About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=967de0e48c9273b2c6ed696cd2506dcdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Troy Denning book signing - May 13, 2008 - Roseville, MN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Five

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Troy Denning book signing - May 13, 2008 - Roseville, MN
Event: Wed May 14, 2008 1:00 am

I'm a total book nerd...so this is going to Rock!!!!

Troy Denning will be here to sign copies of the last book of the Legacy Of The Force series (Invincible)!!

It will be at the HarMar Barnes & Noble in Roseville:

Barnes & Noble
2100 North Snelling Ave
Roseville, MN 55113

The 501st is coordinating the event...so more info later!
IndustrialSizeEd (Ed Cook)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually about to post this...Jenny beat me to it. Smile

This is a MAJOR event, as Mr. Denning lives here in the Twin Cities, and Del Rey has chosen to kick off the tour here. Del Rey and LFL have specifically requested our presence for the signing, so we need to make sure we put our very best into this event.

Like Jenny said, we'll be working with the 501st on this. I'll be handling the RL side of things, and 501st MN state captain SL-7302 (Chad VanVorst) will handle the 501st's involvement. In addition, Chad will be our event lead.

The event officially begins at 7pm, but we'll need to be there a bit early to suit up and such. Those details are being worked on, and I'll pass them along as soon as I have them. For now, if you're interested, please go to the signup list on the Central Garrison forums (NOTE: You must be a full 501st or RL member and be registered on the forum to view the thread.)

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Commander, Screaming Tauntaun Squadron
Commander, Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
TK9675 ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can be considered a joint op on both sides, just so everyone knows. We are very happy to work with the RL, as it helps both of us look good.

Costumes are the RL and the 501st's specialties. I wouldn't want anyone to feel a cold shoulder. With the Troy Denning event, we want the "official" costumers to be our 2 organizations. Del Ray contacted me a long time ago, and although I encourage them to attend, FF members are a whole seperate organization then the rebel legion or the 501st. Ed and myself don't just have to make Barnes and Noble happy. We have to make Del Ray publishing happy. That's why we walk slowly.

Ed and Chad will make this event rock. Have fun!
Imperial 80th Squad
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plan to attend, please try to be at the store by 6pm. We're being given a changing area, but it's small, so we'll need to do it in shifts.

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This went really well. Mr. Denning was extremely gracious, and hey, mall security didn't confiscate my costume case this time, so that's always a plus. Smile

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndustrialSizeEd wrote:
This went really well. Mr. Denning was extremely gracious, and hey, mall security didn't confiscate my costume case this time, so that's always a plus. Smile

Great to hear, but disturbing that they confiscated it before. Shocked
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile That was a miscommunication between the mall and Barnes and Noble at an earlier event. B&N told us we could stash our bins in a hallway in the basement, and they didn't clear it with mall security. During the event, I looked out the door to see security dragging my case down the hall. Surprised Everything was fine after I went and explained what had happened.

Previous Positions:
Member, Legion Council
Commander, Rebel Legion
Commander, Central Base
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: