Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3a4e314f776d0444f1541192c9476369Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Saying hello and researching the rebel pilot costume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumpyhousecat ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Saying hello and researching the rebel pilot costume Reply with quote

Hello Kessel Base! I'm from San Antonio and I saw ya'll at Alamo City comic con, but didn't get a chance to stop and say hi. I am planning on creating a rebel pilot costume and I appreciate any advice and help you're willing to give! I'm excited about joining Rebel Legion and I look forward to being part of Kessel Base!
Darth Sunshine (Andrea)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! What kind of pilot are you planning? A good place to start is by perusing the Pilots forum.

And if you haven't yet, be sure to join our Facebook page for recruits! There's a lot of activity and pilots in San Antonio, so if you ever need local help that's a great place to get connected with members.

Proud to be part of Kessel Base - Starblossom Delegation Leader - RLGS council member

WIP: Hera Syndulla & Jarael
Future: X-Wing Pilot | Mission Vao v2 | Way too many Padmé costumes

deviantArt | facebook
Grumpyhousecat ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to meet you Darth Sunshine! I was leaning toward an X-wing pilot from episode 4. Their suits are my favorite out of all the movies. I have started researching the pilot forums and I have contacted another RL member who makes the suits. I have liked the Kessel Base facebook page, but I didn't find a Kessel Base Instagram. Does Kessel Base have one?
Darth Sunshine (Andrea)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good one to start with; the others are a little harder to find supplies and kits for. Looking into doing one right now too. Smile

We don't have a Base instagram, but there are members with personal accounts. If you search #kesselbase you'll find a few of us.

As far as social media goes, we're only on Facebook. We have the likeable Facebook Fan Page, and a group for recruits.

Proud to be part of Kessel Base - Starblossom Delegation Leader - RLGS council member

deviantArt | facebook
Grumpyhousecat ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely like the facebook page. Thanks for your help! I'll have to find out when the RL will be out and about so I can go meet some members in person. Smile
wabbit89 ()
Active Legion Member

2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! And join the club of those of us building that costume! Smile

Member: Knights of the Jedi Order - Star Temple, RAID - Fire Team 28, GRRRL Squad, Kilted Rebel Regiment.
disastroid (Chris Rathburn)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I'm not doing X-Wing pilot (YET) but this guy does great work for the metal pieces of that costume.

http://www.elvistrooper.com/xtool.htm
Grumpyhousecat ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind for when I need them!

Does anyone know who makes flight suits? I contacted Baron Flux, but I think he is busy with a lot of orders.
Grumpyhousecat ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a pilot outfit, but I would like to know if it would be acceptable.

http://www.thecostumebase.com/x-wing-rebel-fighter-pilot-orange-jumpsuit-white-flak-vest/
Darth Sunshine (Andrea)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as-is unfortunately (though I wish they were at that price). I think Costumebase flightsuits are approvable with extensive modifcations, but the flak-vests aren't any good. (Misshapen, and they have pleats rather than pockets with inserted tubing.)

Most of the RL-recommended vendors have a lengthy response time; they'll get through to you but it may be a few weeks. In addition to Baron, Darth Hair and Customprops come highly recommended.

deviantArt | facebook
Grumpyhousecat ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Custom props looks like a good option. I've been researching a lot and most of the flight suits I find myself aren't quite right.
Grumpyhousecat ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:44 am    Post subject: Rebel pilot weapon Reply with quote

I read somewhere that rebel pilots can have a DH-17 blaster. Does Kessel Base allow it?
Yub-Yub ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe its not really up to kessel on whats approvabke but rather the legion itself. Also you may want to look at: https://www.wampawear.com/product-category/flightsuits/

We have his flight suit, flak vest, belt and harness. We love them. I have a costume base flight suit for my tie and he does do a decent job but he so inconsistent with the material. You could get a black light weight suit or a black heavy weight suit or even (this is true) a midnight blue suit.

for the metal pieces go here: http://www.elvistrooper.com/xtool.htm

Thats who we went to. Hope that helps
Kotorvich (Jacob Degan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, Grumpyhousecat! We can never have too many pilots! I agree, the original X-Wing pilot outfits are the best. That's what I have and what I troop in the most (since my two Jedi costumes aren't recognized outside of conventions and they're Legends characters now anyway). Being a pilot is a lot of fun!

I obtained all of my pilot costume from Darth Hair except the boots and gloves, which I ordered from Imperial Boots, and the gunbelt and holster. He offers the helmet either as a kit, fully assembled but unpainted, or fully assembled and painted. You might want to ask to try on someone's helmet first and ask who made theirs, because some people find Darth Hair's helmets to be a bit big for them. Also, a helmet isn't required for costume approval, although you'll definitely want one eventually!

I'm rather surprised that the costume standards don't list a blaster as an optional item and address your question. Not even the Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker costume standards mention a blaster. I'm pretty certain that pilots may carry either a DH-17 or a DL-44 if they wish, and it's not uncommon to see a pilot brandishing a blaster in their official Rebel Legion photo. However, from what I've seen the DL-44 seems to be more common among blaster-toting pilots, since that's what Luke was using and that's what Rebel pilots carry in videogames like Battlefront. I myself have a DL-44 and I love it.
wh1plash (Brandon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, highly recommend joining the FB page for recruits.

BaronFlux is also known as "Pilot Bay" on Facebook, you can message him on there and chat. People are just moving further and further away from these old forums.

As for the blaster, check out Darman for legit holsters. He is one of the go-to guys for stormtrooper holsters, and does DL-44 stuff too.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DarmansProps?ref=l2-shopheader-name
ESB Vader
Jurassic Park Jeep JP 29
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: