Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d22e3325d62eef5c4a2888d55aa91c01Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Senate guard blaster references

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tk2707 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Senate guard blaster references Reply with quote

Greetings to all, I'm Mirko from the italian base. I'm approaching the senate guard costume (Ep 3 with ceremonial rifle), and I need your advice concerning the ceremonial blaster. I wonder if someone has good reference pictures of the real prop as there are really few pictures of it in the internet. My doubt is on the shape of the connectors between the main silver parts. If I have to "believe" the pictures of the presumed real costume, I should say the parts are connected by a single tube - see below.

If I consider some fan made props (i.e. woodchuck), the connectors seems to be made of one main tube and two small batons on the side - see below.

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice on this!!!
Cheers, Mirko
Cardinal ()

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciao Mirko!

Too bad that no one (better than me) is replying, it's a very interesting topic you're touching here.
Haven't seen any real prop myself, but as you said yourself from the costume pictures there seems to be no small side batons - only the main black "tube" of the rifle.
Indeed I see the little ones everywhere, even in the shapeways files for the blaster and in the gentle giant statue. So I can't be sure Sad

O.T.
Non so se hai visto il mio topic, ma sono anch'io italiano e vorrei attrezzarmi per lo stesso costume... se vuoi/puoi, mi piacerebbe chiacchierare in privato con te a riguardo Smile dato che sei un membro della 501st legion, sono sicuro che hai esperienza da condividere!
Ritin Kornas ()
Swiss Outpost CO
Swiss Outpost CO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tk2707!

That's a good question for the blaster barrel. I have seen pictures with 2 small side barrels, 6 of them (version I did), no side barrel, larger central smaller radius barrel, kind of square barrel for the back part...
Lots of things, sometimes difficult to know what is movie and what is fan builds. You also have the toys :p

What I can say for sure is that there are at least 2 blaster version in the movie... and I would say even 3 because in ep1 the belt is fabric clearly and in episode 3 it's clearly rubber. Also if you looks to the toys there are 2 versions.

On the pictures you post, only 1 central small rod for the barrel.
On this pic coming from this topic http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53463

You see there is not only one.

In facts, senate guard also have a force pike Smile
[img]http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/databank_senateguard_01_169_a1b3755e.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=768[/img]

Personally, during my build https://get.google.com/albumarchive/106167927528037966982/album/AF1QipOOsSlBGTb7S5jjURHG1ndayNXlIGZY-NEfLyPL/AF1QipNng9auhC62PMcpGEmD4K2ROLTA6c-x7B76HJdk

I based on the only good pictures able to be find at that time few years ago. Which is this one
[img]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/f6/1blasterrifle.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070408130328[/img]
It is supposed to be from official source as it is supposed to be from Episode 1 Insider's Guide. I don't have this book unfortunately, but I would be really thanksful to anybody with it, who could confirm the source of this picture Smile
On this pictures you can see the 6 barrel I mentionned. There are more than 2 sides barrels, or they would not appear the same size like there. That's why I decided to do the 6barrels version, which seems more logical and elegant to me, and stronger too. But back in 2010 (wowo 6 years already !) I struggle a lot too to deter,ine the structure.

I know I still have all the measurement I took... somewhere, if I find them again, I will for sure share them here. But I will I will just measure my rifle and start all of it again.

My senate guard is old and in poor condition, helmet as cracks and rifle is damaged with all those events as it's wood. I really like this costume but don't got much time. However, definetely I will spend some time soon to improve all the parts, the helmet, the black plumes and do a new blaster. My plan is to model it and then print it in 3D. We can see together to agree on an "accurate" shape to define, and I can prin extra blasters for others, free of charge (means only cost of plastic (ABS) and shipping from Switzerland).

Hope that is helping you Smile

Have a nice day

Thibaut
tk2707 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Thibaud! as I had no answer before, I've chosen the 6 barrels version too. Also because I'm doing the Ep III version - the one with no hair crest and with visor - and from one picture of the movie I found here it seems the rifle has them!
I hope to finish everything in the next few weeks, struggling with an helmet which was a fan made one (from a royal guard) with so many problems (missing parts, bubbles etc) that I was about to quit!
Many thanks again,
Mirko
Ritin Kornas ()
Swiss Outpost CO
Swiss Outpost CO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome ! As I said, My aim is to redo my senate guard, including the blaster (cause the wood of my first one took some bad hit :s), and I'm aiming to model an d3D print the new blaster for it to be light and sturdy ! With a metal core in the metal for more strength.

Cheers,
Show us progress on your costume Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: