Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cbc20c5f314890e1ee600156371e4ac1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Leia Wig Commission -- Bun length & width questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fancyduckie ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Leia Wig Commission -- Bun length & width questions Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm working on a Leia ANH wig commission right now, and I have some questions about the length/width of the buns. My client was recently rejected by the Rebel Legion with a different wig styled by someone else, but I'm kind of confused as to why:

http://imgur.com/a/Gxx0P

I'm guessing that the tops of the buns need to be level with her hairline, and the bottoms need to be level with her bottom lip, cover the ears and go back to almost where the part is, correct? Is there a specific inch measurement from the part that the RL is looking for to end the buns?

Thanks in advance for the help! Very Happy
rusope (Ruth Sonja)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a RL "official" here but someone who struggled with Leia's buns as well. They look a little sad and droopy in the pic you linked to. They need to be fuller, and yes, they need to sit higher up.

There are no specific measurements for the buns. The most important thing is that they are proportionate to the wearers head/face, so it's naturally not the same measurements for everyone.
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a judge, I will echo Ruth. It is all about proportion and placement on the person wearing the wig. The green lines on that image show where the buns should be located on the head.

One wig might look great on one person but not work on another person, depending on head size and shape.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site

fancyduckie ()

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SongofAmazon wrote:
As a judge, I will echo Ruth. It is all about proportion and placement on the person wearing the wig. The green lines on that image show where the buns should be located on the head.

One wig might look great on one person but not work on another person, depending on head size and shape.

That totally makes sense!! Thanks so much for responding, I really appreciate it! My client has requested that I post photos of the wig here and ask for your input before I send it to her (and I know that your input will be limited because it's not on her head) http://imgur.com/a/JdAfq The wig is an Arda Leia in dark brown that's been stubbed and the buns are two of the pigtail clips with the clips removed and I have hairnets on over the buns. My wighead is one of the girly ones with the head leaning to one side, so the buns might look off-kilter because of that. I measured from the center skin part before pinning them on so I know that they're straight and they're both the same length/width. Aside from that and not being able to look at the proportions on her head, does this look right/accurate/up to the Legion's standards? Thanks!
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks pretty good, but as you say it's a bit harder when it's off kilter. One of the hairnets do seem to hang a little loose, so you might want to tighten that up.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: