Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3d0bec01e32550d387146e10f34a3743Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Sasha's "Liberty" Senate Gown Build (TCW Variant)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sashadechagny ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Sasha's "Liberty" Senate Gown Build (TCW Variant) Reply with quote

Hello!

I usually don't post to forums as I'm an old person who knowledge of technology is limited to Google and Instagram... but now is better than never so here we go!

I've wanted to build Padme's Purple Senate Dress from Ep. III for some time now; however, I only have enough suede in my stock for something smaller, so I figured I can practice on her TCW variant before going in and making the full length gown.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/S72X32uAsz5hhVnr6

As this is significantly quite different from the gown in Ep. III, I will be using the CRL sparingly and applying the information that is relevant to my work. However, where it differs I will likely be using dozens of screenshots to cross reference colour and shape.

I will also likely be creating the burn out pattern and applying it to the velvet for the skirt myself so we shall see how that goes.... It will definitely be an adventure.

-- Sasha. <3
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Assistant Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be exciting! I think I saw someone at Celebration who did this variant, but I didn't catch their name.

If you find it helpful, we put together a gallery of some images of the TCW variant on the RLGS web site: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/padme-amidala-the-clone-wars-purple-senate-gown/

I also believe Ritin Kornas made a free 3D print file of the hair piece in the TCW style, if you have access to a printer. I can't seem to find it now, but I'll ask him if he still has it somewhere.

In planning and progress:
Summer Dreams Padmé, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden, Saché, TOR Jedi

ALMO | RLGS Web Team | She/Her
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes, that is much different from the movie one. Smile Shorter skirts and a slimmer profile. I look forward to seeing this done.

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

sashadechagny ()

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your enthusiasm! I do look forwards to patterning this out and starting work on it alongside my other current builds! <333

I'm definitely looking at how I'm going to be tackling the front tabard as it does not seem to be anything like the one seen in Ep. III. It seems flatter and more a defined pattern than simply the crinkle scarves which extend down from the wrap??? I could be completely interpreting the animation wrong however... Confused Confused Confused
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I agree with you; it's very different from the movie one. I would definitely be sticking to TCW references first and using the movie ones as secondary references.

SongofAmazon (Jenna)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the tabbard, it moves like heavy animated fabric. I think you could get away with beading, painting, embroidery or adding rows of ribbon trim to get that pattern.

Summer Dreams Padmé, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden, Saché, TOR Jedi

sashadechagny ()

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for confirming this for me!

I'm thinking possibly a thick strip of piping down the middle could be an option as well... it might keep it a bit more stable.

It also appears to be attached to the bodice of the dress down to the waist -- in which I think snaps might be my good friend in accomplishing this...?

https://www.cap-that.com/starwars/clone-wars/605/images/clone-wars6x05_0960.jpg

<333 Sasha.
SongofAmazon (Jenna)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. It does follow her torso down to her waist. Snaps or hidden hooks and eyes could accomplish that well while still letting the lower part "wiggle" free.

Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes. This will be fun to follow considering how many chances there are compared to what they took inspiration from. Smile

Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sasha! Good luck for your costume!

As Jenna mentionneD, I indeed 3D modelled the head piece from the movie. You can find the model here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3506484

Note however that there are a few differences with the one from TCW! If most are tiny details which would probably not matter for a validation, there is a major difference on the center part and hole for the hair to loop around :s

That being said, I could definitely motivate myself to finally do the clone wars version which I'ld said I would do when I published the movie one Razz

I have also always been interested in modelling the brooches, they have an interesting design, and the pattern although tiny, is something that would not be too complicated to make Smile So I could do that as well, starting by the clone wars version which is simpler and as details less tiny.
The now "easy" access to a resin printer, which is necessary to get all the details, at least for the movie version, is an additional motivation to finally do it Smile

Let me know if those models could be useful for you Wink
sashadechagny ()

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I would be very interested in 3D prints of the headdress and brooches! Thank you so much for the offer!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you in this!

All the best,

Sasha.
naberrie ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So excited to watch your build progress, super interesting costume and I’m sure it’ll look beautiful when done!

Best of luck, and help is always available here if needed further : D
Member; RAID, UCGR, KJO, RLGS.
they/them/she/hers
bekahsoka ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is so awesome seeing people working on Clone Wars versions of Padme costumes!! They are the best and I'm excited to see more progress on this!

Seems like Jenna and Lora have given amazing advice so far. Luckily for animated costumes you have some leeway on how to create the looks/build of the costume.

Again can't wait!! Amadalia

RLGS DCO: 2020-2021
Legion Costume Judge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: