About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0da790616bdb605ce8ada7bd512feb8dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Warning about San Fran SFSW Group

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabooty_Call ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: Warning about San Fran SFSW Group Reply with quote

Hey everyone, this is Brian, your fellow RL member from the Star Base, aka Nabooty_Call.

Just wanted to give you a heads-up regarding the SFSW group. 

Judging from what I've read over the past couple days, I would not trust them.

They've been operating in a pretty two-faced manner, trying to get away with things on the FanForce boards while insulting the group as a whole and individuals in a pretty childish fashion on their local club forum.  I'll send you a link if you like, but it's fairly explicit, and against their own site's supposed rules...

What makes this potentially affect the Rebel Legion is that several of their members have been explicitly bad-mouthing our fellow Rebel, Obey Wann, without even knowing the guy...so, if you run into them, be on your guard.

And if you know anyone who's a SFSW member, I'm usually a peacemaker, and tried to log in to their board to find out what's really behind all this, but was not allowed to post and had my profile changed to show some offensive info...

I'd still like to get this resolved, but in the meantime wanted to warn everyone. 

Thanks,

Brian

Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Warning about San Fran SFSW Group Reply with quote

I've met a lot of the main characers from both the SFSW and the South Bay group and we've had quite a few successful joint events over the years.

They're definitely a lively bunch, esp. the SF crowd who are mostly in their early 20's and are into partying, beer, bars etc. big time.

For those interested here's their forum, but he warned they do tend to use some colorful language at times.

http://www.sfswboards.com

Here's the thread from Jenn (the club press) explaining why they split of from Fan Force. Really doesn't say much, but it gives some background.

http://www.sfswboards.com/index.php?t=msg&th=24&start=0&rid=34

It also looks like Jenn has been banned from FF and the Bay Area forums will be deleted very soon. [Sad]

http://www.sfswboards.com/index.php?t=msg&th=209&start=0&rid=34

Take care

Chris

Nabooty_Call ()

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:17 am    Post subject: Warning about San Fran SFSW Group Reply with quote

Their "Name the Club" thread makes for interesting reading. 

http://www.sfswboards.com/index.php?t=msg&th=108&start=0&rid=&S=3b0e45322c242d50dbacccd91e7d5795

It's fine to have a non-family-friendly group, but to masquerade as a wholesome group so you can talk smack about others is not cool in my book.

From what I've heard about them, otherwise they're a fun bunch...hope they are more up-front about things off the boards, though, because I'm usually a pretty fun guy to be around, and will watch your back, like Obey Wann and all the other FF staff I've met.

LOL, and they may want to get their facts straight before doing any more name-calling...instead of being "The Man," most of the FanForce staff are ladies who definitely don't fit their narrow-minded stereotype!

Feel free to contact me with any questions, and Happy Holidays!

Brian

Explicit ()

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:36 am    Post subject: Warning about San Fran SFSW Group Reply with quote

Woah-oh here we come.... watch out everyone, we'll tear you up!

Woah-oh here we come.... we are TheMan-eaters!!!

Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: Warning about San Fran SFSW Group Reply with quote

Hi All

I realize there is some overlap in membership, but can we please keep this discussion over on the TFN FF and SFSW forums.

Personally, I'm here to enjoy myself and do not want to get into the politics of other groups.

Thanks

Chris
Endor Base Commander

Nabooty_Call ()

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: Warning about San Fran SFSW Group Reply with quote

Will do.  Usually I don't run around crying about politics, just wanted to give you a heads-up.

Thanks,

Brian

Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: Warning about San Fran SFSW Group Reply with quote

Thank you

Take care

Chris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: