Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4658802d677da41be114f482d18a6b8eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hello from Wyevale- aka no mans land

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kellyknight ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Hello from Wyevale- aka no mans land Reply with quote

Hello Guys

We meet at Niagara comic con on the Friday.

I'm hoping to get my Hera Syndulla approved soon. Just working on getting her better gloves. fixed her shirt and hoping to either find gloves or make them. (anyone know of a pattern or where to get gloves ?) I'd like to be able to go out to the hospitals. I got lucky that both my boys where healthy . We just learnt that my 4 year old niece has cancer . So i'd love to be able to go and cheer up the kids . I'm also willing to help out at any event you guys need help with. In costume or out of costume.

I'm not new to cosplay. Been doing it since Toronto trek 3. (around 25 years ago )My first cosplay there was a Jedi knight and now I make costumes for my kids and pets. lol

As for me I'm a Mom with 2 older boys , we have 4 horses and I cosplay with my paint mare Bailey . Working on making her a Ghost cosplay for our local fall fair parade.

Well that me in a nut shell.
kathgruben ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome Kellyknight!

I am also working on a Hera costume, and purchased my gauntlet gloves here:
http://www.leathermystics.com/gauntlets/gauntlets.html

I got them in dark chocolate brown to meet the costume standard requirement. Let me know if you have questions, and be sure to look over the various Hera WIP threads over in the Fringe section.

While we do visit hospitals from time to time, there are many other events that we attend that are also super fun for kids, so there will be many opportunities through the year to get out and bring smiles to kids and parents alike.

Good luck with your build! Smile
Past (Audrey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Kellyknight!

I'm always excited when I see fellow Star Wars Rebels cosplayers arround c: Hope to meet you at an event at some point!

Do you have any pictures of your current costume? I'm curious to see how it looks so far.

If you want more in depth feedback and advices, you could always try making a WIP board. People are very useful and you'll get a bit more visibility this way! The gloves kathgruben linked seem like a good match (and the price is pretty good for the quality)
Kellyknight ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the warm welcome.
Sorry it took me a bit to comment . It's Haying season here and we just put 5000 bales in the barn. So it's been nuts here .

I have pictures from Anime North and Yeti con. I will post them as soon as I can . I'm just fixing the head phone piece now and finishing building Chopper for Fan expo . Just need to figure out how to get them on here.
Headshots ()

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KellyKnight, home town for me is Midland so not that far away. Don't live here now but am down for a visit with the family.
Kellyknight ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey so sorry . We are on limited internet or was on limited . So it was hard to get on here. Tonight at Rogue one movie, I will get pictures of what I have done so far for Hera.

I got new gloves and my friend is going to 3d her goggles and ear piece for me. With luck. This will be ready for Toronto Comic con. I'm now working on her season 3 outfit. my orange was too orange so hoping to find the right material in the new year.

Head shot if your around midland for the holidays let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: