Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=18bacde243973096948c6b5d8bda329cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

1/13-15/17; MarsCon; Williamsburg
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (6)

(3)

(3)

User Registered Confirmed
Jon-Ari_KenobiThu Jun 09, 2016 7:43 pmThu Jun 09, 2016 7:44 pm
Ami-Lyn KelMon Jun 20, 2016 3:12 pm
Mnt33rSun Aug 14, 2016 10:55 pm
Colt45Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:04 am
twilekjediWed Nov 30, 2016 5:05 am
JATSU-AIKITue Jan 17, 2017 2:48 am
Benaiah AbishaiWed Jun 08, 2016 5:16 pm
Bouri-PlwelMon Jul 11, 2016 1:54 am
Sol Kar PloonTue Nov 29, 2016 6:53 am
PunishaTue Dec 06, 2016 7:47 pm
Npask82Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:20 am
ShivanndFri Jan 06, 2017 4:08 pm
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject: 1/13-15/17; MarsCon; Williamsburg
Event starting Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:00 am for 3 days

Marscon has granted us both a table and 6 free badges for the convention, I need the names and emails of those 6 people by DECEMBER 15TH in order to get those free badges, otherwise it will be full price at the door.

*I would prefer to see the free badges to go to those who will be attending and meeting one of the following:

- Staying for the whole con Friday - Sunday (starts at like 1pm Friday and ends around 3pm Sunday approximately, exact hours to be released)

- Traveling more than 50 miles to get to the Con

- Staying at the hotel

If we don't have 6 people of those then the remaining free badges will be given to those that will get the most use out of them.

After those 6 the rest will be given a 50% discount of 25.00 for the convention, I ALSO need the names and emails of those people BY DECEMBER 15TH in order to get the discount rate, otherwise its full price at the door. These members will be sent a paypal invoce by the Con which they can use to pre-purchase their badges to skip the registration line at the Con.

As for the table we have 1 table, as they claim they have limited space this year, so we'll see what we got space wise when we get there.

So please hurry and get me your emails and full names if you don't have them displayed anywhere, thank you!

Those On the Green and BLue lists (save Npask82) as far as I know will get free badges

http://www.marscon.net/

Doubletree by Hilton / Williamsburg Convention Center:

50 Kingsmill Road
Williamsburg, Virginia 23185

MarsCon is really hoping for a good turnout from all the major Star Wars costuming groups this upcoming year.

You can keep checking here:

http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/W/WBGKRDT-MAS-20170112/index.jhtml

*I may have 1 room available at the host hotel, possibly 2. It will depend on my other involvements in MarsCon itself (DJ, etc.), and my health as well if I deem staying on site to be the best option to avoid things like getting up unnecessarily early in order to make sure the table is up on time, battling the parking situation, and so forth.

Other Hotels nearby:

Courtyard by Marriott: (As of 6/6/16; rates do fluctuate)

Advance Prepay rate: $85.00/night (nonrefundable)

AAA Rate: $99.00/night (cancelable)

Standard Rate: $109.00/night (cancelable)

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phfwb-courtyard-williamsburg-busch-gardens-area/

(There will be a Holiday Inn Express next to that Courtyard soon but its not finished being renovated from a Quality Inn.)

However, if we get enough people signing up to attend coming from a distance, I might be able to work with the vice-chairman to do something about that.

This is a typical hotel-based convention, they would be open to anything we can offer them from costumed members, table, photoshoot/backdrop area, panels, programming, etc.

This is a con that REALLY wants to pull out the red carpet for us.

So if we show up and show out, they'll definitely notice it and start to give us more flexibility and even preferential treatment! My last talk with the vice-chair, nothing was out of the realm of possibility!

I have 2 spare rooms reserved at the host hotel (doubletree) one is a King Bed for the span of the con (Fri-Sun) the other is a Double which currently runs from Thursday to Monday, if anyone wants them let me know. I will cancel these rooms by January 9, 2017.

The double may be able to be shortened if you call the hotel directly. There are also King/single bed rooms still available at the convention rate!

Last edited by Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre) on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, if you end up not being able to make it and need anything brought up from any other members down here on the southside, let me know and we can arrange to meet before the con.

Is there anyone you want me to contact about the other table runner down here?
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a good possibility we'll be able to make this in 2017.

DoubleTree rooms are back open, BTW. $74/night. Went ahead and reserved a room although I won't be able to confirm our attendance until closer to January.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is still too far out for me to know if I can attend or not

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, the con has been coordinating with me in efforts to make sure we do not fall into the short notice trap again this year.

I did mention to them about the hotel issue and in future cons they will do their best to give me enough heads up when the block is going to open so there is at least time to do something about it.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an bump and an update there are rooms at the host hotel available right now, just King / singles but its something!

twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For planning purposes, are there any complimentary badges with this or should we expect to secure our own entries? If we are to buy our own badges, do you know how much a single day pass for Saturday would be? Trying to decide if it would be worth getting a weekend pass or a single day especially if we purchase on site. Thanks!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At present I am aiming to get us badges for those who are on either the maybe list and the confirmed attending list.

Last year they had no problems giving us badges I had a whole stack of unused ones last year.

I'm sure they will make sure all attending members are taken care of.

If I hear other wise I will post immediately.

twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks John!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Npask82 (Nick Pasquariello)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up as a maybe especially if I can find someone from NoVA that I can ride with
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants to ride up with me from Hampton Roads, let me know. As far as I know, I'm available for both Saturday and Sunday.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Important update in the initial post!

Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down for either or both days, depending on your needs there.
Mnt33r (Dave Chapman)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know the hours for the con? I tried to find them on the website but had no luck.

I''ll definitely be going for one full day, maybe two if I get the final chapter of my thesis finished by then--my draft thesis is due that weekend. Which day would you prefer to have the Wookiee show up, Sat or Sun?

Chappie

501st:
Biker Scout
Imperial Line Officer
AT-AT Commander
ESB Darth Vader

Last edited by Mnt33r (Dave Chapman) on Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday is the big day of any weekend Con so my preferences would lean towards Saturday

The free badges are full weekend badges so if you're only coming for 1 day my preference would be to give the badges to members planing to stay for the whole weekend event and / or those coming from great distances to offset their costs; and after they are covered hand out the remainders to those who will make the most use out of them.

I updated the main thread with preferences as to who the free badges should go to.

I want to try to save the people putting out more money to come some of that buy not making them buy badges which I hope is agreeable to everyone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: