Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6e5732d528fcd80759db00486145db69Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ANH Senatorial Leia WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladysolo14 ()
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject: ANH Senatorial Leia WIP Reply with quote

This won't be too much of WIP as I've pretty much already finished the dress and wanted to get some feedback on it. I actually found making the dress to be more difficult than I anticipated between the material and then the self lining. Below is what I have so far, please ignore the belt as I know it's not approvable. I bought it as a "stand in" and it's a touch too big on me. I'll be making the real one out of leather.

I'm also curious if the boots I have are approvable. I'm not in love with them and will be constantly looking for something better without breaking the bank.

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all looking pretty good! As long as your boots don't have anything funny going on in the back, I think those will work.

I think your buns would benefit from a little flattening, if you can, so that they don't stick out so far, but are wider on your head.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site

ladysolo14 ()

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SongofAmazon wrote:
It's all looking pretty good! As long as your boots don't have anything funny going on in the back, I think those will work.

Thanks for the feedback Smile The boots pretty much look the same in the back as the front and side.

SongofAmazon wrote:

I think your buns would benefit from a little flattening, if you can, so that they don't stick out so far, but are wider on your head.

Yeah, I'm still working on mastering the buns. Just have to keep practicing. I'll probably switch over to something predone like I've seen other people do. Right now I'm attaching extensions to my own hair and rolling them every time and it's hard to get right each time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: