About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fa32340a1f20ba2e5b9ae4c4078775edMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Come in and introduce yourself!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

Was it a toss up between that and Java the Hutt? 

Hi Dana!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sidewalker (Shawn Trainor)
Outrider Base CO
Outrider Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

Greetings from Calgary.  My real name is Shawn Trainor, Jedi Name Shatir Lavan.  I just signed up and my membership is being processed.  JUst wanted to say Hi.
Sister Sola ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

Welcome Shawn/Shatir Lavan!
Arsinoe ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

Hi Shawn/Shatir!   Enjoy the fun!
Qui-Dawn ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

Hello all - I guess this would be as good a time as any to introduce myself!  My name's Dawn, but I gather most folks would probably already know me as Qui-Dawn, natch. Wink  I hail from all the way over here in Victoria, BC, and was in fact referred to join by Randy....hi you!  *waves energetically and happily*  I'd heard a lot o' things about the Rebel Legion - all of 'em very good, I promise - but wasn't sure before that I could join....didn't know it was possible, perhaps.  Yet here I am now, and I'm very glad to be a part of things, I must say!  Especially since I'm seeing a lot of familiar names and faces around these parts....gee, this is all starting to seem quite wonderfully homey. Very Happy

About me and SW in general....well, for the longest time, my little bro used to be the big SW fan in the family - until the prequels came out.  When TPM was released, I thought he'd get a huge kick out of it if I told him that I'd done the whole waiting-in-line thang....seemed only proper, right?....so for hours and hours on end, I did just that - and I remember, the atmosphere, the energy in the theatre that night - it was absolutely transcendental.  It was purely, wonderfully electric, and my skin still tingles when I think of it....hoo boy!  And....suffice it to say that I emerged from the theatre that night completely stunned, overwhelmed, emotionally drained, staggered - fascinated, delighted, intrigued....and of course I only wanted so much more!  From then on, I began rapidly eclipsing my brother as the big SW fan in the family....now it's absolutely no contest. Smile

For AOTC, I was of course completely energized, thrilled, on tenterhooks and all that....even managed to stay totally - and I mean in *every* way! - spoiler-free....not even the teaser trailers for me then....nada, zip, zilch.  I'd figured that going about it that way could only end up totally, wonderfully heightening the whole premiere experience, and that did indeed prove to be the case.  I'd waited in line all day, too (first at the front, natch), and it was another top-notch life experience....we had some folks from the New VI over filming the fun, we had a bit o' lightsaber combat, SW Trivial Pursuit....getting to know everyone else in the huge line-up....it was absolutely phenomenal, start to finish! Very Happy

And AOTC itself was....was....oh my word, I was completely, emotionally staggered and overcome by it - of course I was rather a wreck at some parts, as I'm sure you can well imagine. Wink  It was, yet again, the most astounding and spell-bindingly fascinating, wondrous, intriguing and altogether, beautifully wonderful thing I'd ever seen - still loving it more and more passionately day by day, moment by moment, too!....and between the costumes, Anakin and Padme, the Clone Wars, Hayden....the costumes....just, oh, *everything* about it all, start to finish....and did I mention Hayden? Wink  Woo-hoo, baby!

*ahem*  So, what about me, you may ask....well, I'm a writer....an avid fanfilm enthusiast (still trying to get that underway here....it's proven to be a little difficult to garner enough people, I suppose, but I'm darn well determined and I'm *not* going to give up on something that I know can be so much fun!) - a prequel gal and SW fan to the core, with every fibre of my being....I'm a diehard lover of the Love Story....and I'm really just so pleased as all heck and entirely tickled to be here with you all. Very Happy  Really can't wait to see where all this takes me!

Dawn.

Woofer (John H. VanOphem)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

Woohoo and welcome! More BC people is a good thing.
Arsinoe ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

Hi Dawn! Welcome to the group! 
Sister Sola ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

Hi Dawn!
Innyll Venness ()

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I've been sitting here thinking of how to start this holo log...but nothing really came to me, so I thought Id start by mentioning that. Furthermore, im not great at beginnings - or for that matter endings - so I suppose the first thing Ive got to say, is Hi everyone!

My name is Innyll, and I live - currently - in Southern Ontario. As of now, Im half a year away from 18 years of age. In other words - I will only be able to wander the boards to sport my membership. Anywho, I am one of the surviving Miraluka (kotor 2) and follow the path of the light side. Some would call me a jedi, but I prefer to be known merely as a "force sensitive" being.  

I look forward to getting to know everyone, and hope that my transition to being a full member will be swift this July .

Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

Welcome to the Canadian Base!

Let me guess, going to do a Jedi costume?

If you need any help with the costume just ask. Heck if you have any questions just ask. We are all here to help.
Innyll Venness ()

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

Thank you Very Happy

Yes, as a matter of fact I've been trying to work out the design. I want something similar to Visas costume in Kotor 2, but It also has to be somewhat jedi. If you've got any suggestions, just let me know. Perhaps I could post some sketches of what Ive got, and could go from there?

Good to know that help is just around the corner Smile

Tanya ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

Hello all

It took me a while to decide what coustume I wanted to make my Boyfriend is a big Star Wars fan he likes the Imperials. I like the Rebles so an interesting house hold. I am very excited to find that I am the only Ewok right now I am hpoing that more people will join me. well that is all for now.

Tanya

WUB WUB

Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

Welcome to the Rebel Legion Tanya!

We won't hold your Imperial affiliation against you... we'll just call it undercover spying!
Tanya ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

I have a question for all of you Jawa's out there I am making an outfit right now and am wondering how to make it stay closed. If anyone has any ideas for me that would be a great help.

Tanya ( WUB WUB )

Arsinoe ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Come in and introduce yourself! Reply with quote

Depends on what parts you want to stay closed...

If it's a Jawa robe you're wanting to say closed, you can use frog closures of various kinds, safety pins from underneath, or you can belt the robe closed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: