Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6f214dce375946fbf458771329a2abc3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ceremonial Leia ANH accessories questions (Will these work?)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Ceremonial Leia ANH accessories questions (Will these work?) Reply with quote

Having just finished my ANH Senatorial Leia and prepping for submission, I am now on to Ceremonial Leia (my personal favorite).

I have been reading through the boards and just want to confirm that these items are approvable before purchasing them.

The shoes most suggested were the Easy Street Halo pumps in silver.

For the necklace, this seller makes one that many have purchased:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/95654801/star-wars-princess-leia-ceremonial?ref=hp_rv

Also, this belt. It appears many have been approved with belts she has made.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/199704269/princess-leia-belt-ceremonial-princess?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=princess%20leia%20belt&ref=sr_gallery_1

I found this cuff and think it works but wasn't sure about the chain attaching it. I can probably adjust it so that it holds without.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lifesize-Princess-Leia-shiny-necklace-ANH-Star-Wars-ceremonial-cosplay/321170777433?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D39218%26meid%3Db0a3521c8b6546069a36652ca309096c%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D321075281680

Any help you can give on this before I make these purchases would be great. Thanks in advance!
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those shoes are under the 2" heel limit, so I think you are good there. The cuff bracelet isn't 100% accurate, but without the chain it might meet the standards of "silver cuff bracelet" as long as it doesn't look too big on you. The necklace also looks fairly accurate. The shape of the belt looks good, so as long as it fits you and is not wrinkly, you should probably be good.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SongofAmazon wrote:
The cuff bracelet isn't 100% accurate, but without the chain it might meet the standards of "silver cuff bracelet" as long as it doesn't look too big on you.

Thank you for the 411. Would you know of any other places/sellers who may be able to assist me with the cuff? That seems to be the hardest thing to find/make. I could attempt to make it but it would be my first time and I would have no idea where to start.
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, as a judge, I cannot recommend any sellers. I can only give feedback. Other regular members may be able to help you though.

I do know of some folks that made their own bracelets out of sculpy clay, or something similar. You may be able to build a base on top of an existing bracelet and then paint it silver.

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shoes look great. Smile So does the necklace (as long as it fits you).
The belt looks okayish, but I'm worried about the sharp dip on the top. That's quite an angle. I would find another belt.
And without the chain the cuff should be alright if it can stay on. It might need a bit of reshaping for that.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
The shoes look great. Smile So does the necklace (as long as it fits you).
The belt looks okayish, but I'm worried about the sharp dip on the top. That's quite an angle. I would find another belt.
And without the chain the cuff should be alright if it can stay on. It might need a bit of reshaping for that.

Thank you for the information! I ended up getting the bracelet from another person in the RL.

I am currently working on replicating her hairstyle. This was my first attempt and would like feedback on it if possible. I did not use hairspray or gel but plan on doing so once I get the right look to it. How does the size of the braid and the bun look? Placement?

Thank you!
In progress/submitted: Padme Amidala Deleted Scene/X Wing Pilot/Clone Wars Padme (maroon vest)
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Size and placement looks fine and is certainly within the range we look for. Smile We would like to see the braid hanging down the back being longer though, preferably all the way to (and just past) the bum.

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Size and placement looks fine and is certainly within the range we look for. Smile We would like to see the braid hanging down the back being longer though, preferably all the way to (and just past) the bum.

Thank you for the help. I will make sure to add a few more inches to the length. Is the bun on top all right or does it need to be bigger around/higher?
In progress/submitted: Padme Amidala Deleted Scene/X Wing Pilot/Clone Wars Padme (maroon vest)
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should be fine, but I haven't seen it from the front, so I can't say for sure. It's huge in the movie (of course), but your's look to be of a good size.

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
I think it should be fine, but I haven't seen it from the front, so I can't say for sure. It's huge in the movie (of course), but your's look to be of a good size.

Here is a pic from the side of the bun. I can make it bigger if needed. Right now it is partially my own hair and partially Kanekalon hair that I braided. I am also posting pictures of my necklace and cuff (sorry it is upside down. Didn't realize when I took the picture). Can you confirm if they look to be the right size etc?

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hair bun looks fine. Smile Wristband looks like it has the right size, too. The necklace looks a bit tight, but the squares look right, so I think it's the lack of space between the squares that are throwing it off.
If you check the third picture in the link below you can see the links between the squares.
http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=princess-leia-organa-ceremonial-gown-source-guide-2

Maybe you can add those links between each square to get the right look and circumference?

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Hair bun looks fine. Smile The necklace looks a bit tight, but the squares look right, so I think it's the lack of space between the squares that are throwing it off.
Maybe you can add those links between each square to get the right look and circumference?

Do you happen to know what the official name of those links is? I can stop by Michael's/JoAnn's today and buy them but not sure what to ask for specifically.

Thanks for the help!
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but no. Small chain links, perhaps? I've never needed that information so it's a question I can't answer. I know that you will need two between each piece though, one attached at each square.

Aeryn Everdeen ()

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also working on this costume - upgrading my existing one, anyway. Smile

Oh! I think those little links are called jump rings? I just happened on the right search term after repeated failed attempts, LOL!

For the bracelet, has anyone used this seller on Etsy? It looks almost slightly too chunky/matte, but the seller does mention something about looking for a more glossy silver.
--> Clone Wars Tan/Burgundy Action Padmé
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used that seller myself, but the bracelet looks like it fits within standards, at first glance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: