Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=93b79794e28680e158ec8e1811703ca1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

"Slave Leia" boots on ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:24 am    Post subject: "Slave Leia" boots on ebay Reply with quote

Hi there everyone!

I've been receiving some questions about Slave Leia boots that are listed on ebay. Here is a link to the boots in question:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Princess-Leia-Slave-Costume-Boots-Adult-Cosplay-Shoes-Fancy-Dress-/272284178811?var=&hash=item3f6566d97b:m:m0KDGKWBNlN3TqFqafEhZgA

And a photo:

Just a heads up: these do NOT meet the Rebel Legion standards and would not meet the standards unless they were modified.

What you can do to modify them:

1. The golden tops of the boots must be solid pieces (made of resin, vinyl, worbla, clay sculpt, etc.) Instead, these boots have stitched on shiny pleather for the golden pieces. These pleather pieces are also inaccurate because the design is much too different from the design of Leia's golden boot pieces. Luckily, you can visibly see the pleather's stitching, and can remove it with a seam ripper!

2. After you have removed the golden pleather pieces, you must cut the boots more on the diagonal angle. These boots are slightly cut on the diagonal angle, but the cut should go further down. Just use fabric scissors to cut them further down. Here is a side by side image of these boots vs. the real boots so you can know how far to cut the diagonal opening of the boot:

3. After you have cut the boots further on the diagonal angle, now it is time to attach your accurate golden boot tops! This can be accomplished through sewing them on, gluing them on, etc.

**If you do plan to purchase and modify these boots, I highly recommend choosing the olive colored ones, as olive is more the screen accurate color.**
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: "Slave Leia" boots on ebay Reply with quote

Princess Liz Fett wrote:
Hi there everyone!

I've been receiving some questions about Slave Leia boots that are listed on ebay.

**If you do plan to purchase and modify these boots, I highly recommend choosing the olive colored ones, as olive is more the screen accurate color.**

Have there been approved Leia's with these boots after the modifications? The price is definitely reasonable so just curious. I can keep looking but overall these look good as a base.
Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Padme Amidala Deleted Scene/X Wing Pilot/Clone Wars Padme (maroon vest)
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: