Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=33bcbccf3f51accd6d4471614c24c563Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

U-Wing Pilot?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject: U-Wing Pilot? Reply with quote

Greetings pilots....

Just curious if anyone has had any confirmation either way on what this happy guy from Rogue One is:

Is he a U-wing pilot, or a variation of the X-wing (possibly CorSec)? The suit looks cool, I wouldn't mind doing it Smile Everything on it looks X-wing with the exception of the suit color of course, and the white pleating down the arms. (Someone at Lucasfilm has a hard-on lately for pleats up & down the arms!)
Massiff Squadron CO

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that he's a U-wing pilot but it's hard to say just yet. LEGO has his minifigure marked a U-wing pilot, and I think in one of the trailers I remember him climbing into the cockpit of a U-wing, but we probably wont know for certain until the movie comes out or closer to it.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-Former RLSC XO - RLSC Pilot Mentor - Alpha Base Member

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pleats have been in the drawings since day one... They are just now really using them on things other than Luke's Ceremonial Jacket and the Snow Speeder overcoat.

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tom_Kness ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's climbing into an Xwing, the U-wing is a troop carrier I believe it's the cockpit from the last trailer that Jyn and Andor are sitting in.
FoxhoundTCF (Ashley Tyler)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The engines on the U-Wing aren't as close to the cockpit as in this photo, which makes me think that it is a X-Wing

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/f1/U-wing.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160517113816
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. To me, the canopy/cockpit of the U-wing looks fairly identical, but I'll have to look again. The pic of the top of the U-wing doesn't look like a side-by-side cockpit canopy. But, we shall see. We shall see......
Massiff Squadron CO

Tigerantilles (Gregor Sink)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's leaked pictures of a Blue pilot listed as "U-Wing" for one of the Lego sets. So there's that....but take it with a grain of salt.

Either way, I'm going to want to see "Always laughing when they're sitting down of getting into things" listed on the CRLs.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigerantilles wrote:

Either way, I'm going to want to see "Always laughing when they're sitting down of getting into things" listed on the CRLs.

Hahaha, yes!!
That dude looks as giddy as a school girl. He's found his Shangri-La Smile

Well, in the least, I think I'm going to do the upgraded RFT for Rogue One premier time.
Massiff Squadron CO

Blue Leader Canada (Doug Cottrell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we thinking this is a nylon jacket or nylon jumpsuit?

Iron Edge (Ian Cook)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Squadron Pilot/U-wing pilot, whatever they are called, I am very interested in this build!

One of my base members found this material and we are testing painting it a greyer grey, right now its silver with a sparkle but i think design master flannel grey may do the trick but may need a lighter grey than that. It fits nicely into my existing ejection harness slide buckle, just need to make a harness out of it.

The gloves seem to be like snowspeeder gloves, I plan on using the ones I have already.

I agree the jumpsuit is most likely nylon, I kinda want to get this one going asap for cons and such so I may use a low cost poly blend suit to start. I dont want to make a suit out of nylon $$$ and then have to remake the whole thing when we get some good shots of it when the blueray comes out.

Im going to assume they have the same Boots and leg flares as the orange pilots.

Looks like there is a fair amount of weathering on the chestbox, Im going to hold off on that until the CRL is written.

Love the arm pleats, I wonder if they have the little code pockets like on Cassians "mountain jacket", Ill most likely hold off on adding those until I see better reference, or for when I remake the suit when the blueray comes out.

anyways, ill post up the ejection harness results when I have them! Smile

pm07 (Shane)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I saw that scene, I was like that is so me. The pure joy on his face, like a fan boys dream come true.

Last edited by pm07 (Shane) on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Iron Edge (Ian Cook)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The silver shiny thread in the webbing doesn't paint or dye well, I am going to order plain white pleated webbing and see how dyeing it goes.

agirlcalledbob ()

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for everything you've noted so far, I'm watching this post with high interest.

Do you think the helmet is the same as an x-wing helmet? I know theres just a 3 second scene at this point but I wasn't sure if any differences jumped off the screen.
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Edge wrote:
Blue Squadron Pilot/U-wing pilot, whatever they are called, I am very interested in this build!

One of my base members found this material and we are testing painting it a greyer grey, right now its silver with a sparkle but i think design master flannel grey may do the trick but may need a lighter grey than that. It fits nicely into my existing ejection harness slide buckle, just need to make a harness out of it.

The gloves seem to be like snowspeeder gloves, I plan on using the ones I have already.

I agree the jumpsuit is most likely nylon, I kinda want to get this one going asap for cons and such so I may use a low cost poly blend suit to start. I dont want to make a suit out of nylon $$$ and then have to remake the whole thing when we get some good shots of it when the blueray comes out.

Im going to assume they have the same Boots and leg flares as the orange pilots.

Looks like there is a fair amount of weathering on the chestbox, Im going to hold off on that until the CRL is written.

Love the arm pleats, I wonder if they have the little code pockets like on Cassians "mountain jacket", Ill most likely hold off on adding those until I see better reference, or for when I remake the suit when the blueray comes out.

anyways, ill post up the ejection harness results when I have them! Smile

I am going to wait for better pics as well. By this time last year, we already had a better spread of pics of the TFA X-wing, dammit!! We need more R1 schwag..............

I think I'm going to just do the upgraded RFT in time for the movie. But thanks for getting started on this, Ian! I want to do this suit eventually too.
Massiff Squadron CO

TuskenFan (Luis A. Diaz Jr.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
but we probably wont know for certain until the movie comes out or closer to it.

Or we may know after midnight tonight after the new toys are released. Wink
What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?!?!-Emperor Palpatine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rogue One U-Wing / X-Wing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: