Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a54d9bd461b08675dcb3d00eb181fe6aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

U-Wing Pilot?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's got some great references on there. Wish we could get pictures like that for more costumes. Razz But still no picture that shows the back of the vest. Bummer.

Heh, and I noticed that the visor of his helmet is broken. Oops. XD

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Echo5Delta (Alex Diaz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: The flak vest Reply with quote

Just a thought. That new lego u-wing microfighter set comes with an actual u-wing pilot, updated helmet, and torso decals. If you look, the back of the minifig has a similar vest pattern as your typical X-wing flak vest (different color of course). We have plenty to go on in regards to the front, but since that minifig is accurate to the visual guides, more than likely the back piece would be accurate as well.

And the rest of him:

"Grab some sky!!"
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, when I was watching the Blu-ray it seemed like the back of the U-wing vest was pretty much the same as the back of the X-wing, but I can't swear to that, there really aren't many shots that show the back and none of them are very clear. It's hard to base references off of figures or minifigures because you never know what might be different unless you have accurate pictures of the costumes. The B-wing pilot minifigure, for example, is pretty accurate but LEGO made the vest brown instead of tan, and the Y-wing pilot minifigure has most of the details spot-on except for the back, which has the wrong flak vest back.

Though I do think it's safe to assume that the U-wing vest back is pretty much like an X-wing one, but I'm not going to swear that it is. Razz

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Echo5Delta (Alex Diaz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Verified Reply with quote

Verification for U-wing pilot flak vest. 1hr 21.5 minutes you see a blue squadron pilot, U-wing helmet, from behind. Here's the still shot:

"Grab some sky!!"
R5SB (Andy Hill)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

Samuel Victor has sent me the other photos so that I can share them at a higher resolution. Mostly what we've seen before on his FB post but I've tweaked and cropped some of them to hopefully reveal a bit more detail.

I've also added his twitter name if anybody wants to follow or thank him directly (tell him @R5SB sent you Wink ).

R5SB (Andy Hill)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost forgot,

Here are my screen grabs from R1 showing the back of the helmet and a little of the vest.

Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pics are excellent!! Thank you so much for posting.

I can see a bit better the pockets and stitching on the suit now!

Good screen grabs too.... I haven't had the capability of grabbing off my Blu-ray player (I need to download a program for my PC).
Massiff Squadron CO

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
Blue Leader Canada (Doug Cottrell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting those. You can see the details on the suit much better.

Man, there is so much breakdown/weathering on these!

Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you all think the color is for the U-wing pilot vest? I can't make up my mind. The Samuel Victor pictures made it look like the vest is more of a tan color, different from the X-wing pilot vests-- it's too dark to just be weathering. But in the Rogue One female pilot shots the vests looks more white, almost matching the sleeve ribbing. But then in the pilot back shot that Echo5Delta posted the vest, again, looks more tan/beige and darker than the sleeve ribbing...

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Blue Leader Canada (Doug Cottrell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks tan to me with considerable weathering. A shade darker than the sleeve ribbing.

Ronan (Jon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we didn't get anything new from celebration. I decided to get it the best I can based on the few pics we have. I will end up printing and doing resin slush casting it.

The only thing I can see is the hole in the smaller box. most shots show it as a circle, but one shows it as an oval. Could be the camera angle though.
Any feedback?

Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really looking awesome. Nice job! Smile

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head at the moment is that the two circle greeblies on the upper left side are filled in, or so it looks like to me, with just a small rectangular cut on the leftmost edge. I have a magazine picture that I'll see if I can get a clearer scan of to show what I mean.

And for whatever it's worth, the hole on the "belly box" looks like a circle to me, so I'd say that you got that right.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Ronan (Jon)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
That's really looking awesome. Nice job! Smile

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head at the moment is that the two circle greeblies on the upper left side are filled in, or so it looks like to me, with just a small rectangular cut on the leftmost edge. I have a magazine picture that I'll see if I can get a clearer scan of to show what I mean.

And for whatever it's worth, the hole on the "belly box" looks like a circle to me, so I'd say that you got that right.

Awesome, Id love to see what you have. That was the part that eluded me the most. I couldn't tell if it was filled in or had a tiny lip.
nnaydolem (Melody)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these is the same suit for blue squadron i am assuming and WOW these are awesome pix. thank you thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nnaydolem wrote:
these is the same suit for blue squadron i am assuming and WOW these are awesome pix. thank you thank you.

Yup, it's the same flight suit, just different gloves and some other stuff.

And, ack, I keep forgetting to scan the picture. I'll get it done this weekend!

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: