About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d653674930db7a024d8fefc079348e72Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Armageddon Conventions - Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost -> Naboo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farra Sti (Andrea Stout)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be nice to meet you Jackie. At this stage I should be there for all three days of it. So I'll be in a different costume each day as I have three costume. Thinking Jawa first day, Sith second and Jedi third. Easiest to wear Jawa for only half a day.
Ember ()

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon Wellington and Christchurch are just a matter of weeks away!

Although I won't be at Christchurch, I'll be at the Wellington event, arriving a few days before and leaving a few days after the event.

I won't have any new costumes (spent the summer making pretty dresses rather than costumes :p), but I'll have my usual GG Leia costume, and may take my Jedi as well if there's room.

What guests are you all interested in meeting this time around? I'm looking forward to meeting Paul McGann, the 8th Doctor from Doctor Who (huge fan of the show Razz)
I'm also looking forward to the chance to actually get some shopping done downtown!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, tomorrow I'm off to Wellington for the madness that is Armageddon!

I'm taking 3 costumes, 2 of them are RL Wink
I've arranged a number of RL items for the 501st/RL booth, so we should have a far bigger presence than in previous years Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrived in Wellington today, will be going in to set up the booth tomorrow with a combination of RL and 501st material.
I've got some nice RL stuff printed off, so the RL will have a bigger presence at the event than in previous years Smile

Just a note - since it's Easter weekend, the open hours are different to usual Armageddon hours:
Fri: 12pm - 5pm
Sat: 9am - 6pm
Sun: 10am - 6pm

Sunday is also daylight saving, so the clocks go back an hour Saturday night!
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Auckland Armageddon Reply with quote

Hey there,

Any info for what we're doing for Auckland Armageddon this year?
Ember ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Auckland Armageddon Reply with quote

Athrun wrote:
Hey there,

Any info for what we're doing for Auckland Armageddon this year?

We'll have our booth of course, which we share with the 501st. I have the costume standards booklet which was a big hit last Armageddon, our flyers, the lovely big rebel banner, and potentially some new stuff (most likely Naboo-Outpost specific)!

We may also be doing a charitible fund raiser in conjunction with the 501st Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Smile When I was at Sydney Supanova and Melbourne 'Geddon I was really impressed by the huge fund raising efforts the guys do over in Oz Smile At Sydney they even had a display of just why it was so important.
Athrun (Jonathan Sharp)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, looks good!
Will apply for time off work so I can be there all three days as long as I can get a ride there.
Ember ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon Auckland is just over a month away, and we'll be there all 3 days Smile
Once again we will share our booth with the 501st, and it seems we may be back in the same spot on the floor as last year.

We will have our lovely big RL banner, the Costume Standards book, and flyers.
Does anyone have any other ideas for our section of the booth?
I think a collection of photos displayed like there was a few years back would be a nice idea since that seemed quite popular with the public.

I'll be there the day before the event helping set up the booth with the 501st if anyone would like to come help (though it shouldn't take more than an hour or so to set up if we can find tables and cloths!)

I haven't settled on costumes yet, but may choose between Fem TIE, Fem Officer, Slave Leia, GG Leia, and Bespin Escape Leia (and get some good application photos in the process Smile)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm nearly finished Sabe and given I have all but sold my Tatooine dress (it's in packaging already... sigh) I may wind up bringing her along to Auckland- I wasn't going to but boy do the colours look great. I'm looking forward to the headdress as I have a cunning plan involving Foam board, urethane foam and epoxy resin. And of course a wig or two Wink
Not sure what else. Barring some miracle I'm going to be struggling to just be at the event let alone finish any current projects for it. But we'll see Smile

I'm going to be busy with the cosplay contest and parade so as usual I'm really not sure what I'm going to be up to! But if Sabe is worn I'll be super easy to spot with that big headpiece...
Ember ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always loved Sabe's costume, I look forward to seeing it finished Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Auckland Armageddon Reply with quote

Auckland Armageddon was really good!
Went all three days and had a great time with the people from 501st legion and rebel legion.
Ember ()

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great, Jonathan Smile
Congrats on surviving your first Armageddon!

I'm utterly exhausted, but I think our booth was a huge hit, the photos proved popular, and a number of people flicked through the costume standards folder.
Next year's Auckland event will be for 4 days, so we'll need to plan something special for that Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything planned for Wellington? I will actually be free some time on Saturday (hooray for keen beans *wanting* to run the parade!!) so can do a spot of time handing out flyers etc. I saw Dean is heading down so if he is bringing the flyers that's cool but I do have room in my suitcase if not Smile

Sunday as always is out for me.

Jackie I think you are heading down, not sure if you have sorted a costume to register yet (nudge nudge) though.... Wink
Gorman (Dean Brown)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have room for Flyers...... and maybe the Jedi... Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost -> Naboo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: