Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=062eff1e2eb1ed0a040b4a95e80e7471Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[New Standard] Luke Skywalker (The Force Awakens Version)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: [New Standard] Luke Skywalker (The Force Awakens Version) Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

The Costume Standards Committee has proposed the new standard about Luke Skywalker (The Force Awakens Version) NEW

Author: Herve Cotton (Heco-Wan Kenobi)

Debate time: 2 week

End Date: 08/08/2016

In this thread all members of the Detachment can contribute their ideas, suggestions and modifications

Luke Skywalker (The Force Awakens Version)

Author: Herve Cotton (Heco-Wan Kenobi)

REQUIREMENT:

Hair: Styled like in the movie, with beard. The beard has 2 white patches on each side as per reference photo.

Inner tunic: same style as ROTJ, but white/dirty white. mandarin collar, front panel. Note : the sleeves are done in 2 part: from the shoulder to the middle of the forearm, and from the forearm to the wrist. The wrist part have on each side a an invisible zipper that allow to open the sleaves.

Outer tunic: textured beige/cream, sleeveless, long tunic (+ or - reaching the ankle), it closes on the tummy, right on left.

Tabard: same texture as the outer tunic, but in a slightly lighter color. can be a scarf style, as long as the outer tunic

Obi : same fabric as the outer tunic, it is barely wider than the belt (maybe 1cm to 1/2 inch on top and bottom of the belt)

Belt : thick dark brown leather, with a single pouch (vertical, rectangular) on the right, an hexagonal buckle in old looking metal, there are 2 rivet eyelets on the left. the belt has horizontal lines marking the bottom and top.

Robes/cape : in a coarse texture, brown-gray/cafe au lait color. the cape has no visible sewing marks/seems, except at the hood. the hood is oversized and reach the
chest of the costumer. The cape is maintained on the shoulder by 2 white straps going below the arms of the costumer and they are tied/attached in his back. The cape is floor lenght and can be weathered with dark/black.

Pants : coarse textures, cream/beige color

Shoes : like in ANH, suede boots in a sand color, with wraps of relatively similar color. the wraps reach mid-calf

Mechanical/robotic hand: in weathered
silver color

OPTIONAL ITEMS:

Hair: Gray/mix gray hair(Fake hair can be used) or gray/mix gray spray for hair

Beard: Gray/mix gray beard (Fake hair can be used) or gray/mix gray spray for beard

Face: Some makeup can be applied to imitate eye bags, wrinkles and other age features as per reference photo

Images

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/old-luke_0f902e2f.jpeg
http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Jason_Ellenburg/media/Back%202_zpsm7udtcel.png.html
http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Jason_Ellenburg/media/Close%20Up%20-%20Copy_zpshlei4wkl.jpg.html
http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1189177/Luke_Skywalker_The_Force_Awakens.jpg

Tutorials:

Mechanical / Robotic Hand:

Tutorial By Herve Cotton

For the robotic hand, I found on internet a guy who did a "hand phone" (i.e. a glove that can be used as a phone, with the microphone in the pinkie, the speaker in the thumb, and number dials on each finger section). he offers for free download the 3D files for his glove. my friend printed it for me, but as my fingers are a bit too chubby for the glove, I had to trim them and finally glue everything on a black glove.

The effect is not bad, but I am waiting a bit as I have ordered a Rubies' Ultron latex pair of gloves. the design looks good, but I know Rubies always have huge sizes for their gloves, and it is possible that I wont be able to adjust them to my hand, or that it wont look good. if I really cant do anything with them, I will take my 3D printed pieces and re-glue them on a silver glove, that might look better.

Hexagonal buckle

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t571/Jason_Ellenburg/Buckle_zpsauo9nflg.png

Buckle is 63p high and 105p wide, which equates to 3"×5"

The left side is 32p, the right is 30p, which even out to 31p or 1½"

The top is 63p, the bottom is 61p, which equate to 62p or rounded to exactly 3".

Best Regards!
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

Batman 1701 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest the tabard may be the same color as the inner robe/ outer tunic, based on the Head to toe view of Luke. Lighting sometimes makes the tabards and robe look different colors.

Last edited by Batman 1701 () on Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Leroni (Leroni)
Suspended Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Herve for the cs, i know how hard it is to write it in details.

- "Inner tunic: same style as ROTJ, but white/dirty white...."
- Shoes : like in ANH, ....
I think it is important not to refer to another costume. Even if it is the same i think it is better to copy the full text. No CS should be addicted to another.

- Tabards
a very difficult situation.
it seems that the tabards are not the full length. they end at the shoulder and are fixed to the robe. i think that the robe didnt stay on its place. thats why they sewed robe and tabards. for me it also seems that the tabards have a strap that is fixed under the armpit.

the question is: should the standard follow the pictures of the film or the figure? to sew the costume and to wear it comfortable i think the standard should follow the figure.

at the figure the tabards are the same colour like the innertunik. the outertunik is a bit darker.

yours
Leroni
KJO DMerchOr 2015/2016
Wretched Hive DMerchO 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

Ackredies ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hair: Styled like in the movie, with beard. The beard has 2 white patches on each side as per reference photo. Agreed

Inner tunic: same style as ROTJ, but white/dirty white. mandarin collar, front panel. Note : the sleeves are done in 2 part: from the shoulder to the middle of the forearm, and from the forearm to the wrist. The wrist part have on each side a an invisible zipper that allow to open the sleeves. I believe that the fist part of this is correct but the cuffs are held with press studs/poppers as you can see the sideways creases the way the fabric sits rather than if it was a hidden zip which would cause the creases to run length ways

Outer tunic: textured beige/cream, sleeveless, long tunic (+ or - reaching the ankle), it closes on the tummy, right on left. Agreed

Tabard: same texture as the outer tunic, but in a slightly lighter color. can be a scarf style, as long as the outer tunic I believe that this is probably the hardest part as the colour is very subject to the way the light hits the costume. It looks lighter almost white at the very top but from the stomach area all the way down it appears to be the same colour as the rest of the robes.

Obi : same fabric as the outer tunic, it is barely wider than the belt (maybe 1cm to 1/2 inch on top and bottom of the belt) agreed

Belt : thick dark brown leather, with a single pouch (vertical, rectangular) on the right, an hexagonal buckle in old looking metal, there are 2 rivet eyelets on the left. the belt has horizontal lines marking the bottom and top. I think the buckle should be a hammered finish rather than just saying old as it is not flat. Also the horizontal lines are not just lines but another strip of leather attached to the belt giving it dimension rather than flat.

Robes/cape : in a coarse texture, brown-gray/cafe au lait color. the cape has no visible sewing marks/seems, except at the hood. the hood is oversized and reach the chest of the costumer. The cape is maintained on the shoulder by 2 white straps going below the arms of the costumer and they are tied/attached in his back. The cape is floor length and can be weathered with dark/black. I believe that this is correct, however as you can see from my ref below the cape is also stitched to the tabard to give it a further fixing point when he lifts the robe off you can see the pulling of the stitch

Pants : coarse textures, cream/beige color agreed

Shoes : like in ANH, suede boots in a sand color, with wraps of relatively similar color. the wraps reach mid-calf agreed but need to specify the soles same colour as the anh ones are darker than the boot so its same style but colours must match the robes

Mechanical/robotic hand: in weathered
silver color agreed but do we state that it can be glove or separate hand that is held invisibly somehow? and do we specify any detail as without detail of some level then a simple silver glove could be accepted

OPTIONAL ITEMS:

Hair: Gray/mix gray hair(Fake hair can be used) or gray/mix gray spray for hair agreed

Beard: Gray/mix gray beard (Fake hair can be used) or gray/mix gray spray for beard agreed

Face: Some makeup can be applied to imitate eye bags, wrinkles and other age features as per reference photo agreed

I have attached below several ref pics for the above where you can see the red and blue lines referring to the sections ive commented on above.

you can see where the colours change from lighter to match the inner robes here

above you can see the 4 different sections of robes that all look the same yet on number 2 you can see a lighter edge

here you can see the lighter tabard but I've highlighted the boots here as they are much darker than the films used ones as this is a pre production shot I'm not sure we can use as ref? no pic attached but the same with the hot toys figure the tabard is white so not sure on their sources but are we going for seen on screen appearance or actual costume off screen which is possibly a lighter tabard but not white. where is the cut off to the shade.

Here ive tried to show the shape of the belt from a side view to illustrate its not just lines but additional layer of leather.

here you can see the additional stich on the tabard holding the robe/cape in addition to the strap under the arm.
this pic also shows the cuff and the three points where the poppers or press studs hold it closed rather than a zip. ive circled it and three lines to the creases which I believe show this.
below I have added some ref shots of his hand that I have highlighted specific detail on that we could use to help get the hand as close as possible

Last edited by Ackredies () on Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ackredies ()
Active Legion Member

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

using the ref I gathered this is the Luke that I have put together so far, I'm showing these pics as a ref to what I mean to show how the light and details ive mentioned can affect the costume. as you will see the tabard changes colour in some of the pics to be lighter at the top and then match in colour further down.

and the hand showing the same colour lines to match the ref in previous post.

Elstree Base CO
Elstree Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowza thanks for the detailed info scott
KJO Council Member
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, your Old Luke is AMAZING Smile

Where did you get the boots?

What material did you use for the cloak?
Massiff Squadron CO

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
Ackredies ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philonius wrote:
Scott, your Old Luke is AMAZING Smile

Where did you get the boots?

What material did you use for the cloak?

Thank you that's very kind.

As this is a thread for the standards I'm not sure if we should be posting anything else other than about the standards so I shall PM you the details.

If the OP or admin believe the post is pertinent then of course I can add a reply in here.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of the opinion that the standards should include tips on where exactly (or what was the screen-used brands) to get things. That way it helps the costumer that much more, especially knowing if it's bang-on or not. I was running into this with the Resistance pilot suits.

But, if this isn't the way, a PM would be mucho appreciado Smile
Massiff Squadron CO

Rikh-Tar (Marcus)
German Base XO
German Base  XO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,
not sure, if I'm off-topic but... You are going to drive me crazy Shocked
Just started my TFA-Luke. As there are no standards yet, I did my best to match the reference pics. But:

Belt
The leather part of my belt is finished - yes, trying to imitate the ] shape Ackredies (great costume btw.) pointed out. I think it would pass - but I did it in the size my other Jedi belt is: 6 cm / 2,33 inches high. I am not a tall person, so I think this fits me well. From the ref-pics I suggest that the buckle is about the same hight as the belt. And I just found a friend who crafts the buckle for me: 2,33 inches high, 3,75 inches wide. So if we now state that the buckle has definetly to be 3 x 5, I just can throw my belt into the trash compactor.

Tabards
In almost every picture I(!) clearly see that the tabards are NOT the same colour as the outer tunic. Regardless of the lighting. I don't think it's even the same fabric.
So I finally found three kinds of fabric that - I am sure - would pass by simply comparing to the reference pics. But if we decide that tabards (as I am convinced: wrongly) must be of the same fabric as the OT I have another date with the compactor.

Pants
I think they're the same fabric and colour as the OT. Also the cloth strips at the bottom seem to me very similar. (That's what I bought the amount of fabric for.) So do we specify that issue in any direction (pants and strips must / may / must not match fabric and colour of the OT)?

Robe/Cape
If we state that it has "no visible sewing marks/seams, except at the hood", does that include there cannot be hemlines anywhere? Then we should allow the edges to be frayed.

Robot Hand
I would strongly suggest that we at least give the opportunity to let the robot hand be a glove (with stuff attached of course). If someone wants to make a seperate prop-hand, so be it. But to command by the standards that the costumer must not use his right (real) hand but only to hold the prop-hand I would have a real issue with. Also there may be another: If you hold the prop-hand with your real one (a) your right arm+"prop-hand" is much longer than the left one (which is definetly not screen accurate, for they substituted Mark Hamill's hand by a CG-robot-hand) or (b) to compensate that difference you would have to hold your right arm/hand in an unnatural manner. Which surely will cause muscular problems when doing so over a longer period of time. Hope you get my point Wink
So I would clearly plead to make it optional: glove or prop.

However, unfortunately I obviously have to stop my project now in order not to get in jeopardy that the costume will not meet the not-yet-ready but when-I'll-be-finished-ready standards. Sad

So let's please hurry up, so I can continue. When knowing what I have to be aware of. Thanks.
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may, I would like to give my take on the costume based on the dissections I have made regarding the various Blu-Ray images I have seen. In my dissection process, I’ve looked at a ripped frame-by-frame of Luke at 0.1 second intervals from the film, the behind-the-scenes videos, and other pictures released. This includes a couple of the Episode VIII images which use the same costume.

REQUIRED ITEMS:
Shirt: Fitted, white/off-white long-sleeve medium-to-heavy weight material shirt with mandarin-type collar and bib. Sleeves are approximately three-quarter length with a separate cuff that closes with three snaps/velcro patches along the seam. Shirt should extend to fingertip length with arms relaxed at side.

Trousers: Textured beige/cream color loose-fit trousers in the same material as the kimono, tabards, obi, and boot wraps.

Robe: Textured beige/cream color, sleeveless, reaching to just above the ankles in the same material as the trousers, tabards, obi, and boot wraps. Closes along the waistline, right over left. Lower side seams open to waist.

Stole: Textured beige/cream color flat-laying stole reaching to ankle length in the same material as the kimono, trousers, obi, and boot wraps. Optional: Sewn or snapped to outer tunic at outer side at the armpit. Stole can be natural colored.

Obi: Textured beige/cream color flat sash no more than 1” larger than belt (proportional to costumer) in the same material as the kimono, tabards, trousers, and boot wraps. Secures in the rear.

Belt: Brown leather belt with a single box pouch on the right side. Includes a pair of thinner straps sewn to the top and bottom of the belt. Has a hexagonal buckle with hammered metal finish. Includes a pair of rivets on the left side. Optional: Rivets can be used to hold an Original Trilogy-style saber clip under belt.

Cloak: Coarse brown material that falls to floor length. Includes an oversized hood that , when the hood is up, the sides of the hood drape to extend to or cover the shoulders. Includes white/off white opera straps that go under arms and tie around back. Optional: Sewn or snapped to stole at outer side at the armpit, over the stole’s sewn or snap to the robe.

Boots ANH-style boots. Tan ankle length shoes (no laces) – preferably suede or canvas, ankle to mid-calf height, sole color approximately same color as boot. Includes textured beige/cream color wraps up to mid-calf in the same material as the kimono, tabards, obi, and trousers. Optional: Can include expansion panels on sides of boots.

Hand: Weathered aluminum colored/plated glove or prosthetic prop.

Hair: Salt-and-pepper style and color similar to that seen in the movie. Includes beard. Can be real or fake (wig and/or beard prosthetic).

OPTIONAL ITEMS:

Lightsaber: Luke Skywalker ROTJ-style lightsaber.
German Base XO
German Base  XO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

I pretty much agree with Volund Starfire's proposals, because he leaves certain issues to "optional".
Here are some questions/comments:

Volund Starfire wrote:
Shirt: Fitted, white/off-white long-sleeve medium-to-heavy weight material shirt with mandarin-type collar and bib. Sleeves are approximately three-quarter length with a separate cuff that closes with three snaps/velcro patches along the seam.
How do we know? Why not let it be a hidden zipper, as long as the puller is pretty much invisible? Maybe we leave this as "optional".

Volund Starfire wrote:
Stole: ... the same material as the kimono, trousers, obi, and boot wraps. Optional: Sewn or snapped to outer tunic at outer side at the armpit. Stole can be natural colored.
I still totally disagree on that. If you wish to take a look at this pic. It's a commercial poster and shot it through the window of a local DVD-renting-shop. Even though the pic isn't very sharp (If you saw this in live you would be convinced, too, I assure you.) it's clear to me that the OT is not of the same fabric as the stole/tabard. The OT has this circle-/bubble-like texture. In the stole I don't see any of those, but more something like lines, going (in the pic) diagonally from lower left to upper right (or vice versa if you like).
But maybe you mean by "optional" that the color might differ from the OT?

Volund Starfire wrote:
Belt: ...
No exact measurements. I would appreciate this very much;) Maybe we want so specify that the height of the buckle should be at least the belt's height and should not exceed this to maybe half an inch (or so) in total.

Volund Starfire wrote:
OPTIONAL ITEMS:
This is a big spoiler! So he doesn't take the one that Rey presents him in the end of TFA Wink Maybe we then should add to the standards for Resistance-Rey: "Optional: lightsaber clip to hold D-ring" Wink I really hope to see that picture in Episode VIII!

New idea on Outer Tunic:
I think (excuse me if I am mistaken) we haven't talked about if the OT has a slit along each side, starting somewhere in the thigh area. If I look closely at this picture I see some evidence for that. The IT might flash through somehow - what makes me guess that there is a slit. Nevertheless there is no real evidence for a slit on this pic. But maybe it's only on the left? What do you think?
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been going over these, pondering, and staring at the pics too in anticipation of my own build on this (got the beard going already Smile ). Here's are a few initial comments/observations:

Rikh-Tar wrote:
Hello again,

I pretty much agree with Volund Starfire's proposals, because he leaves certain issues to "optional".
Here are some questions/comments:

Volund Starfire wrote:
Shirt: Fitted, white/off-white long-sleeve medium-to-heavy weight material shirt with mandarin-type collar and bib. Sleeves are approximately three-quarter length with a separate cuff that closes with three snaps/velcro patches along the seam.
How do we know? Why not let it be a hidden zipper, as long as the puller is pretty much invisible? Maybe we leave this as "optional".

I say optional on this too. Hell, if someone wanted to do Velcro, why not? As long as no closure or gap is visible. I do agree though, likely they used snaps.

The shirt/under tunic is definitely a white version of his RotJ one... looks like linen material to me, if you want to get specific, and Jedi DO tend to use all-natural fibers Smile

Quote:
Volund Starfire wrote:
Stole: ... the same material as the kimono, trousers, obi, and boot wraps. Optional: Sewn or snapped to outer tunic at outer side at the armpit. Stole can be natural colored.
I still totally disagree on that. If you wish to take a look at this pic. It's a commercial poster and shot it through the window of a local DVD-renting-shop. Even though the pic isn't very sharp (If you saw this in live you would be convinced, too, I assure you.) it's clear to me that the OT is not of the same fabric as the stole/tabard. The OT has this circle-/bubble-like texture. In the stole I don't see any of those, but more something like lines, going (in the pic) diagonally from lower left to upper right (or vice versa if you like).

I'm seeing three different colors/materials too. Different weights of linen would be my suggestion.

Quote:
Volund Starfire wrote:
Belt: ...
No exact measurements. I would appreciate this very much;) Maybe we want so specify that the height of the buckle should be at least the belt's height and should not exceed this to maybe half an inch (or so) in total.

Agreed, should be proportional to wearer's size. I came up with 3.5" myself for both belt and buckle width.

Quote:
Volund Starfire wrote:
OPTIONAL ITEMS:
This is a big spoiler! So he doesn't take the one that Rey presents him in the end of TFA Wink Maybe we then should add to the standards for Resistance-Rey: "Optional: lightsaber clip to hold D-ring" Wink I really hope to see that picture in Episode VIII!

I wouldn't go with a lightsaber until we've seen Episode VIII. We have no idea if he even touches a saber! Besides, saves spending $500+ on a Graflex or a RotJ Luke Smile

Quote:
New idea on Outer Tunic:
I think (excuse me if I am mistaken) we haven't talked about if the OT has a slit along each side, starting somewhere in the thigh area. If I look closely at this picture I see some evidence for that. The IT might flash through somehow - what makes me guess that there is a slit. Nevertheless there is no real evidence for a slit on this pic. But maybe it's only on the left? What do you think?

Slit? I assume you're talking about the arm holes for the "outer tunic", which its looking to me to actually be a really long vest, almost ankle-length. Yes, the arms of the shirt/under tunic are what you see under the cloak.

Speaking of Cloak, the construction looks to be very similar to the Prequel Jedi robe, except no gathers around the neck. The front edges look hemmed back and stitched down... not sure about the bottom edge, although my inclination would be to leave the bottom raw, with invisible basting stitches to keep it from unraveling too much. Leave about 2" to drag on the ground. Dip the bottom half in light dye to tint it.... Luke hasn't had access to a dry cleaner in a few years Smile
Massiff Squadron CO

Rikh-Tar (Marcus)
German Base XO
German Base  XO

Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philonius wrote:
Rikh-Tar wrote:
New idea on Outer Tunic:

Slit? I assume you're talking about the arm holes for the "outer tunic", which its looking to me to actually be a really long vest, almost ankle-length. Yes, the arms of the shirt/under tunic are what you see under the cloak.

No, I don't. I'm talking about the area in the red circle on this picture. For me, right next to Mark's thumb, we see a bit of the white undertunic (the one with the velcro/button/zipper-question). The color of this piece can't be the outer tunic/vest. In this area there should be less light than in the front, so the fabric should look darker. But it's way brighter than the OT/vest in the front. And where Mark's index finger would be if stretched the black might be an indication of a slit in the OT/vest, too.
Volund Starfire (Jason Ellenburg)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rikh-Tar wrote:

I was wrong with my original information. Until I saw the blu-ray and the high detail images, I did not see the pulling of the three points on each wrist. You can see the material bowing up between the three points. They could be snaps or velcro, but they are definitely not a zipper. At the same time, I was wrong about it being a folded-under cuff. The things we see in high detail on a HDTV/computer monitor.

Rikh-Tar wrote:

It’s actually not a different material. It’s the “wrong side” of the same material. That’s why it has a slightly different texture, but has the exact same drape and color. As I did say, it can be an option to be a different color (as with the figure). Your pictures are good and just show that the stole is cut on a different grain and/or is the reverse of the material of the outer tunic.

Rikh-Tar wrote:

Actually, I specified the obi can be no more than an inch larger than the belt, depending on body size. I only spelled it out because being too vague leaves it open to some radical interpretations.

Rikh-Tar wrote:
This is a big spoiler! So he doesn't take the one that Rey presents him in the end of TFA ;) Maybe we then should add to the standards for Resistance-Rey: "Optional: lightsaber clip to hold D-ring" ;) I really hope to see that picture in Episode VIII!

When Rey presents the lightsaber to Luke, she is not shown with a lightsaber clip on her belt. Instead, she pulls it out of her bag. In the leaked vid and a couple of the leaked pictures, it shows Rey as wielding the lightsaber that she offered to Luke. It stands to reason that Luke would have the same saber from the end of ROTJ (which he is seen wielding with Rey next to a big tree).

Quote:
I think (excuse me if I am mistaken) we haven't talked about if the OT has a slit along each side, starting somewhere in the thigh area. If I look closely at this picture I see some evidence for that. The IT might flash through somehow - what makes me guess that there is a slit. Nevertheless there is no real evidence for a slit on

As you can see from the pictures, there is definitely a separation between the back panel of the robe and the front panels.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: