Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2de73586bd21dbd86a5e42926eb3bac0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hemet Public Library "Star Wars Day", Jedi Needed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceBuns (Sonya Hall)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Hemet Public Library "Star Wars Day", Jedi Needed! Reply with quote

Hi fellow Rebels, my husband (a TK) asked me to post this in hopes that we can get a Rebel presence at this special event!

The Hemet Public Library has asked the 501st for an appearance on Saturday, May 19th from around 10am - 2pm. I would like to extend the invitation to the Rebel Legion to join in making this "Star Wars" Day a day to remember! They are huge fans, and they tried to get an author to come out, but they are too busy.
There will be a costume contest (for visitors of the Library, NOT us), a trivia contest, memorabilia will be brought in, and of course "photo ops".

If you would like to have a lightsaber demo/training course, (kind of a “Jedi Academy” theme) that would be great! This will be another opportunity for ALL of us to hang out & do what we love to do.

Hemet is in the Inland Empire, just south of Moreno Valley. We probably won't start until 10:30,
and dressing room is provided. ANY and ALL costumes are encouraged.

Please come out!
The "Inland Empire" needs us!

Here's the Info:

Saturday, May 19th
10:30 am to1:30pm
City of Hemet Public Library
300 E. Latham
Hemet, CA 92543
951-765-2443
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will repost this over on the Sunrider Project Board in the hopes you get more people to attend. Sounds like a blast! Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I had never seen the Project Board before, so thanks!
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the links to our web site and Project Board.

Sunrider Web Site: http://www.sunriderbase.com

Sunrider Project Board: http://www.sunriderbase.com/board/

Go check them out. We have a photo gallery link from the web site home page. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish these events weren't so far away from where I live. The Science Museum is fairly close, but, why not library or hospital or other charity events in Los Angeles or in the South Bay area?

I admire those of you who live in a county far far away and still volunteer at the L A events. But, 4-6 hours drives round trip are a little far for me.
JediZabrak (Lloyd Mira-Fuentes)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturdays are bad for me. Sad If this was on a Sunday, I would be there w/ the quickness. Smile

"These Rebels were different. They were organized, they were growing, and they were everywhere."―Journal of the 501st "The Rebellion is spreading and I want to be on the side I believe in." -Biggs Darklighter
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi LarryB ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be able to make this one, since I only live about 5 miles away.

Finally, a real close event for those of us (um, me) in the outer rim!

Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

varekei wrote:
I wish these events weren't so far away from where I live. The Science Museum is fairly close, but, why not library or hospital or other charity events in Los Angeles or in the South Bay area?

I admire those of you who live in a county far far away and still volunteer at the L A events. But, 4-6 hours drives round trip are a little far for me.

Our base territory covers Ventura County on the west, over to the California/Arizona border and down to the Mexican boarder. We have a very large base with events all over.

Los Angeles and San Diego take the lion's share of events, but I enjoy seeing more activity in other areas. No one person can make every event and no one is required to.

You can organize an event in your local area, but make sure it meets the requirements in the charter (no promoting for-profit businesses, unless it's an LFL request like a book signing or video/game release).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: