Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c4dd64b5a3362d45832e299214db8136Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Posing with a lightsaber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyofTime ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Posing with a lightsaber Reply with quote

So I got my lightsaber but I look awkward carrying it. Do you have any tips for poses or even how to twirl/wield a saber without looking like a numpty or sending it flying across the room.

I wasn't quite sure which section to put this in.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best advice I would say is look up character images on google or such, look at how the actor is posed and use a mirror and try to duplicate it. If you want to feel confident then keep it with you and pose practice for large amounts of time with it.
Guardianofwinds ()

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to necropost, but i do have some information at this point which im unsure if the OP has come across yet. For those who maybe havent' a couple places to check are

NY Jedi, they have both spinning and the first few versions of the lightsaber combat forms. I teach their Shii Cho at a Lightsaber combat group i've founded in town. found on: Youtube, Facebook and the web

TPLA: A lightsaber combat academy that also does long distance training. Very good quality material, even better for folks who live in Michigan as the school is located in Ann Arbor. Found on: Facebook, Youtube, and the Web

The Saber Legion: Very much like TPLA, and is worldwide. They introduce alot of the mythos of starwars into their forms/theology. I highly reccomend them ( yes im jaded as im part of them) They're found on; Youtube, Facebook, and the web.

Bendu lightsaber Academy: Not alot of experience in this group, but they have an amazing Soresu tutorials.

Saberforum: (Ultrasabers forum) They have a forum section on spinning and a section on Combat. both are phenomenal

These are just a few places and i hope this helps.

Last edited by Guardianofwinds () on Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagged to follow up on Guardianofwinds' excellent list of resources. Smile
dragonhawkz (Chris Moxey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lady,
I also have much the same problem, but it's improving for me... Despite the funny looks, but with the approval of my manager, I have been wearing the thing at work. My balance was completely off the first time I wore a saber on my belt. After all you don't want to necessarily carry the whole thing all of the time. So that helps.

Also it has been something that I'm now known for walking around our work site carrying, just to stop myself looking like quite such a wally when it's fully bladed. No, I don't have the blade in it at work, but just being able to feel comfortable with it is half the battle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: