About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3896e8f6d283987e7651f9549006e194Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Canada Split
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yan Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

next thing will be the base logo..??

if so, I vote like queen amidala said and suggest something with the niagara falls in the background.
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it has been suggested we keep this one, but I will look into new ideas. Not really concerned with using Niagara Falls though, more or less would aim it Naboo like.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yan Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see a maple leaf over the rebel logo being very naboo...
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I like the name of Naboo to go with the base I don't really think the logo needs to be changed. By all means Italia should be Naboo since it was fimed there but I perfer to think of Naboo as having lots of different seasons hence our new Base name, but I think the Logo is fine the way it is. But if others wish to change it then we'll do that.

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arsinoe ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally....

I think we should keep the name the same. I think we should still call it the Canadian Base, keep the Logo the same etc.

It just costs less, and we aren't a base with a load of cash to change everything. All the promo material costs money. So leave it all alone.

Frankly I think the split was a bad idea. It weakens us. I also dislike how we weren't consulted about it either. It just stinks.

There were other ways of dealing with the issue of our size. None of those ideas were even discussed publicly for input. We could have come up with something that was much stronger and was a made in Canada solution to our own issues.

That's my 2 cdn cents worth on this topic.
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was not a member decision at all, it was a command decision. Erin independantly came to me and asked the procedure and I sent her along to Matt Hoffman, and the then LCO Ed/Reaper. From what I know it was decided within the council to allow them to have their own base. The same procedure happens within the US.

Canada is HUGE, its bigger than the US and really one base never made much sense. Having more bases in Canada can only serve to enhance the Legion as a whole, having a voice situated in the western part of Canada.

I do not see this as splitting Canada up as a group, no more than the plethora of bases in the US has hurt its American unity.

As for the name, it has been requested by the Rebel legion command that we change the name so as to not seem like we are talking about all of Canada. Its a fair request and in no way is a slight to us up here.

The only main promotional material that I can even think about has been the patches, and name badges. Was there something else?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Primodo,

Erin had pitched the idea to those of us that are in alberta and we all thought it wa s agreat idea, lets be honest I can't go to every con in Toronto and others can't come to vancouver or Alberta either.

Canada was limited to one base because not that many of us post here. If we have a local chapter as the 501 did then we
'll get more attention and this way smaller things are left to smaller bases and larger planned things are done here.

I can see the thoughts about leaving it alone but again it's a command choice.

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StoyBoy720 (Bryan Patrick Stoyle)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yan Solo wrote:
What people don't quite understand is that we have the worst weather... very cold and snowy winter, very hot summer. I don't know any planet in SW that represents that...

Actually there's Ryloth, the Twi'lek homeworld. One half is totally hot and the other half is completely freezing.

But it seems like you guys have already found a name... :p

Failed First Dates - Comedy Web Series

Yan Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I like Ryloth, good thinking Bryan.

But I'm uncertain if the name is already set in stones or not.

Nevertheless, Naboo is a great choice. Smile
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yan Solo wrote:
Plus I then tought about the NHL old conferences, like Clarence-Campbell or Prince-of-Whales and wasn't too excited.

That would be awesome, enough to make me put in for a transfer. Cool I grew up staying up late watching those good old Smythe Division playoff series. I was (am still) a Oilers fan (at heart).

Naboo base would be good, and I like Ryloth. I guess it depends on where the Canadian bases are broken up geographically and how you guys see yourself as a community.

I just want to see you guys come up with something that tops Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Editor:
All Wings Report In! - Great Lakes Base blog
grey_starr (Daniel)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know... just "Naboo" doesn't sound like enough.. Perhaps something more defining like "Naboo North"...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krash, you ever been to Moosejaw?, I'm aiming for Nutavut.

'JASON' Detachment
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ky-Wan Zann wrote:
Krash, you ever been to Moosejaw?, I'm aiming for Nutavut.

No, but I grew up playing hockey...it's just one of those cool sounding names that showed up on the other team's roster under: "hometown"

Editor:
All Wings Report In! - Great Lakes Base blog
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh got it,

Nice sig by the way

'You think we need one more?.'
'You think we need one more.'
'Alright we'll get one more'

'JASON' Detachment
Veton-Ni ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY like Naboo North!!!!

Veton-Ni
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: