Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=280013b1e66c8bd6486352c80b7be7abMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Slave Leia - Almost Ready to Submit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmyLeia ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject: Slave Leia - Almost Ready to Submit? Reply with quote

Hello finally!

My husband GearsMcT (Tom) has been getting lots of info for my slave Leia (or as I call it, my Jabba-slayer Leia Slave Leia...he's so going to get it!!).

All the advice has been so amazing and while I've read every word, time was tight so Tom's been doing the replying, but I just wanted to say thanks!

EDIT: Application was submitted Midnight Pacific!

Quote:
OK...think it's getting close to being done. Last night we got it all together for the first time and took some quick shots, so thought I'd post links to them here in case anyone wants to give some advice on what I can do to up my chances of approval and give the judges what they need.

* Just realized I'm three links short of a chain (in more ways than one Smile )...only had one link in at the time, but I've got 3 more like it for when I submit...I swear!

* My boot toppers might be a little high. I think Tom posted pics and there was some advice about that so I heated the toppers and bent them down and around a bit, but not sure if it's enough. Hope it's close because already getting hard to crouch down in these already! Smile

* Thinking my skirt panels might be a bit long, but not sure!

* On my bra strap gold teardrop things, a little copper is showing at the bottom...fixing that!

*Suede-ish material - looks so much greener in the pics...in person they're a muted olive under CFL, dark taupe in sunlight.

On to the pics!

EDIT: NEW PICS

Changed out the pre-approval tests for small versions of the actual submissions.

Full:

Strap detail:

Boots & Bra detail:

Hair (the bun is huuugee and I think I forgot to remove a hair clip that's visible!)

Metal detail:

Neck detail:

Vibro-axe detail:

Straps ref...Tom wasn't so sure about my double leather strap on the bottoms, so he pulled some ref images:

Any feedback appreciated and thanks a million for all the info so far!

Amy

Last edited by AmyLeia () on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is so gorgeous!! Smile

I used to be a Slave Leia costume judge before I become a member of the Legion council, and your costume looks great!

I'm so glad you went with the olive suedes. Very nice. I've been watching Tom's build and you guys made excellent modifications to the Leia's Trooper kit.

Your boot tops do look about an inch lower than the photo in Tom's build thread, good job!

And you are correct about the chain, back when I was a judge, the chain had to have at least four links. However, I am no longer on the judging team, so if you have any questions, ask our royalty judges: Beth Thornton, Jenna Heavenrich, Dawn Bright, and Lora Skywalker. They are the best to ask for any further questions and advice on your costume!

Good luck on your submission! Smile
AmyLeia ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Liz. That means a lot to me!

Bump for new pics in the previous post. Replaced the test photos with small version of the finals. Submitted my application not moments ago! Fingers crossed. I'm so happy to finally be at this point!

Yay!
GearsMcT ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, honey!
It's been a long road with lots of hard work and I'm so glad you've made it this far. One more step to go!

I love you with all my heart.
Tom
AmyLeia ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I'm very happy to say that I've been approved (happened a little while ago, but have been chained to the sewing machine when I'm not at work)!

Really can't thank everyone enough for all the help, comments and encouragement and to Jenna for taking the time to review my submission!

Now here's hoping I can get a sandstorm cloak finished in the next few days so I don't freeze in the UK! Very Happy

-AmyLeia!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: