Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c608cae87e5494f034d7220a562e8c1dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Corsec pilots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediGuardian1989 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject: Corsec pilots Reply with quote

Why are CORSEC pilots not accepted?
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you elaborate on your question as to what Corsec pilot you are referring to?
JediGuardian1989 ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones who wear green x-wing flight suits.
Roaddog (AJ McKechnie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, there are no pictures or drawings of standard Corsec pilots to properly say what they are supposed to wear.

Corran Horn, on the other hand is depicted pretty well in comics, but most of his gear is Alliance issued.
Tom_Kness ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being 100% honest they shouldn't have been accepted by the other Legion either.

They are not a RL suit because they are part of the establishment. The only visual appearance is Corran Horn when he was in CorSec and depicts them working with the Empire.
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a part of a conversation regarding CorSec pilots a few years back, and there is consistent and approvable evidence for a gray flight suit with white flak vest and ejection straps that comes from the Star Wars: Galaxies MMO and card game. However, even though they were semi independent and often had strong dissident views, Corellia was under Imperial control at the time so CorSec technically was as well. I suggested this made them Denizens of the Empire rather than anything Rebel affiliated.

I remember the green flightsuit from the I, Jedi book (or was it the X-Wing series?) which are New Republic era, which would remove the Imperial affiliation. But we're still stuck that we only see it visually depicted on Corran Horn and not other CorSec members, even though it's stated in the books that he's wearing Corellian green.

Some direct quotes are in order.

[edit] added pics [/edit]

Last edited by Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson) on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Roaddog (AJ McKechnie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kievan Mereel wrote:
I was a part of a conversation regarding CorSec pilots a few years back, and there is consistent and approvable evidence for a gray flight suit with white flak vest and ejection straps that comes from the Star Wars: Galaxies MMO and card game. However, even though they were semi independent and often had strong dissident views, Corellia was under Imperial control at the time so CorSec technically was as well. I suggested this made them Denizens of the Empire rather than anything Rebel affiliated.

I remember the green flightsuit from the I, Jedi book (or was it the X-Wing series?) which are New Republic era, which would remove the Imperial affiliation. But we're still stuck that we only see it visually depicted on Corran Horn and not other CorSec members, even though it's stated in the books that he's wearing Corellian green.

Some direct quotes are in order.

The Corellian Diktat was still Imperial Aligned.
Tom_Kness ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rogue Squadron book describes his flight suit but never refers to it as a CorSec suit, so it could be he just liked green over orange
ionicdesign (Michael)
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Sam notes (and thanks for being part of that discussion) Corran Horn is accepted.
http://newsite.rebellegion.com/corran-horn/

but he was a CorSec pilot, the costume is not. As noted by others, it is his green CorSec flightsuit with Rebel accessories and gear. There are no visual references of anyone else in the green CorSec uniform/flightsuit and what other accessories they wear. Certainly not a full view or 360.

Corran appears in cockpit in some scenes in the Rogue Squadron comics as a CorSec Member, but not enough of him can be seen for a standard. (and it would need another source)

Corran's look, like in the Star Wars Atlas and whatnot, is a hybrid of CorSec and Rebel gear.

So pending new visual sources, you're welcome to make Corran Horn, but he is unique in this attire.

There are many references for a CorSec officer (non-pilot). One of those would be do-able:
They were allies of Rogue Squadron.

If it is the green you're fond of, there are A-Wings and I think a handful of sources showing Wraith Squadron in greens too.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 LCJ Takodana Base XO A. Legion Webmaster
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are free to do any costume you want, I have a "stealth" Rebel pilot that is not anything more than a Rebel Pilot in a black suit.

Character Name: JAFO
Costume Type: Rebel Pilots
Informal/Non-canon
Species: Human
Preferred Ship: Incom T-65 X-Wing Fighter

Character/Costume Description
For covert missions when the standard orange flightsuit will draw too much attention. Stealth pilot gear is used to back up ground forces deep in enemy territory.

It's not an official costume. It was just for fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: