Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e0362012379cf321e0be062c8fc70c62Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Todd's ANH Shirt and Vest, Whatcha think?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Todd's ANH Shirt and Vest, Whatcha think? Reply with quote

http://www.toddscostumes.com/costumes/han-solo-vest-shirt-combo/

Looks good to me. I have been wanting a more accurate shirt fabric and Replicating the original fabric used can't get any better if you ask me. Hopefully the color of the actual shirt sent is yellow enough. That vest looks great. The one I have a is good except for the loops. Mine are made from one piece. Hopefully it is not to long on me
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look good to me as well. Did you follow through and purchase them?

"Any pilot who volunteers to fly an A-wing better be brave or crazy. Probably helps to be a little of both."
―General Han Solo
ladysolo14 ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my base mates purchased the shirt and vest from Todds. When he gets them I'll encourage him to post some photos here. Looking at the photos on Todds site the quality looks pretty good. We have the same concern about the vest length but guess we'll find out when they arrive.
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking at these as well. If it were not for the fact that I need a new belt rig, I would jump at the chance to order the shirt and vest as well. But the rig has to come first. I am thinking of getting Todd's ANH belt rig and see how that one is...

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
nnaydolem (Melody)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am liking this....i have wanted to do a female version for years...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ladysolo14 ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charybdis wrote:
I am thinking of getting Todd's ANH belt rig and see how that one is...

I've heard pretty good reviews of Todd's belt rigs. I use his hardware to make my gun belts.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, When I had posted this I had already ordered I believe. For the price I could not go wrong really. I wanted a better vest with the correct loops. I just hope they both fit. I have a feeling I did not go large enough for the shirt.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's OK. Todd's is very good at returns/exchanges, etc.

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering when they'll finally be ready to ship!

Expected release date for the shirts says 10/1, but here we are nearly a week later, and I haven't had a shipping notice.
ladysolo14 ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:

Expected release date for the shirts says 10/1, but here we are nearly a week later, and I haven't had a shipping notice.

My base mate hasn't heard anything yet either. We need to get his ANH Solo approved, because I think our BCO is getting impatient since I got my ANH Leia approved lol. I did just check Todds site and they have removed the shirt and vest combo and are only offering the vest, which is interesting. Also Todds blasters are back in stock, I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on one of those.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladysolo14 wrote:
kman wrote:

My base mate hasn't heard anything yet either. We need to get his ANH Solo approved, because I think our BCO is getting impatient since I got my ANH Leia approved lol. I did just check Todds site and they have removed the shirt and vest combo and are only offering the vest, which is interesting. Also Todds blasters are back in stock, I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on one of those.

I have an inquiry in. I'll report back when Todd responds. He usually gets back to me reasonably quickly.

Those blasters ARE tempting. I'm reasonably satisfied with the ANH blaster I have now, though. If he had ESB-style M19 scopes, I'd be in trouble. Wink
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladysolo14 wrote:
kman wrote:

Todd wrote back:

"We have had to put that item on hold because our manufacturer is having trouble getting the fabric dyed. They are a month overdue on delivery and they have no ship date estimate yet. Until this situation is sorted out and we have a very firm date, we will not take more orders for these."

Bummer. Sad

Are there any good patterns out there for ANH (or ESB)? I'm not in a hurry ... YET ... since I'm wrapping up my Jedi belt and pouches before I move onto my Solo belt (plus I'm dragging my feet waiting for templates, and perhaps crazylegsmurphy's book), but soon enough the shirt is going to be the only thing holding me up. L.A.'s garment district should yield a viable fabric, fortunately, and I think shirts are simple enough my meager sewing skills should suffice, as long as I have a decent pattern.
ladysolo14 ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:

Todd wrote back:

"We have had to put that item on hold because our manufacturer is having trouble getting the fabric dyed. They are a month overdue on delivery and they have no ship date estimate yet. Until this situation is sorted out and we have a very firm date, we will not take more orders for these."

Bummer. Sad

Boo that's no good Sad

kman wrote:

Are there any good patterns out there for ANH (or ESB)? I'm not in a hurry ... YET ... since I'm wrapping up my Jedi belt and pouches before I move onto my Solo belt (plus I'm dragging my feet waiting for templates, and perhaps crazylegsmurphy's book), but soon enough the shirt is going to be the only thing holding me up. L.A.'s garment district should yield a viable fabric, fortunately, and I think shirts are simple enough my meager sewing skills should suffice, as long as I have a decent pattern.

I promise I have on my list of many things to do, is to scan my templates for my gunbelt. I just got a new printer/scanner as my other one broke, thus the delay.

As for shirt patterns, I've not come across any that work really well out of the package. I made mine off a woman's modified shirt pattern and went through 4 versions of an altered pattern to get the collar and v-neck correct. I started looking for a men's pattern, to make my base mate a shirt but then he ordered one from Todds to reduce my costume work list. That might get added back to my list now Smile
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladysolo14 wrote:
kman wrote:

I promise I have on my list of many things to do, is to scan my templates for my gunbelt. I just got a new printer/scanner as my other one broke, thus the delay.

As for shirt patterns, I've not come across any that work really well out of the package. I made mine off a woman's modified shirt pattern and went through 4 versions of an altered pattern to get the collar and v-neck correct. I started looking for a men's pattern, to make my base mate a shirt but then he ordered one from Todds to reduce my costume work list. That might get added back to my list now Smile

No worries, definitely not trying to add to your list. Smile You've been a great help with your awesome belt build tutorial thread! I have purchased pretty much everything I need, based on your lists, just have to finish this Jedi stuff before I can turn back to my Solo project. Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone get theirs yet? Looks like my order may not have been processed correctly somehow. I ordered back in July but when I went to check on the status of my order, I did not see it listed. My paypal payment did go through back on July 25 though. I am waiting to hear back from them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: