Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=66b4335f6d9502e52c94431a5361dcecMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme Mustafar Build
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lalalorhen (Loren)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Padme Mustafar Build Reply with quote

Hello hello Smile

I'm finally getting around with my Mustafar Padme'. I'd love to hear what do you guys think about it, since now would be the perfect time to fix stuff, before I finish sewing it.

NOTE: I don't have the pants yet and those are most definitely NOT the boots I'll be wearing with it - I shall add on to the thread as soon as I get them. Same goes for the gloves (my seamstress is currently working on the Naboo Symbol embroidery).
The seams don't lay flat because there's lots of fabric that hasn't been cut yet - it's only pinned in the back. The skirt looks a lot more poofy than it actually will be once I've cut the excess length, which is pinned underneath itself.

This is what it looks like so far:

MTFBWY!

~ RLGS Member
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you're off to a good start. One thing we always check for is if you have the ^ seam under your bust. I think I see it in there, but I'm not sure. Make sure you get all of the top-stitching too.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
lalalorhen (Loren)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw thanks Jenna!
Yes, I do have the inverted V seam - can hardly see it because it's covered by the harness, but it's under there. And yes, I'll make sure to add all the top stitching.

~ RLGS Member
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Padme Mustafar Build Reply with quote

lalalorhen wrote:
Hello hello Smile

This is what it looks like so far:

MTFBWY!

It looks fabulous! Quick question and I hope this doesn't come off rude. Are you using padding of some sort to simulate the pregnancy? I am having difficulty in finding something that works for me as I am not pregnant. If you are though, my apologies!

PR/Social Media Team for RL Strategic Command
Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Vice Admiral Holdo, Clone Wars Padme Amidala, Clone Cadet
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
lalalorhen (Loren)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! First of all, thank you so much -
and no, I'm not pregnant so no worries lol it's a total legit question.

I AM using padding and I found it working for me stuffing the high waist-band of some regular spanx. It's pretty neat, as it keeps the whole thing tight together and in shape. I'm quite petite and a size 4, so I tried to keep it as close to the original Portman's shape, even though it's freakish and super-unrealistic. She carries really low and she's not even close to be pregnant THAT far along... with twins! But I understand it's simply because they didn't want to ruin her figure and stuff - her costumes were supposed to be nice and she was still supposed to be pretty and all...

~ RLGS Member
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lalalorhen wrote:
Hey! First of all, thank you so much -
and no, I'm not pregnant so no worries lol it's a total legit question.

I AM using padding and I found it working for me stuffing the high waist-band of some regular spanx. It's pretty neat, as it keeps the whole thing tight together and in shape. I'm quite petite and a size 4, so I tried to keep it as close to the original Portman's shape, even though it's freakish and super-unrealistic..

Oh nice idea! I wouldn't have thought of that! Is it uncomfortable wearing the spanx with the padding and then the pants for the costume over that? That would be my only concern.

Have you found decent boots? I got a pair that fits standards great but just need to be dyed.

Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Vice Admiral Holdo, Clone Wars Padme Amidala, Clone Cadet
lalalorhen (Loren)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, I wouldn't say uncomfortable... sure, if you move around too much you'll have to fix the belly every once in a while because it'll slide down... but aside from that... no, it's quite comfy. Unless you have issues feeling constricted on your stomach - because it'll squeeze a little bit. The costume is great though, it's so great and practical to wear!
Shoes - yes I have found some and I'm waiting for them to get here (ordered online). They're late, but I imagine this is the busiest time of year. Hopefully they'll turn out to be good. I'll post pics as soon as I get them.

~ RLGS Member
PatchworkPirate (Courtney Hudgens)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually sacrificed a throw pillow and reshaped it into a belly shape for mine. I wear it under a spanx tank top and it doesn't move (thankfully).

The top itself is great so far!
lalalorhen (Loren)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody!! Bit of an update -

Cut all the excess fabric and sewed everything together, adding all the top-stitching.
Finally got the pants, which I'm going to work on next, altering them to add the four seams and a new, higher waistband to fit the preggo belly.
Oh, it's so much fun I could get used to it lol people actually assume I'm pregnant when I wear it.

~ RLGS Member
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have many members, who give births to pillows. Wink Nice progress.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Rising Moon (Jessica Laufeyson)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks great! And awesome job on the pregnancy belly. It definitely looks realistic, I can see why people think you're pregnant when you're wearing it haha.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done! I wish I had the skills to make this for my wife. She wants one, since she IS pregnant and doesn't fit any of her other costumes anymore! LOL
lalalorhen (Loren)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much everyone Wink

Well, I'm almost done. Pants added - it was such a pain in the arse to find a pair of off white leggings (as incredible as that might sound). I fixed the waist-band and make it belly-friendly and added the four vertical seams.
Also dyed the suede boots dark brown and sewed the gloves together. I just need to add the embroidered symbol.

Thoughts?

~ RLGS Member
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lalalorhen wrote:
Thank you so much everyone Wink

Well, I'm almost done. Pants added - it was such a pain in the arse to find a pair of off white leggings (as incredible as that might sound).

Thoughts?

OMG it looks incredible! So well done!

Where did you find your leggings? I've been looking everywhere and so far no go. Closest I found was American Apparel leggings but you need to add the seam to them.

Also hair! How did you make the small buns on either side of the braid? I'm struggling with how best to do this myself.

Costume Mentor
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good. Smile
It wouldn't hurt if you could pull the sleeves a centimeter or two higher, but you are doing very well.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: