and it seems to be holding it's own. I also made my snake armlet and collar the same way.

Junkyard girl ()

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some really nice fabric for my slave leia costume but I wonder in what kind of shape I have to cut the fabric to make it fall nicely.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to cut it?
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're talking about the skirt fabric? You'll need to cut it in a rectangle, hem the sides and bottom, then gather the top to fit the plate. What I do is sew the tops of the skirt into a band, to keep everything neat. Then, I attach it with snaps so I can remove it to wash it. I found a formula for your shoulder width determining your skirt front & back width (the back is fuller/wider)...I think it was on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SlaveBikiniBuilders/?yguid=98511646

*Edit* I just checked and it is in the Files section under Documents. It is called "Slave bikini apron tutorilal.doc". I think you'll need to be a member to view it though.

saxon1014 ()

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Needing help! Reply with quote

My daughter wants a Slave Leia costume, and the yahoo people have yet to okay my membership so I can see the tutorials. If anyone is a member and can repost the info here, I'd very much appreciate it. Or if someone has a good tutorial they could send me at:
saxon1014@hotmail.com

I'd be one happy cosplay makin' mom!

thanks!
dionaly (Liz Turner)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Needing help! Reply with quote

saxon1014 wrote:
My daughter wants a Slave Leia costume, and the yahoo people have yet to okay my membership so I can see the tutorials.

I'd be one happy cosplay makin' mom!

thanks!

You are one amazing mom to make your daughter a Slave Leia. Heh. One of my 501st garrison members had his teenage daughter ask for a Darth Talon costume and he was not particularly happy about that. Maybe with a body suit, to counteract the, you know, pretty much near nakedness of it all.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really a tutorial, but here's a bit on how I did mine: http://costumesandartwork.blogspot.com/2009/05/return-of-jedi-slave-leia-bikini.html I didn't make it to wear for very long, so I can't give much advice on that end.

Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Needing help! Reply with quote

saxon1014 wrote:
My daughter wants a Slave Leia costume, [...]
... for real? Surprised

I'm sorry but this just reads hilarious! "Mommy, can I get a costume?" - "Sure, sweety. Which one? Snow White, Ariel?" - "Princess Leia's Slave Metal Bikini!" . *g* ... Okay, I assume your daughter is already an adult but this thoughts were just popping in my mind when I was reading this. Sorry. ^^

However, the Standards for Slave Leia are listed here

http://www.rebellegion.com/about_standards.php?id=8853

and are added with some links with (I assume) helpful tutorials:

Leia's Metal Bikini
Original Trilogy Hairstyles
Angels of Iego
Padawan's Guide Slave Leia Page

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: