About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7e1cf6262b48082b0ad91ad71cc86404Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Trouble with Load Times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Trouble with Load Times Reply with quote

I'm having a terrible time posting messages here. I hit the Submit button and then the page seems to get "stuck" and never really completes the task (I don't see the "Go here to see your message" screen).

Are we having this slowdown because of the increased traffic on the board? Is the bandwidth sufficient to handle the amount of people on here?
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be a Mozilla Firefox problem because I'm now using IE (yuck) and it seems to be working fine. Confused
Archived Member Profile

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox sucks from time to time.

I belive this problem has allready been mentionned in another topic sometime ago if I'm not mistaken. This can be solved with a patch that needs to installed.

DT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the issue appears to be with Firefox, it could be a couple of problems:

1) It may be a bug in either Firefox or an extension that you have installed. Make sure that Firefox and all installed extensions are up to date.

2) Some extensions are poorly written. You could have one installed that is causing the issue. Try disabling all of them and reactivating them one at a time to see if the issue arises. Also make sure they are up to date.

3) Firefox is somewhat infamous for its memory leaks (it uses system memory and fails to free it when it does it need it anymore) as are some extensions. Try the above trouble-shooting techniques to weed out bad extensions. Failing that, closing Firefox and restarting will usually help.

4) Firefox does DNS caching. When you type in www.rebellegion.org, your computer is actually looking the websites IP address (which is a long number) and using that. Firefox will cache the IP address and sometimes that changes. You can restart the browser or you can go to about:config and change etwork.dnsCacheExpiration to 0.

You can use an alternative browser. I am on Linux and KDE, so I primarily use Konqueror. On Linux you have virtually unlimited web browser options, although most of them are based off the Mozilla project so they may have the same issues as Firefox.
On Windows of course you have IE and various offshoots of Mozilla, including Netscape Navigator 8.
On Mac you have Safari which is based on Konqueror's KHTML rendering engine.
There is also Opera, which is free and available on Linux, Mac, and Windows and is fairy nice and light-weight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: