Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fc9b8750b4fe3fea522901b4537e83a3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ANH Leia WIP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nnaydolem (Melody)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: ANH Leia WIP Reply with quote

Hey all!

I have the costume BUG! I've loved star was my entire life. so putting that energy to good use!

i have been working on the ANH Leia for the past couple of weeks. Here are a few IN progress pictures. ANY feedback welcome! it is hard to take pic by myself...so please excuse the angles Sad Thanks for reading!!!

Very first attempt doing buns.. hard to tuck in my layers my myself. but i think i have an idea of how to it.

Front of dress...

back of dress

testing the dremel with the metal.

pattern i am using

Boots. HOLY Moses finding white boots! yikes!

I have modified these and taken off the belt...Eventually i will order the JDOS boots, but for now i hope that these will work. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nnaydolem (Melody)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welll...i had a bit of a struggle with the belt pieces. Sad the only one i liked was the front panel.

Does anyone have suggestions for cutting these out? I am scrapping everything but the front. :/ I need to take the dremel to it still...this is just a rough cut

any help would be most appreciated!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dally ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for how to do the metal pieces of the belt. Did you check the Padawan's Guide? Just curious, are the circular "button" pieces separate? And how will you attach them to the belt?
nnaydolem (Melody)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dally wrote:
Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for how to do the metal pieces of the belt. Did you check the Padawan's Guide? Just curious, are the circular "button" pieces separate? And how will you attach them to the belt?

The button is a separate piece. The panels, not sure what to call them, will be put on the leather with rivets & than i was going to glue on the buttons.

UNLESS someone has a better suggestion! Smile
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you are making great progress so far. I've asked the woman who made my belt to come in here and give some suggestions for you. Leia Buns

It's hard to tell with your dress on the hangar, but you will want to be sure that your hood is only gathered into the back half of your collar, and does not come too far forward on your shoulders.

It's also hard to tell from your photos, but your buns may be a bit small, although you seem to have the twisting idea down. Once you put them both in at once, we can give a better assessment of that. I find that hairspray is my best friend, in addition to pins, when putting buns in. It's helpful to spray into your hair when you are combing your part into pigtails too, so that the part and top of your head is nice and smooth.

Keep us updated as you continue to work on this.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site

nnaydolem (Melody)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jenna!

Thanks for the information and encouragement!

I think I will have to take a bit of material out of the hood, it does come a bit further up than required.

On the buns i have my hair which is almost waist length (again, i just got 7 inches off a couple of months ago) and one package of "remy" hair. Next time i practice, i will take a front shot.

OK as for the belt, here is what i did last night. My battery died last night so not of the pieces have been dremelled yet. (i am not sure that is even a word) Confused and yes my cat was supervising Smile

Thank you for allll of the feed back!! very much appreciated! I will keep you all updated!
nnaydolem (Melody)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i did a collar update...

any thoughts?
silvermitt ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I am not too late to chime in a suggestion for the Leia belt? I'm making the ceremonial gown for my daughter and I'm fairly sure the belt is the same design, but different color (semantic aside of subtle differences).

I bought the largest belt blanks, which we cut off the three places where they had the belt attachments on the backside, cut down the shapes per the posted parts measurements, drilled holes in the center for the concho blanks we had ordered as well.

https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/concho-blank-round-1-1-4-32-mm

Pleas consider these as an easier alternative. They are the correct size, screwback for easy on and off if you need to do that. We didn't use an overly heavy leather weight, so we needed to make a leather "washer" for the backside to keep them from moving.
nnaydolem (Melody)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not too late at all!

I like the idea of the conchos! that is brilliant!

I will have to swing by Tandy on my way home tonight, see what they have.

Thanks for the input!!!

I have everything ready to go minus the belt! I am giddy excited.
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your collar and hood setup looks much better. Nicely done!

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden

Charter Committee | Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS Web Site

nnaydolem (Melody)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much.

I'm just waiting for the leather part of the belt to be completed.
nnaydolem (Melody)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so second attempt at the hair. i am not using hairspray tonight...and i didn't get all the strays, but i added another batch of hair.

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Size looks good. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

nnaydolem (Melody)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all! been waiting for the belt to be finished...SO hopefully. i can get this completed this weekend! Very Happy
nnaydolem (Melody)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silvermitt wrote:
I hope I am not too late to chime in a suggestion for the Leia belt? I'm making the ceremonial gown for my daughter and I'm fairly sure the belt is the same design, but different color (semantic aside of subtle differences).

I bought the largest belt blanks, which we cut off the three places where they had the belt attachments on the backside, cut down the shapes per the posted parts measurements, drilled holes in the center for the concho blanks we had ordered as well.

https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/concho-blank-round-1-1-4-32-mm

Pleas consider these as an easier alternative. They are the correct size, screwback for easy on and off if you need to do that. We didn't use an overly heavy leather weight, so we needed to make a leather "washer" for the backside to keep them from moving.

Conchos have been purchased! (finally) hoping to get the belt completed tomorrow!! if that is the case...I should be submitted this weekend.

I have come to grips with the fact i will just need to have help with the hair. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: