Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0a481035822d82e1737f42949014784cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

07/30/2016 - Fire Up A Cure - Chicago 60655

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(0)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
gjhowardWed Jul 27, 2016 4:39 pm
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: 07/30/2016 - Fire Up A Cure - Chicago 60655 Reply with quote

Hello Rebels. I've taken over coordinating the Fire Up A Cure fundraiser event for pediatric cancer research this past week, as our original EC had to back out, and the event has gone dormant on our boards. I have one week to try and get some bodies there, and I think the MWG folks who are available that day are already committed to other events.

Fire Up A Cure is a games competition for firefighters, who have teams collecting donations for their participation in the event. My own fire department has a team going to the event, which is what prompted me to take over coordinating.

With one week to go, I'm reaching out to you all, in hopes some may be interested and available. Details of the event are listed below (copied from the MWG forums). I will update here if anything arises.

Thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Contact Name: Patti
Contact Phone Number: (708) 254-8987
Contact Email: nursepatti01@comcast.net

Event Name: Fire Up A Cure
Venue: Saint Xavier University
Venue address: 3700 W 103rd Street
Chicago, IL 60655

Event Start: July 30, 2016 - 11:00a
Event End: July 30, 2016 - 5:00p
Please arrive by 10am to get dressed and ready, and stay as long as you are able

Event Website: www.fireupacure.com

Expected number of attendees: 1500
Requested number of characters: NO LIMIT
Requested character types: Any
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Blasters/Weapons: No restrictions...blasters and sabers welcome
Food/Drink: Lunch will be provided for our Troopers, and there are other vendors available to supplement

Comments: The Cure It Foundation hosts Fire Up A Cure (5th annual) where teams of firefighters compete against each other in a series of events to raise money and awareness for pediatric cancer.

Referred by: Huge Star Wars fan; Work at Advocate Children's Hospital where your group has visited my oncology patients in the past.

Update 4/1/2016: Paul "Sarlacc" made contact with Patti and waiting to hear back. More info coming soon.

Update 4/1/16 Part 2: Patti is excited to have us, there will be a secure changing area for us.

Update 7/22/2016: From Nurse Patti: We had planned for the Garrison to arrive around 11am. Parking is free and is located in the front of St. Xavier - you can't miss it. There are several rooms for your troop to utilize and get ready in and prepare. We will provide free lunch to your troop as well. Otherwise there are food vendors if needed. We had planned for the troop to just be present - we have 2 gyms and an outside parking lot for the event for pictures, etc. We had also planned to do a small side fundraiser - "be a Stormtrooper" or something? Where kids can pay a couple bucks to shoot/chase. Paul had also mentioned being present for most of the day. There is no limit on amount of characters present. -- With the likely limited amount of persons available for this troop, we'll be proposing the target blasting game, in lieu of the "Blast-a-Trooper" game. I'm confirming our troop time start of 11a, or if we're to arrive at 11a, then troop when we're ready.

Update 7/22/2016, pt. 2: From Nurse Patti: I think time table is really whatever works for you guys. The plan was to be ready, out and about at 11am, but we're VERY flexible. The competitions start around 11, so that's why we said that time, but it really was just about having you guys there that mattered.

Update 7/29/2016: From Nurse Patti: The teams usually check-in around 10am, teams are announced/introduced around 11:15, there will be 2 scholarship presentations to 2 of our patients during that time, along with the singing of the National Anthem. Competitions start shortly after all that. Your team is free to do whatever you like - there are 2 gyms, one for the competitions, one for the kids where all the activities take place. There is also a parking lot where the truck pull takes place, and where the food vendors, bounce houses, etc. are located. So kids and people are everywhere, and we average about 1200 attendees each year.

Patti will be running around that day but will be readily available to us. When we arrive, she'll show us to our changing room space. Lunch will be provided if we are planning to be there that long.

Update 7/29/2016, Pt. 2: From Nurse Patti: There are 2 possible rooms for you guys to get ready in - one is usually locked throughout the day, but that gets annoying since only a few people hold the keys... I suggest only bringing essential items, that way no room for anything to happen but in 5 years nothing has even happened. That room is kinda tucked away and very secure.

Last edited by Avatar190 (Mike Dickinson) on Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bumping this up to keep it in your minds...I would really appreciate the help if you could.

My cell phone is 815-405-1901, just shoot me a text/call if you're coming.

You really want to come to this event...
gjhoward ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in!
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Greg. Looking forward to meeting you!
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of updates...hopefully see some of you tomorrow...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: