Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=73514648ae0839f2dbd631dab9a9ab04Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Qui-Gon Jinn Lightsaber?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taih ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Qui-Gon Jinn Lightsaber? Reply with quote

Can you point me in the direction of a Qui-Gon Jinn lightsaber?

I saw one at Iltrafirhe, but it doesn't have the cutouts in the back.

Saberforge has one, but in reading this forum they have a bad company rap -and a 10-12 week wait.

This will be my first lightsaber!
jcrab3t ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at Ultrasabers? ultrasabers.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, sorry. the mess of letters above was supposed to be Ultrasabers. silly phone. the back of there's is missing the cutouts. Sad
lgtsbr ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrasabers and Saberforge are both VERY oversized in my opinion.

Try Korbanth on FX Sabers, I don't know if he has any left of the Qui, it is a nice replica as I had one but sold it to upgrade. He is a reseller for Parks, so Parks is also an option......

Which brings me to Khal and KR Sabers on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/krsabers/ - I bought one of his Deep Groove Qui Gon Sabers, it is AWESOME. The Deep Grooves are screen accurate. I know he is currently sold out but he may be doing another run, gotta ask him and see

Dave
Taih ()

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave. I tried looking up your suggestions, but I must admit to being very very confused. I think I'll end up with simething cheap until I get a better idea of all these lightsaber options. Maybe I'm just overwhelmed. i do agree that the hilts from ultrasabers and saberwhatevers seemed too large for my hand, even before you mentioned it.
lgtsbr ()

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no need to be overwhelmed or confused, I've been there and I'm glad to help. Here is the direct link to Korbanth (Randy) on FX Sabers:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?board=84.0

or, you can email him at korbanth47@gmail.com and ask if he has any more QG1 left in stock. Randy is a GREAT guy, if he has any, he will hook you up. I think they were under $200 when he sold them.

Def send a message to Khal @ KR Sabers, if he does another run of deep groove Qui hilts, don't hesitate, they are super nice and installable for light and sound.

You can also put a WTB (want to buy) thread in the sale section here, might turn one up. Otherwise, you can try some of the facebook lightsaber groups, they might have one someone is selling:

Elite Lightsaber Society - https://www.facebook.com/groups/190917724397776/

The Vault: A Custom Lightsaber Community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1553748611608080/

Good bet if there is one out there, it will be in one of those 2 groups

Dave
Taih ()

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Sounds like KR Sabers might make more at the end of the month. Now I must learn patience...
lgtsbr ()

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taih wrote:
Thanks! Sounds like KR Sabers might make more at the end of the month. Now I must learn patience...

If he is making more, grab one. It is a real nice piece. I got mine with the movie style blade plug, since it was going on display anyway, well worth the extra money

I hope it works out for you Smile

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: