Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cae43ed015b56d5d1c5e3cc6b4264ad1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Generic Jedi by Alise COMPLETE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alise ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Generic Jedi by Alise COMPLETE Reply with quote

Hi.
I want make generic jedi,and mayby join to the legion. I want create jedi like from The Old Republic, but not with armor. I look many pictures and armors from the game and think I found what I looking for.

Tunic will be a little different on back and all costume will be black and white.

Something like this:

White under tunic, tabards,hood and obi. Black
trousers, boots, top tunic and belt and mayby gloves.

And here is my question:

What You thinks about this outfit?

Last edited by Alise () on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:23 pm; edited 6 times in total
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alise, and welcome! As someone who has recently started playing TOR (everyone says 'finally'), I can understand the excitement over the character styles. However, they are widely varied and the main thing you want to keep in mind is that for your costume, you want to follow the standard of the generic Jedi found here:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39468

Assuming of course you're trying to adapt that design to a generic rather than a specific character such as Satele Shan.

So in looking at the standard and comparing it to your base there, your colors seem fine. I would suggest perhaps the Ka-Ali-Mundi tunic design which is 1. similar to the picture except the back is completely connected to the skirt at the bottom and 2. you wear a complete longsleeved undertunic which would mimic the image as well (as there are no sleeveless generic Jedi). Gloves are fine to wear and you can certainly put spats on your boots. As per the standard, just make sure your boots and belt match in color as you've described. I wouldn't necessarily worry about the hood - as part of your three optionals, you may wish to get a full robe to wear and that would have a hood.

Please continue to post up ideas and thoughts, and certainly as you make progress lots of pics to get feedback!

Ghost Base
Legion Costume Judge
Former LMO
First Jedi General in the Legion
501st SL-9640
www.sabermasters.org
Alise ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update

Complete in 70%

https://zapodaj.net/cb8cd347f2b28.jpg.html
https://zapodaj.net/2fdd47b68048c.jpg.html
dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one I have thought about myself. (I already have a Relnex robe set.) If you make it look like the ingame model you'll be fine. Be sure to submit good pics of the source images you are matching and remember the color has to match.
Alise ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That image from game was a concept of my costume.Now i see i make mix of this (some pices) http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/swtor-thexans-robes.jpg and traditional jedi to one generic jedi with standards.
I decide make all costume in black and dark gray( I like this conection).[/url]
Alise ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Finally I have time to present You my Generic Jedi as Human Alise De'lfrigo or Zabrak Kov'ira Tora'hor.

Human front:

Zabrak front:

Face front

Left side face

Right Side face

Left side full costume:

Right side full costume:

Back full costume;

and eye color is Gold Honey my normal is blue Smile

Soft parts made from 100% black and gray cotton. Material is heavy and
the texture look like Flax

View:

Under tunic:

side

front

back

Black and Gray tunic:

front hood

front without hood

side hood

side without hood

back hood

back without hood

tabards

and finally black tunic spread

And all inspiration and sources images :

Tatoos and horns:

Costume elements:

Legion member

Woman in the middle of the left

Games

SWTOR

KOTOR

Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's lovely.. but the judges will have a problem with the outer tunic sleeve. the outer tunic must be (A) full sleeved or (b) sleeveless.
--> the judges will ask you to remove the short sleeves on the black tunic, to make it 'sleeveless'.

(examples):

this is a small issue, and easily fixed. Wink nice work overall.

cheers.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I know what you mean. But amm I want create somthing diffrent. It's go more to swtor in my vision when I create this on paper.

Image of legin member in your post was only inspiration for hood undre tunic sleeves and down back outer tunic.And second image only for down back outer tunic.nothing elss.

Main idea was Swtor custome set.
blitz1027 (Zadok)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, your costume looks amazing. I love the design of it. I will say that even though I love your costume, the sleeves will probably be an issue for approval. I love the short sleeve design but unless you can provide references for a jedi that wears robes like the ones you've made it will probably need to be redone. You can either go with a sleeveless OT like the one Ki-Adi-Mundi wears. Or you could do full length sleeves.

Good luck and great work.

Jedi, Clone and Dark Lord
Alise ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for what you say.

Blitz in this project i can only remove black sleeves.(I dont have no more material for long sleeves). And it's not simple how it's look like : It's one piece

When I making costume I see version without them. Costum looks like be somthing missing, like not finished. So I make short sleeves and she looks better. I can make photo when i wrap sleeves in side tunic and you see big diffrent Smile

Im not big person and if i remove sleevs costume will be look a little funny.Tabards will cover totally tunic,if I take off tabards he will be look too much empty. :/

Last edited by Alise () on Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Jedi costumes, there are a few options. The easiest to get passed is to make one that fits the Generic Jedi standard. That gives you a nice prequel (Episodes 1-3) Jedi. There are other standards you can also make a costume to match. Most of those have less customization options than the generic standard. The last option is to make a costume from some Lucas Film licensed source (movie, comic, statue, game, etc.) In the latter case, you submit heal to toe, front and back images (with sufficient detail to actually tell what is what on the costume) along with the images of your costume. The gotcha here is that you have to replicate that one particular costume in color, texture, etc. For games that means the color of the basic costume, not a player changed version, and all of the costume parts and details.

In your case, you have blended several options into one and that is most likely going to be an issue. My suggestion would be to go look at the generic Jedi standard and see what you can modify to male your costume fit that standard. You've done what looks to be a nice job and I'd like to see you able to get it passed.
Alise ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi. I understand. Easy if he not pass its ok. I can't much modify him becuase all outer tunic is make from 5 pices : hod ,2 on back ,front right and left side with sleevs Smile. only option is make new tunic but T dont have this same material (texture) or only cut sleeves and cut somtging from front.... If i will make new tunic i need make all of them new too .
Alise ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah My outfit was accepted. http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&a=13705>.
blitz1027 (Zadok)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alise wrote:
Yeah My outfit was accepted. http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&a=13705>.

Congrats on your approval. Your costume looks great.

Jedi, Clone and Dark Lord
oskar420 ()

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely remarkable! Congrats Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: