Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=21e9e72ae21197c2967131dc94beaac9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Duchess Satine Kryze (Help!?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Other Dignitaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rab96 (Becca)
Blue Ridge Base CO
Blue Ridge Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Duchess Satine Kryze (Help!?) Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I am working on a Duchess Satine Kryze outfit. I am going to try and do the one on the episode that Padmé visits Mandalor, and they are at dinner.

If anyone has any suggestions on fabric, accessories, etc etc etc. I am pretty new to cosplay, so I'm open to anything!

I've attached my flickr album link that has inspiration/pictures I can find of the outfit and things that I have bought or made.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149279294@N02/albums/72157676782902346

If there is a RL guideline for this costume I'd love to see it. I don't know of anything at the moment.

Thanks!

Becca Amadalia
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

I'm pretty sure no one has made that yet, but that doesn't mean you can't. You'll just have to research extra hard and be sure to keep posting here for feedback. Smile

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

She/Her They/Them

Nomad Angie (Angie Rivera)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone has made this costume. You can write the standard of it as you start building it.

A member of my base made a Satine costume and wrote the stabdard for her specific costume as well.
Base Membership Officer 2017
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello great project ! This costume looks really cool Smile

Converting to life a cartoon character is always a challenge, specially for the fabrics or sometimes unrealistic shapes.
My suggestion for fabric would be to keep in mind that you have some liberty on the fabric as we can't directly know what creators intended it to be, and keep in mind that she is a high rank personality. So you want to avoid cheap looking fabric like simple coton or things like that and go for more luxury. I think some velvet or maybe suedine (I think it's called suede or leatherette in english) could be nice, like this one ?

Fabrics like the one she found on this topic ut in grey could also be nice in my opinion :
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=906890#906890
Maybe you need something thicker for the fabric not to move too much, it's a ceremonial dress, not made to be support comfort like the travel clothes, but made to look great first.

For the accessories, I would be happy to give you a hand on those by 3D modeling and printing them for you (the crown, earrings and the kind of thing on the breast)
May be are they supposed to be made in mandalorian steel ?
The crown/diadem can be fitted to your head measurement, in plastic and just painted silvery dark. If you are patient, for the stone you can buy some lapis lazuli like that https://www.amazon.com/Tumbled-Premium-Lapis-Lazuli-Metaphysical/dp/B00AZ48800 you can find that in shop sometimes to get good size, and sculpt it to shape using a dremel or so and spending time to polish it after (can be long !)

Same thing for the brest decoration, plastic + paint + lapis lazuli
earring seems just flat with a carved in line and some wire to attach to ear.

The 'wings' in the hairs are more tricky to do. I have some idea for it but before to expose it, would you have a pictures from behind to see if it supposed to be with those colors the other side too or if the back is metallic ?

Finally necklace : It looks a bit like stormtrooper neck seals :p What you can do is take some aquarium plastic tube, find the good diameter (like that : http://g03.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1rf1qIpXXXXaIapXXq6xXFXXX9/Aquarium-Co2-preuve-plastique-transparent-PU-tube-5-x-8-mm-tuyau-d-air-tuyau-pour.jpg) and then you stick 9 together to the good length to get your neck in. Some paint on them and some fabric on the inside more for it to be more confortable to wear than plastic. to close it well you can glue small magnet in the tube ends , or use a velcro sew on the inner fabric.

Hope it was of any help for you Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Other Dignitaries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: