Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b4a9dfb45a6235d51e8931b26ff2eca2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme Green Dress need judges plz!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debboraina68 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Padme Green Dress need judges plz! Reply with quote

Hi
It's possible to have some indication for to approve my costume?
tks
Sorry for my unprofessional photo, but I'm waiting for how to do
TKS
http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/Debora_Di_Meo/library/Padme%20Green%20Dress?sort=3&page=1
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! To submit your costume for membership, click on the "my costume" link that you will see above the big red "REMINDER" at the top of the forums. You can create a new costume, add links to photos, then click "submit." Then the judges will review your costume and either approve you or ask for changes. You will need full-body front, back, right, and left photos of your costume.

Before you submit, you should look at the costume standards to make sure that your costume is correct: http://newsite.rebellegion.com/padme-amidalaskywalker-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith-olive-gown/

Looking at your pictures, I have some suggestions. Would you like people to give you public comments here before you submit?

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I see you haven't answered Jenna yet, but I will give you some comments on things to take a look at.
I think your dress needs a touch of brown to it. If I remember correctly, then the backing is brown, where the ply is green. If it's silk-rayon velvet then you should be able to give the backing the brown tone using acid dyes.
Your lining fabric also seems to be missing the purple pattern, so that is something to add to it.
Remember you should appear pregnant in this costume, so make sure that is visible in your photos.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Lady Elenor ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The backing is purple (like the symbols). The green of the ply is some kind of bronze green.
I found this discription at Padawan's guide:

"The Art of ROTS book says, "For example, we see Padme at home with the Senators visiting her; for that, she's in a green devore velvet costume, which is a very unusual colour of green. There's a hint almost of bronze burnished metal. The process called devore means we burned out our own pattern on the velvet to be able to put another colour behind it. I put purple behind that and enhanced the purple with a purple sash. Natalie wore that with her hood up, so it was a very simple looking outline, but very rich fabrics."

Wer sich über diesen Satz wundert sollte mal eine Partie BLÄNK (Words Against Humanity) spielen ...
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Smile Might just be the lighting that makes it seem differently.

Debboraina68 ()

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: tks Reply with quote

tks for your suggestion
I have other question....
how could I get dark my velvet? and for symbol naboo I made stencil on my purple dress of the same band.
I can take pictures with a pillow to look pregnant.
I await your other tips
very honored and very welcome
Debora
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's rayon, then fiber reactive dye can be used, but always do test dyes on scraps first to figure exactly what you need.
For the lining you could stamp the purple pattern on. It would require making a stamp and carefully go over the lining of the sleeves, but it can be done. Again test it out on some scraps pieces to be sure you got the right technique and amount of paint. Too much and it will run, too little and it won't apply properly.
Oh, and always clean your stamp of old paint; if it starts to dry up on the stamp you will get an uneven result.

I hope that was helpful to you. Smile

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to fixing the lining with the diamond pattern, I think you need a lot more of the purple stamps. You can see in this image that they almost touch: http://www.padawansguide.com/fidm/kd77_med.jpg (copy and paste link)

We also look for cording on the edge of the sleeves and neck line like this: http://www.padawansguide.com/fidm/kd80.jpg (copy and paste). It is difficult to tell if your dress has this detail.

If it is possible, I would like to see your hoop skirt/petticoat somewhat bigger. This way, it will look like you are hiding a pregnancy.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: