About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=49cfb23ff4ef1a2f4c280b3e43f41666Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mailing List??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:36 pm    Post subject: Mailing List?? Reply with quote

Due to the low volume of traffic here, would people prefer to use an email list (e.g. on Yahoo! Groups) for communication?

Thoughts?

Chris

transferred ()

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: Mailing List?? Reply with quote

I think the volume of traffic is going to get a little larger. Congrats on your new territory.

Mookie

Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:34 am    Post subject: Mailing List?? Reply with quote

Chris,

There is a Yahoo! Group for the Nor Cal RL, but there is absolutely no activity on it. I think there are 8 members currently listed there. So far it seems like most people check the boards more often than groups, but we shall see what the other people want.

Bridget

Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:38 am    Post subject: Mailing List?? Reply with quote

Thanks. I know about the NorCal Yahoo! Group I created it
JediKai (Kate B)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:00 am    Post subject: Mailing List?? Reply with quote

I'd much rather come here where topics are threaded rather than get a bunch of separate emails.  I like this format better than a list serve. 

Now that the newly constituted base has most of the northern west coast.....is the group's website going to change to Endor Base rather than "Northern California"?       Nice, website, BTW.

Bothan Jedi ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Mailing List?? Reply with quote

yep, i think we should hang out here. the forum feature of this site is very cool and it's easier to manage new members.

i'm hoping to update the website over the holidays.

what's peoples feeling on having a local roster on the site? the one here is very nice and not sure i want to invest time in duplicating it, esp. with such a large base to cover.

i'm also hoping to get our own domain sometime soon. would people be up for donating some cash to help fund the project?

i can cover the web service portion, but some small donation toward the domain name registration + DNS each year would be cool.

thanks

chris

JediKai (Kate B)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:34 am    Post subject: Mailing List?? Reply with quote

I'd only want a local roster if it is either:

1.  screen name and a spam-proofed email addresss and other info as the individual is willing to share in a public, web-based forum.

2.  password accessed but with more info

Padme Amanda ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Mailing List?? Reply with quote

I have a simple Javascript password protection code... email me if you want it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: