About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=200298c1535c6a128ad334f0fa59213dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

The All English Thread (just for you mookie)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave -> Nordic Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:11 am    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

If you find this forum confusing, due to the fact that we are talking in Swedish, feel free to come and post in here, we promise to keep it in English.
transferred ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:22 am    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

YEA!  I wasn't being ethnocentric, rather making a joke.  But since you Scandanavians are known for your hospitality, I'll make myself at home. (Hopes Sweden is considered Scandanavian)

I think it would be cool to see how fans in Sweden are the same and how they differ from the ones here.  What is done differently in Sweden that we just don't do here?

And again, welcome.

Mookie

Vargman (Vargman Bjärsborn)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Thanks Mookie!

Feel free to drop in here at anytime..   And as Obi-Anne said if you dont understand swedish you can always post here where we keep writing in english.  Smile

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:43 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

I think one of the biggest differences of fandom here and in the US is the scale. It's much smaller here, and we can't do any big events, there isn't even more than one or two cons every year, and those are really small. So here I think it's more about just getting together and socialize, simply to have fun without any obligations or anythign.
transferred ()

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Fine,

I'll put it in writing, within 4 years, I will go to Sweden to party with you fine people!

Mookie
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

That sounds great!!!!
transferred ()

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

You guys didnt have to stop speaking English in the other thread, I just didn't want you guys to feel alone!

Or I felt alone, I don't remember.

Mookie
Vargman (Vargman Bjärsborn)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

You are always welcome to come visit us..  Smile

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Especially if you bring a kilt, or that Roman costume.
transferred ()

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:49 am    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Well in that case....I'll have to work on my legs.

Mookie
transferred ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Hi hi!

How is everything in Sweden?

Mookie
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

The summer has come, and that's great, even though It's an all rainy day today.
transferred ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

It's spotty here. One day is sunny, the next rainy. We've had a lot of rain. But it's all good. Any conventions or gatherings coming up?

Mookie
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

No, not really. There is an European-wide FF meeting in Paris that I'm going to, but that's just a social gathering, after that there is Finncon-X in Finland, and that's also the official European sci-fi con of the year, but I can't go since it's the weekend after Paris and I wont get free from my job, or have any money.  FF Sweden are having some meetings though during the summer, and at least one will involve costumes (but that also one that I can't go to because of my job during the summer)
transferred ()

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:50 am    Post subject: The All English Thread (just for you mookie) Reply with quote

Just what exactly IS your job during the summer and do we need to kidnap you to take you to some fun meetings?

Mookie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave -> Nordic Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: